Project Update #104: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

The other story/gameplay updates are tougher for me to appreciate right now.
My initial thought is there no doubt that there are literally some people who backed it to include Baisha and "Character Perspective System" who may not have contributed otherwise and in the end there is no Baisha and no "Character Perspective System" So with that in mind I am glad that refunds are being honored because I can understand feeling burnt over the lack of these locations/features. I myself was extremely looking forward to the CPS.

On the other hand. What is this Castle area!? And wow, the game is bigger than Shenmue 2!

*If selecting either the PC Physical or PC Digital version, an option to also receive a Steam key one year later will be available. Backers must manually select this option in the survey to receive the Steam key.
Oh, good catch, I must have misread it. I'll fix that.

I appreciate this clarification, but I'm sorry, I'll go for the refund (EGS code instead of data disk & steam key is not acceptable, I still think KS backers have been played by this whole DS/EPIC mess). I'll be happy to buy this game on Steam in the future.

Can someone answer a question from someone clearly illiterate in game design?

When it talks about character persective systems being ditched, what was that? What do we get instead?

That is not what it reads as at all.

"
a. PC Physical: Package (Disc) + EGS Key

b. PC Digital: EGS Key

c. PS4 Physical: Package (Disc)

d. PS4 Digital: PSN Voucher Code"

If that were true there would be no use for option B. Also it literally says there is a disc and that you can also receive that disc, along with the Steam key. Not to mention it says "Disc + Epic Key" and not Disc with Epic key. All the language implies the data is on the disc but they are also giving an Epic key. And why wouldnt they? Epic are that desperate for users of their store.
Btw, this wouldnt make sense if it were just an Epic launcher on the disc

"*If selecting either the PC Physical or PC Digital version, an option to also receive a Steam key one year later will be available. Backers must manually select this option in the survey to receive the Steam key."
From the update: "The PC Physical version will be delivered on disk. However, the disk will contain the Epic Games Store installer and not the actual game data. "

This is a good update

* The game is now bigger than Shenmue 2 thanks to all the extra money their sales partners have provided

* refunds are available if you're a little cry baby who can't deal with a different launcher for 12 months.

* Free steam keys a year on (great)

* Loads of extra streach goals reached..

we lost the character perspective feature, but personally I never wanted to play anyone other than Ryo anyway..so considering all the other extra stuff we are getting it's a reasonable sacrifice.

if people are still complaining after this they are just part of the internet drama brigade and should be moderated into oblivion...

Last edited:
I wouldn’t think so. There’s not much people can complain if they’re offering refunds and everything they possibly can really.

At least I hope not.

Some people (probably not here to be fair) will spin the stretch goal changes into their "it's a scam" narrative. Although some ones not actually achieved in the campaign have been implemented, they will argue "they don't sound hard to add anyways".

Others argued that anyone (Tim Sweeney) claiming Steam keys cannot be generated day one were lying.

Others are upset the PC physical version will not have the data on a disc.

Refunds shouldn't be offered anyways and I bet a lot of the outrage mob will take them up on it because they are people who jumped on the bandwagon to back the game because of the E3 hype and decided long ago they don't care about the game. Those people were looking for any excuse for a refund.

From the update: "The PC Physical version will be delivered on disk. However, the disk will contain the Epic Games Store installer and not the actual game data. "
Well this is really disappointing. Feels like another broken promise...

Some people (probably not here to be fair) will spin the stretch goal changes into their "it's a scam narrative". Although some ones no achieved have been implemented, they will argue "they don't sound hard to add anyways".

Others argued that anyone (Tim Sweeney) claiming Steam keys cannot be generated day one were lying.

Others are upset the PC physical version will not have the data on a disc.

Refunds shouldn't be offered anyways and I bet a lot of the outrage mob will take them up on it because they are people who jumped on the bandwagon to back the game because of the E3 hype and decided long ago they don't care about the game. Those people were looking for any excuse for a refund.

Which I still stand by.

Angry responses incoming... scam accusations incoming... See you in a few days when the hyperbole and silliness dies down.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. Where there is a chance to be outraged, they will take it. Still I wonder how many people will take refunds if not change to PS4?

I think they'll find refund numbers are much lower than the outrage indicates.

This is a good update

* The game is now bigger than Shenmue 2 thanks to all the extra money their sales partners have provided

* refunds are available if you're a little cry baby who can't deal with a different launcher for 12 months.

* Free steam keys a year on (great)

* Loads of extra streach goals reached..

we lost the character perspective feature, but personally I never wanted to play anyone other than Ryo anyway..so considering all the other extra stuff we are getting it's a reasonable sacrifice.

if people still complaining after this they are just part of the internet drama brigade and should be moderated into oblivion...

Why are you being so antangonistic to those who may be disappointed? Its 100% fair and reasonable for people to want what they backed and are not getting it. Yall people who whine about cry babys, whiners and haters are toxic as fuck. God damn. People are allowed to be disapponted.

Yall dont want to be looked at or labeled as blind fanboys but actions speak for themselves.

Back