My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

I agree with you let the sleeping mechanic (y)

For the subway i remmber it was a little to long when i tried the demo few month ago (in my opinion)
But yes you can let it or add a screen wich says next train in 5 min

I agree with you let the sleeping mechanic (y)

For the subway i remmber it was a little to long when i tried the demo few month ago (in my opinion)
But yes you can let it or add a screen wich says next train in 5 min
yes and i reduced it big time thanks to your feedback but the playtesters didnt liked the slice of life mechanics of the game but i will keep them

yes and i reduced it big time thanks to your feedback but the playtesters didnt liked the slice of life mechanics of the game but i will keep them
Could you make them optional or would that break the game mechanics?

Could you make them optional or would that break the game mechanics?
I can do that for some mechanics but not all, it's a good idea I'll think about it. Thanks for the suggestion

I can do that for some mechanics but not all, it's a good idea I'll think about it. Thanks for the suggestion
No worries. If it busts your idea of the game man don't do it. Keep your own creative vision :)

Now you can chat with every character in the game, much like in "Shenmue". Each character stands out with their own identity and personality, so you'll never bump into the same dialogue or persona again. Whether you're asking for directions, seeking help, or just engaging in brief banter, the experience will always be unique.

Now you can chat with every character in the game, much like in "Shenmue". Each character stands out with their own identity and personality, so you'll never bump into the same dialogue or persona again. Whether you're asking for directions, seeking help, or just engaging in brief banter, the experience will always be unique.
May I see concept art for Aya Sasaki?😁

I don't have any concept art for her, but there is the portrait sprite I used for the dialogue manager if you want :tearsofjoy:
Thumbnail.png

"Hood Story: Kaito Yamazaki DEMO" is now available on Steam! (The demo is currently available only in English and French; other languages, such as Japanese, will be available for the full game release).

The version 1.1 of the demo is now live on Steam. I've made significant improvements to the combat system and fixed some translation bugs. Thank you to everyone here at the dojo who has tried the demo or will try it in the future.

I don't have much time to play games these days, but know, @Kenzo38130 , this is at the top of my list. This is very impressive work, and I'm glad it's coming together; thank you for sharing the development process with us, too!

Have had a play of the demo. It's shown definate improvement from when I played a really early build man. Well done.

A few things I think the game would benefit from.
1. Allowing the use of the B button on controllers in menus to go back.
2. Main Menu - have a return to game option as there isn't one and it isn't clear that you have to press options to get out.
3. Prompts for the dance mini-game should be bigger IMO.
4. The boxing mini-game: When you fail it should have a small stop with a taunt or something from the machine to allow the player to reset themselves.

Overall it is good work.

Have had a play of the demo. It's shown definate improvement from when I played a really early build man. Well done.

A few things I think the game would benefit from.
1. Allowing the use of the B button on controllers in menus to go back.
2. Main Menu - have a return to game option as there isn't one and it isn't clear that you have to press options to get out.
3. Prompts for the dance mini-game should be bigger IMO.
4. The boxing mini-game: When you fail it should have a small stop with a taunt or something from the machine to allow the player to reset themselves.

Overall it is good work.
Thanks a lot for the feedback and suggestion , i will work on these thing

I also want to thanks the cm of shenmue dojo on twitter for the help those who beta tested the first build and also lemon haze who helped me recently with a lot of thing❤️

Last edited:
I've also added karaoke. There are now a ton of activities and mini-games in the open world of the game (work in progress).

Heya, sorry if I'm late to the party, but allow me to congratulate you on reaching this important milestone Kenzo! Since you started working on this project over two years ago, you have most certainly gained a lot of experience in this field. Do you have any plans about the future of your projects?

Heya, sorry if I'm late to the party, but allow me to congratulate you on reaching this important milestone Kenzo! Since you started working on this project over two years ago, you have most certainly gained a lot of experience in this field. Do you have any plans about the future of your projects?
Thank you so much! Indeed, I've been working for almost 4 years on this project (because this game is a mix of an beat em up i've been working on and the shenmue fan game i've been working on too) and have learned along the way. My current plan is to release the game in early 2024 on PC (console). If it's well received, I have ambitious ideas for an even grander sequel.

Back