Microsoft should bail out and cancel 2020's Xbox Scarlett

standtrip

Banned
The next Xbox is doomed. It's over they can't win after Xbox One it's already established they have lost almost their entire fanbase after the 2013 fallout.

I just don't see the point of them continuing. Have you seen the sales numbers? It's insane, Xbox is the pure laughing stock of gaming it doesn't make it a worthwhile competitor.

Xbox Scarlett is completely useless. Microsoft are not good with business in gaming they're always gonna brag about numbers and power because they make computers but nah everyone is looking at PS5 by brand recognition and legacy alone. They said Halo Infinite is the launch game, Halo is almost dead, the core fanbase are very low in numbers, people don't care anymore.

Microsoft should announce they're leaving like SEGA did and just make games for PlayStation if that's even possible. End up putting all their main games on PC since they're already doing that anyway. We don't need Xbox consoles anymore. PC, PlayStation and Nintendo.

No.

More competition is better for us as consumers and pushing each other by trying to one up each other makes everyone have to try and impress us. The reason that Sony is now doing backwards compatibility for the PS5 and starting to allow crossplay is because of Microsoft.

The original Xbox sold worse then the Xbox One has done and then they came out with the 360 which was a massive success. Nintendo had massive flops with the Virtual Boy and Wii U and came back swinging. Apple almost ceased to exist in the 90’s and then turned into one of the biggest companies in the world.

Also people do care about Xbox’s games. The reason they do a Forza every year is because it makes money. They also just announced over 3 million people played Gears 5 this weekend so that was a success. If people didn’t care about Halo they wouldn’t be making a new one, they have people with better data then you have to access whether it’s a smart move. If Halo 5 didn’t sell well then they wouldn’t be making it.

The company has just spent probably well in the hundreds of millions on new studios so to throw that away in a matter of months would be idiotic. You don’t want to live in a world where Sony can do lots of anti consumer stuff like in the early PS3 and Xbox One days without someone forcing them to get more consumer friendly.

I hope you've sent this in an email to Microsoft, as they surely won't have considered any of these matters before.

Or maybe being the biggest selling product isn't the be-all, end-all. I suspect Burger King and Pepsi are doing alright for themselves. And sometimes even a loss-making product can be tactically worth it in the long run, if it keeps the company's brand alive for the next go-around and its fingers in the right pies.

I'm not saying Microsoft (or any of its rivals) always has the answers, but let's not assume they're big dum-dums either based on factors we're not in an informed position to judge.

If MS actually cared about console gaming, it would be different, but they don't.

The only point for the XBOX systems to exist, were to keep Sony incheck anyway, and if they are unwilling to fill that role, then yea I have to agree.

MS only cares about controlling a market, which they learned the hard way, It's not possible to control the console market. Everyone but EA was against the always online BS, so It's not even just gamers who hated that, but even the industry as a whole was against that crap.

Ever since MS found out they can't control the console market, they wanted out. It is such a waste of money for then to even make a console, they should just release a small box to run gamepass through it, and call it a day.

No.

More competition is better for us as consumers and pushing each other by trying to one up each other makes everyone have to try and impress us. The reason that Sony is now doing backwards compatibility for the PS5 and starting to allow crossplay is because of Microsoft.

The original Xbox sold worse then the Xbox One has done and then they came out with the 360 which was a massive success. Nintendo had massive flops with the Virtual Boy and Wii U and came back swinging. Apple almost ceased to exist in the 90’s and then turned into one of the biggest companies in the world.

Also people do care about Xbox’s games. The reason they do a Forza every year is because it makes money. They also just announced over 3 million people played Gears 5 this weekend so that was a success. If people didn’t care about Halo they wouldn’t be making a new one, they have people with better data then you have to access whether it’s a smart move. If Halo 5 didn’t sell well then they wouldn’t be making it.

The company has just spent probably well in the hundreds of millions on new studios so to throw that away in a matter of months would be idiotic. You don’t want to live in a world where Sony can do lots of anti consumer stuff like in the early PS3 and Xbox One days without someone forcing them to get more consumer friendly.

Let the church say "AMEN."?

Ever since MS found out they can't control the console market, they wanted out. It is such a waste of money for then to even make a console, they should just release a small box to run gamepass through it, and call it a day.

If they want out why did they just buy a bunch of new first party studios and a new console? A business does not invest in things they’re trying to stop investing in.

If you want out it’s easy, just stop making consoles and games. They did the exact opposite because they want to stay in.

If they want out why did they just buy a bunch of new first party studios and a new console? A business does not invest in things they’re trying to stop investing in.

If you want out it’s easy, just stop making consoles and games. They did the exact opposite because they want to stay in.

There's other markets they could make use of those studios, like PC, and streaming.

This new xbox is dumb granted, but they're using it to get people to go switch over to PS, as well as pushing their streaming services.

Why is the new Xbox dumb? You don’t know anything about it other then it’s more powerful and has Halo on it.

Also how are they pushing people to streaming. Sure they have the XCloud thing they’re working on but it’s the Game Pass that I see advertised everywhere, that seems to be what they’re pushing.

Also releasing a product to push people to another one is stupid, no business works like that.

Why is the new Xbox dumb? You don’t know anything about it other then it’s more powerful and has Halo on it.

Also how are they pushing people to streaming. Sure they have the XCloud thing they’re working on but it’s the Game Pass that I see advertised everywhere, that seems to be what they’re pushing.

Also releasing a product to push people to another one is stupid, no business works like that.

focusing on streaming, and everything else that is anti console, is all I need to know.

Yea woops, I meant streaming, and services.

Yes, I know, you know, everyone knows that, except MS.

I was a Xbox fanboy; I had the original and the 360, loved the controller, the Achievements, online service and games. Remember, there was a point where the likes of Mass Effect and BioShock were labelled as an Xbox Exclusive. Throw the likes of Halo and Gears of War into the mix and you had a console that could not be skipped. The only reason I ended purchasing a PS3 was for Metal Gear Solid 4, but as the generation got older, I started playing the PS3 a lot more to a point I put the Xbox 360 away.

Why? Games. PS3 was dropping games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, God of War and The Last of Us when it felt like all Microsoft was doing was releasing sequels to Gears and Halo and also losing the exclusivity of some of those big games mentioned above. When the PS4 and Xbox One were due to be released, I was excited to play the next instalment of the David Cage games, God of War, The Last of Us, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, Infamous and more. By then, I was already bored with Halo, Gears and they pretty much killed off Fable. On top of this, my brother and I could split the cost of games by buying them digitally and sharing them across consoles.

So then they announced the Xbox One, all the stupid DRM rules and the Kinect. Their presentation was more focused on watching TV through your Xbox....on your TV than actual games. That is when the Xbox One became the second console I have not not purchased along with the Wii U. As predicted, they focused most of their efforts of releasing new Gears and Halo games whilst forcing their studios to work on single games.There hasn't been a single Xbox One game I have been tempted to buy. Cup Head looked interesting but that is now on Switch, I did end up buying in on PC but did not even get pass the second level before I got bored.

So yeah, no longer a fan of Xbox at all. I am just very worried Sony are going to become very arrogant and pull some similar shit the Xbox One did with the PS5.

Don Mattrick was cancer for the Xbox brand, and since Peter Moore left they have lost a lot of weight in the bussiness, but right know Microsoft is needed in this market, competition is what make this evolve. I don't like MS first party games, but they were great scoring exclusives in the first 360 days. Sometomes I miss my 360, one of the better consoles I ever had and the only one without a 1st party game in mu library

I think Microsoft are not even in the business to win against Sony anymore. Xbox has always been a kind of niche console outside North America. It is considered a B brand in Europe and only technically existant in Japan. I'm not sure about the Asian and other regions markets but I don't think Xbox will ever enjoy the worldwide success of Playstation or some Nintendo systems.

But with their Windows, Azure and Office business they have a license to print money and are in the console business most likely because they can. If they were in it for business reasons they would have had to retreat from markets like Japan 10 years ago. Them even staying in those markets while selling literally a few dozen hardware units per week is insane on a business level.

I can see them getting out of the hardware business after the Scarlett and restructure Xbox into a brand for game streaming. The "Play any Xbone game on PC" service they offer kind of hints in that direction.

For the time being, they'll stay. Because they can. Xbox doesn't need to make money. Microsoft makes more money than companies like Sony or much less Nintendo can even dare to dream of.

Don Mattrick was cancer for the Xbox brand, and since Peter Moore left they have lost a lot of weight in the bussiness, but right know Microsoft is needed in this market, competition is what make this evolve. I don't like MS first party games, but they were great scoring exclusives in the first 360 days. Sometomes I miss my 360, one of the better consoles I ever had and the only one without a 1st party game in mu library

Well Peter Moore what the great bargain MS thought he was, because even though he got the XBOX Sega's IPs, Peter More was overtly against Japanese games(even even made many statement publically to that effect as wll), the entire direction of each XBOX system(yes including the XBOX One), is largely due to Peter Moore.

Even when Peter More went to EA, MS was still in communication with him, and directly taking cues from him as well(because MS doesn't know jack about the industry). It's why MS, and EA had such close ties to one another.

Well Peter Moore what the great bargain MS thought he was, because even though he got the XBOX Sega's IPs, Peter More was overtly against Japanese games(even even made many statement publically to that effect as wll), the entire direction of each XBOX system(yes including the XBOX One), is largely due to Peter Moore.

Even when Peter More went to EA, MS was still in communication with him, and directly taking cues from him as well(because MS doesn't know jack about the industry). It's why MS, and EA had such close ties to one another.
Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon, DoA3 to 4, several JRPGs... I don't know, all japanese exclusives, not only Sega's, where made under Peter Moore...

I think that a lot of people demonize MS just for not being a Japanese company

focusing on streaming, and everything else that is anti console, is all I need to know.

Yea woops, I meant streaming, and services.

Yes, I know, you know, everyone knows that, except MS.

Out of Microsoft, Sony and Google they’re the least streaming focused.

Stadia is literally streaming only.

PSnow was streaming only until Games Pass came along and even then only certain games can you play play straight from your hard drive.

Game Pass has no streaming feature and is something they’re pushing more then X Cloud.

Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon, DoA3 to 4, several JRPGs... I don't know, all japanese exclusives, not only Sega's, where made under Peter Moore...

I think that a lot of people demonize MS just for not being a Japanese company

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there were no Japanese games, just Peter moore, and every leader of the XBOX division since, has been actively against Japanese games.

You’re talking out your arse mate. In the 360 era they went for tons of exclusive Japanese games to try and win over the Japanese market. Stuff like Blue Dragon from the creator of Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden 2 and the Tales of Vesperia. They also fought hard to get titles like Final Fantasy XIII and Devil May Cry IV on their system which were originally announced as PS3 exclusives which lead to us having more multi platform 3rd party games nowadays.

Even this past E3 they announced Phantasy Star Online 2.

You’re talking out your arse mate. In the 360 era they went for tons of exclusive Japanese games to try and win over the Japanese market. Stuff like Blue Dragon from the creator of Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden 2 and the Tales of Vesperia. They also fought hard to get titles like Final Fantasy XIII and Devil May Cry IV on their system which were originally announced as PS3 exclusives which lead to us having more multi platform 3rd party games nowadays.

Even this past E3 they announced Phantasy Star Online 2.

during the 360 era, MS had a ban on certain genres, you couldn't get a RPG on their digital storefront for a long time.

Also lets talk about the so called Japanese games on MS systems, notice how they are almost always the mosternized things you can imagine.

Yea, they're so desperate, they're excepting anything people are willing to bring over these days. They're lucky that's such a high in demand game, but too little, way too late.

during the 360 era, MS had a ban on certain genres, you couldn't get a RPG on their digital storefront for a long time.

Right start backing up your claims with proof because you’re just spouting bullshit. I got a 360 at launch and no genre’s were banned, there was size limits on Arcade games. I downloaded the Final Fantasy XI beta around that time which is a Japanese MMORPG.

I want you to link to a website that actually confirms what you’ve said otherwise I can just start throwing out claims as well, like you only hate Xbox because you can’t afford one and are super jealous that other people have them.

Back