PlayStation 5

The backwards compatibility could make the PS5 the console to play all Shenmue games on, if S4 comes out on PS5, which would be great.

I just want one system to play all my favourite games on. The Shenmue saga on PS5 would be a start.

I'm so confused why companies have previously been hesitant over backward compatibility. If it's a major cost then fair enough I and understand as I don't play much, if any, backward compatible games. Now the PS5 has confirmed backwards compatibility, first thing I am doing is selling my PS4 and buying one. I hope they keep the headphone jack for the controller. That was such a convenient feature.

Sigh the PS 5 is coming out all the way in holiday 2020, well screw that, I can't wait that long to play Shenmue 3, so looks like I'm going to be looking for a super cheap PS 4 on black Friday.

Damn was hoping to not spend anymore money this year lol.

I'm liking what I've been reading. Just gimme all my Yakuza and other Japanese/Sony releases compatible on PS5 and I'm happy. Previous gens would be nice but not expected (and I have those consoles anyway) but convenience is king in this sort of thing.
Plus I'm excited to think what a future Shenmue/Yakuza game could be like on new hardware, even just a FPS boost to get it in line with Kiwami 2/Shen 3 Ultra settings is fine by me.

Back