Panzer Dragoon Remake - Switch Trailer (Now also available on: Steam, GOG, Amazon Luna, PS4 & Xbox One)

I got my Switch shipped finally, btw. :cool:

So I went ahead and bought the LRG version of Panzer Dragoon.

Last edited:
I got my Switch shipped finally, btw. :cool:

So I went ahead and bought the LRG version of Panzer Dragoon.
People on twatter keep bitching about the game needing to be "fixed", so if you could give impressions (especially as someone who has played the original in depth) once you get the game it would be appreciated. I saw one tweet claiming it didn't have the extra hidden shot types, which I find hard to believe.

People on twatter keep bitching about the game needing to be "fixed", so if you could give impressions (especially as someone who has played the original in depth) once you get the game it would be appreciated. I saw one tweet claiming it didn't have the extra hidden shot types, which I find hard to believe.

I find it enjoyable. Couldn't understand the 'modern' controls at all, but the classic controls are fine. It's not a perfect impersonation, but the game is perfectly playable and plenty of fun. *shrugs* It's been like 15 years since I last played the original (Saga is the one I still play to this day), so maybe I'm not hardcore enough to pick out all the faults.

I'm dying for a Saga re-release of some sort. I had a chance--twice--to buy it. The first time was at its release, when I opted for just Shining Force III since I wasn't an on-rails shooter fan (oh, it's an RPG--whoops, too late!). The second was a few years ago, I found a copy for $400 in person in a store, just before it started jump in price again, but I didn't get it then either (although my reasons were more legit that time!).

After hearing practically nothing but good things about Saga, I am dying to play it as well...tried to emulate it, but it was...not the same. If I remember correctly, the music and sound was glitchy and I could only get the barebones of it. I want to experience it like it was meant to be experienced.

Great news on the remake, though...and reading up on their thoughts on patching it until it is the definitive version has me excited.

Great to hear it sold well, I enjoyed it a lot. I know they already announced Zwei, but could've seen them scrapping it if the first remake didn't perform. I hope it gets here sooner than later, and of course hope to see Saga and Orta as well.

Their official Twitter just confirmed that PS4, Steam and GOG releases are on the way.
An Xbox version will arrive sometime later (confirmed in the comments section):

Their official Twitter just confirmed that PS4, Steam and GOG releases are on the way.
An Xbox version will arrive sometime later (confirmed in the comments section):

@Amir is there anyway something about this could be edited into the thread title? I'm probably asking too much, but I'm just worried people won't see this if they think the game is still Switch exclusive.

@Amir is there anyway something about this could be edited into the thread title? I'm probably asking too much, but I'm just worried people won't see this if they think the game is still Switch exclusive.

Good idea! I've edited the title and post to include confirmation of release on additional platforms :blush:

Last edited:

We have a date!

Nice to see the PC release finally get set in stone!
I'll have to wait a bit longer for the PS4 and Xbox versions though, as they're what I have.

Back