[Potential Spoilers] Shenmue III Preview Event

Lan Di will spend most of the game sat on his luxurious leather couch.

je2019_02_the_fatal_dvdkkk.jpg

i believe she will have more presence than Lan-Di in this game... and Lan-Di will definitely have his biggest presence yet too.
i think she is the main villain in III.
I mean you can argue chai was the main antagonist of 1, and that dou niu was of 2. Both of them didnt show up till like halfway in and barely appeared after that anyway. One of the things I hope 3 does is avoid that and actually make her have a real presance if she is gonna be the villain of this game cause of the previously mentioned characters just being the main villain doesnt exactly inspire confidence for thei screentime.

Could it be possible that Niao Sun's red hair is part of a disguise? Apparently Yu said something about her not being the fighting type and her character description already paints her as quite devious and cunning.

Her character description also says she’s a master of the art of Kenpo. What I took from her bio is that she is probably capable of being a force to reckon with but chooses to manipulate those around her instead with her fetching beauty as that is her true specialty. She doesn’t have to get her hands dirty when she can manipulate those around her. That’s not to say she won’t fight though.

Don't think she's the fighting type at all, personally; feel she'll be a flunky boss.
G: Do you have any hints about those characters?
YS:
There will be many new characters. There are the four main bosses. There will be Lan Di from the previous games, and two more fighters. One of those is an extremely beautiful and sexy, but cruel woman. I briefly introduced her image in Shenmue II, but in Shenmue III she will have a proper and extensive role. The last one, on the other hand, is strategist using more cunning than head-on fighting.
Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/shenmu...tech-romance-ps4-pc-frame-rate-and-much-more/
Considering Niao's image first appeared in Shenmue 2 "officially" (her actual first appearance in marketing goes FAR back) I get a feeling that said "beautiful and sexy but cruel" woman will be Niao and she'll be a fighter considering a different character is going to be the one who doesn't use direct fighting, Niao will very likely try to beat us up (And probably succeed at first).

I think Yu Suzuki just decided to change the hair colour of a character that was never featured in the previous games and has been nothing but a concept for over 20 years lol. That's all there is to it imo. The conversation probably went something like:

Random dev: "what do you think about dark red hair?"

Suzuki: "I like it, let's keep it"

Agreed. I'm surprised some perceive it as a big deal or even surprising.

Agreed. I'm surprised some perceive it as a big deal or even surprising.

Well this is Shenmue, people are always looking for the deeper meaning hidden in things, and unlike with books, in the Shenmue games, there tends to actually be deeper meanings behind things.

However yea, I think in this case, It's just a hair color change, because someone liked the look of it better, that's it.

Another preview here.
The great moments of Shenmue III are not in combat, not even in the environment: they are the conversations with Shenhua in the heat of the fire .

That transfer of information between the couple makes the nostalgia that we kept in the trunk of memories flourish. Talk about the life that Hot Dog Tom transmitted, Fuku-san's help, about what could have been and was not with Nozomi ... there are so many, so many memories that end up getting you excited.

Ooohh yeaahhhh :giggle: (bold sections are from the article, not my highlights...the whole thing's a highlight).

Marystation highlights

- Highmight that the control has been updated but he said that between lines one can read that the origin were tank controls
- Critisize the fade to black transitioms and the cuts when conversations starts. A lot of focus on those cuts being "2 gen old"
- Visuals are correct. Highlight the mundane detail such as store or the kitchens. The details makes you relax and enjoy a less tech world of 1987
- This is the Shenmue were the gameplay elements are more importants. Highlight the fighting leveling system and been able to see the progession in real time.
- Life bar system, how it is lowered ans how to recover with foos, plants and potions. Also sleeping. This makes the living system rutime more lively, you can structure your day on a daily rutine
- They said the pass of time felt slower than in the originals
- Slow pace and conversations about the past with Shenhua calls to nostalgia and emotions are felt by the writer
- I t is not an easy entry point to new comers, but it is the chance to discover the saga. It will be loved by fans

more footage from the event. its the backer demo area but with Shenhua.

Lucky hit seems to have fixed its floaty physics, and the lip sync seems pretty on point now. Although Ryo's is maybe the most janky? The NPC's lip sync looks much improved. Everything's really shaping up

Nice find, Joel.
thanks! :)
Just another excuse for you to jump in the demo once again! haha

Nice catch. They're either normal-mapped textures or fully modeled.
Thanks!

Good catch. I dont know if they are 3D modeled (it could be parallax mapping) but it's definitely not a flat texture anymore.
thanks!
I don't know what parallax mapping is but they def look 3D now. Way better than before!

correct me if im wrong, but in the demo enemies being far away in a fight they never ran up to ryo like the bookie does here right?

I recall alot of the fights having enemies just slowly walk towards you kicking and it looking real awkward but maybe im misremembering

correct me if im wrong, but in the demo enemies being far away in a fight they never ran up to ryo like the bookie does here right?

I recall alot of the fights having enemies just slowly walk towards you kicking and it looking real awkward but maybe im misremembering
Enemies do run towards you to close the gap in the trial. At least Gold Tiger did, mother fucker was relentless.

Back