Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th Part 3 More Reaction

Am I the only one who thinks the mouth animations aren't half bad? Besides Ryo letting out that "AUghHHGH" in the beginning when he is beaten up, and the big muscle guy, the rest of the mouth animations seemed good to me. Especially Shenhua's, hers looked very polished.
I also have no problem with them. they look fine to me. You have to really be paying attention to that to notice imperfections. Forgetting all the rest thats happening in the screen

Last edited:
i think the animations are fine, or lets say they could be better but they could also be way worse.
give me 20 minutes with the game and i will get used to it.
they will look better on release, you know a little bit tweaked and polished i guess
but people who expect real human faces where every muscle moves with every new expression ...
thats not gonna happen. so better get used to it as soon as possible.

if you look at the latest footage and your thoughts are something like "the characters will look so different and much better in the release version, the dialogues will be much better in the release version, all the animations will look sooo much better..."
you are gonna be really disappointed.

I also have no problem with them. they look fine to me. You have to really be paying attention to that to notice imperfections. Forgetting all the rest thats happening in the screen

My only problem with it was that some of the syncing seemed slightly off. Their mouths were moving but some of the audio seemed a bit ahead of the animation. Granted, it could just be compression issues, or it could be something that will be ironed out in the final product but that was my one problem with the mouth animations

I been reading everybody comments about the new trailer about what people liked and not like and from other forums like Neogaf and gamespot forums. For me personally, I did not find any flaws because I don't know what is things like animation being bad. Is the reason why I loved the trailer so much I liked everything I saw.

When Shenmue 3 comes out I'm going to spend a lot of time training and sparring because I always liked watching people train in Kung Fu movies. My favorite movie of all time is the original Drunken master with Jackie Chan. I'm very excited to see Ryo being trained by a Master that reminds me of the Sam Seed from the movie Drunken Master. hehe

Like I was saying I fee so bad for all the hard work and cared been put on Shenmue 3 by Yu Suzuki and his team and a lot of people sound so ungrateful every time they show us a new trailer or some screenshots. Yu Suzuki is working tirelessly and sleeps in his office to make Shenmue 3 the best game possible for the fans and the world. Maybe we should take a moment to appreciate Shenmue 3 for what it is.

IGN Japan impressions are up
https://jp.ign.com/shenmue-3/33819/preview/iii

from a rough translation i can tell that there are multiple interesting things to note..
it confirms that all conversations will be voiced but at the same time sadly you won't be able to talk to everybody.
you can change custom parts (shoes, upper body etc) on the fly and you can buy them from stores!
the game wont feature supernatural stuff.

regarding controls
it seems that you can adjust the camera (zoom in/out)
the trigger will once again used to zoom in to search/interact with objects
but what i was afraid of since the very beginning became a reality, the camera will move in 360 degree..... sigh.

the game wont feature supernatural stuff.
W-what? Isn't shenmue supposed to become based on alot of supernatural stuff? What about the SWORD and shenhuas powers, and how she literally explodes in the project berkley trailer?

Too bad we won't be able to talk to anybody, that was a "shenmue staple".
Why don't people like 360 cams ?
The camera will probably lock behind the back when running, to it's probably used to get 360 view while still.

One more thing...
Characters which you can interact with will have their names displayed when you pass by them.

Little disappointed we can't talk to everyone. I guess no more asking random people for directions But I guess that's due to the budget.

So what's the point of making a shitton of NPCs if you can't interact with some of them? This is the worst piece of news about the game since it's announcement, it seriously impacted my interest in the game. Talking to people is the crux of Shenmue's gameplay.

actually the article is full of interesting points, hopefully Switch will do his usual great work and translate it soon.
it seems the game will have difficulty mode from the very beginning. (4 difficulties)
it will effect more than just the battles without further details given.

the consumable items can be consumed from the inventory.

So what's the point of making a shitton of NPCs if you can't interact with some of them? This is the worst piece of news about the game since it's announcement, it seriously impacted my interest in the game. Talking to people is the crux of Shenmue's gameplay.
Same...

there is another good part related to this point though...
the characters you can interact with will have way much more depth in conversations it seems.

he said this is one of the things they were not able to deliver due to budget constraints.

the characters you can interact with will have way much more depth in conversations it seems.

they said this is one of the things they were not able to deliver due to budget constrains.
So what's the point of the non-interactable NPCs? Just pointless fluff? I'd rather they allocated their budget to have 200 NPCs who are fully interactable than 500 who some of them are only eyecandy "pedistrians"

The game is incorporating alot of the stuff I crticised Yakuza for.

they said this is one of the things they were not able to deliver due to budget constrains.
Well, OK, but a simple "Don't wanna talk, foreigner" or any variation of that would've sufficed.
"Sorry, I can't help you". etc..

Weird. Let's see what the translation says.

Back