Panzer Dragoon Remake - Switch Trailer (Now also available on: Steam, GOG, Amazon Luna, PS4 & Xbox One)

ITS UP

Grabbing it now! Along with Gravity Rush 2, saw that was in the sale at £13, couldn't resist :LOL:

Waiting for xbox one to have it sit next to orta...

At the rate they've pumped out the Steam, Gog & PS4 releases it wouldn't surprise me if the XOne version drops next week, or not too long after anyway... 🤞

Really enjoyed it! That opening cinematic gave me goosebumps 😅

Was glad they paid tribute to Team Andromeda in the credits, so awesome to see! Nice that they consulted Futatsugi too!

Now the long wait for Zwei beginneth :LOL:

And it was 1:30 hour long like the remake? Because I know games that time were kinda shorter but 1:30h seems ridiculous to me even for those standards
Technically, if you didn't use up all the continues, or die at all, and breezed through the bosses, it's probably not even an hour. It's not very likely that anyone would have been able to do that their first time playing the original, though. Most shooters at the time (2D or 3D) were about that long, if you could beat them at all. (In the case of 2D shooters, I really mean 1-credit clears.) The time to get to the point where that was possible was where a lot of the gameplay time would come from. The nice thing about Panzer Dragoon was that the more you started to understand and learn, the better you would do, and the more continues you would earn for the gauntlets at the end of the game.

Zwei adds a bit more to the run-time, but Orta's really the one to offer a more 'substantial' (two-and-a-half-ish hour) experience. I like the original Panzer Dragoon as sort of a time capsule, and an early 3D game done really well, though.

Technically, if you didn't use up all the continues, or die at all, and breezed through the bosses, it's probably not even an hour. It's not very likely that anyone would have been able to do that their first time playing the original, though. Most shooters at the time (2D or 3D) were about that long, if you could beat them at all. (In the case of 2D shooters, I really mean 1-credit clears.) The time to get to the point where that was possible was where a lot of the gameplay time would come from. The nice thing about Panzer Dragoon was that the more you started to understand and learn, the better you would do, and the more continues you would earn for the gauntlets at the end of the game.

Zwei adds a bit more to the run-time, but Orta's really the one to offer a more 'substantial' (two-and-a-half-ish hour) experience. I like the original Panzer Dragoon as sort of a time capsule, and an early 3D game done really well, though.
Isn't fairly standard for these 3d shoot em up to be short? Star Fox 64 was also around that lenght if my memory serves right.

Arcade games were never long and they do not need to. Length is a bad metric for determining videogame quality IMHO as some of my best experiences were in short videogames.

Coming next to Amazon Luna on 29th November. The wait for the Xbox One port continues 😅

Now finally available on Xbox One!

I just love that Orta is still officially available via backwards compatibility, and soon...the entire main series may make its way onto modern consoles. We know all but Saga will be released...though the team has hinted strongly about Saga being at least an interest to them.

I just love that Orta is still officially available via backwards compatibility, and soon...the entire main series may make its way onto modern consoles. We know all but Saga will be released...though the team has hinted strongly about Saga being at least an interest to them.
With Orta and Crimson Dragon only available on Xbox, it was finally nice to add Remake side by side with them.
I'm sure consoles will also get Zwei, but it wouldn't surprise me if Xbox has to wait a year again to get it after the Switch release. Unless it was a one-year exclusivity deal with Nintendo just for the first title...

A Saga remake would be mouth watering, but there's a lot more to live upto there than a remake of the first two games I think. And to be honest I'm a bit scared of any modern developer tackling something like Saga. Can they do it justice?

I've seen footage of Orta running on Xbox One X and it still looks gorgeous. A friend who's actually played it on the One X said it looks better than Remake, and this is an 18 year old game! lol

With Orta and Crimson Dragon only available on Xbox, it was finally nice to add Remake side by side with them.
I'm sure consoles will also get Zwei, but it wouldn't surprise me if Xbox has to wait a year again to get it after the Switch release. Unless it was a one-year exclusivity deal with Nintendo just for the first title...

A Saga remake would be mouth watering, but there's a lot more to live upto there than a remake of the first two games I think. And to be honest I'm a bit scared of any modern developer tackling something like Saga. Can they do it justice?

I've seen footage of Orta running on Xbox One X and it still looks gorgeous. A friend who's actually played it on the One X said it looks better than Remake, and this is an 18 year old game! lol
I haven't completed Orta on One X, but I have played it, and it does look amazing. Haven't played Remake either, yet. Might be a next paycheck purchase.

Haven't played Saga either, sadly. Started it on an emulator, but never finished...maybe with the TerraOnion Mode I can finally play it.

I don't have an Xbox One but had an original one. Loved Orta. Hope it gets ported or remade to Switch along with Saga. Zwei should be around the corner too.

Irritating: Instagram

I would have loved to own this version instead of the Switch version I bought because I wanted the Saturn case. I don't even own a Switch. And...STILL HASN'T EVEN SHIPPED YET.

Back