PS4 framerate fix

I really dont know why its always japanese developers with these tearing, unlocked framerate and stutter problems on console.
The Nioh games, Nier Automata, Monster Hunter World, Sekiro or Dynasty Warriors 9 have these problems too.
I really dont understand why they dont care about this stuff.

To be fair, I don't care either :p

I don't even know what people in this thread are moaning about. The game plays fine. I mean that in a literal manner, I'm not intentionally trying to offend those who do notice or get annoyed by an inconsistent framerate, but I just mean I really don't notice it much at all and it certainly doesn't impinge on my enjoyment.

I've noticed a few moments where it slows down but nothing that has concerned me

With a PS4 Pro is it best to have Boost Mode ON or OFF? I had it on but if the gaem is more stable without it I can do that.

Mine has undoubtedly run better with it OFF.

To be fair, I don't care either :p

I don't even know what people in this thread are moaning about. The game plays fine. I mean that in a literal manner, I'm not intentionally trying to offend those who do notice or get annoyed by an inconsistent framerate, but I just mean I really don't notice it much at all and it certainly doesn't impinge on my enjoyment.

I definitely understand why people bring it up, but at the same time the originals had worse stutter at points and it never hindered my enjoyment. Like I said, I definitely understand why it’s brought up though. I’m still absolutely loving the game and this in no way hinders it now.

I definitely understand why people bring it up, but at the same time the originals had worse stutter at points and it never hindered my enjoyment. Like I said, I definitely understand why it’s brought up though. I’m still absolutely loving the game and this in no way hinders it now.

Don't get me wrong, having an uncapped framerate is nonsensical, but I hadn't even noticed until someone posted the youtube video with the analysis that demonstrates it.

It's just not something that's that important to me, nor something I really notice in these kind of games. If it was a fast paced FPS I'd notice.

@Hazuki X @RunningWolf
They are not both 1080p.
PS4 renders at a native resolution of 1536x864. PS4 Pro renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080.

The information is right under this framerate video.

Thats why we had this discussion and comparison between PC and different PS4 footage
and why the early leaked PS4 retail footage looked so fuzzy in the details -
because it was standard PS4 footage with less than 900p.

Last edited:
They’ve used blue quite creatively to mask it, but base PS4 is definitely not outputting at 1080p natively. It’s quite clearly being upscaled.

I was playing on Base PS4 (as I received a copy 4 days early) but switched over to PC once it unlocked. I'm pretty sure that the Base PS4 game is utilising unreal 4's dynamic resolution scaling so it could be 1080p at times, but also times when it goes below for sure.

I was playing on Base PS4 (as I received a copy 4 days early) but switched over to PC once it unlocked. I'm pretty sure that the Base PS4 game is utilising unreal 4's dynamic resolution scaling so it could be 1080p at times, but also times when it goes below for sure.

Is there a noticeable performance difference between them?

I've noticed a few moments where it slows down but nothing that has concerned me

With a PS4 Pro is it best to have Boost Mode ON or OFF? I had it on but if the gaem is more stable without it I can do that.
I've never had a problem with boost until shenmue 3

Don't get me wrong here. The frame rate is still all over the place. I was having issues with framerate seeming to temporarily drop from maybe 40 all the way down to 15 and then back up to 40. It just seems to prevent the massive dips. Btw it's not digital foundry but i think you'll be equally happy with this....

Thanks for video. This confirms my suspicions of a terribly inconsistent uncapped framerate. While the game is more than playable and never destroyed my experience, having a locked 30FPS would make this immensely more smooth and cohesive.

It’s clear from the analysis the game even on base machine doesn’t drop below 30, so why they don’t have a locked framerate or at least option frankly is kind of unforgivable. So many bizarre technical choices...

I have to try it with boost mode disabled.
However, I hope they could adress the ps4 pro support in a future update.
Even if games like for example Tomb Raider have a higher budget, I'm sure they still could pull it off. With this game I think you have the options of (upscaled) 4k 30fps, 1080p 60fps or 1080p with enhanced graphics and 30fps

Is the launch PS4 not the same as the base one now? I’m playing it on a PS4 Pro and have the very occasional frame rate drop.

I believe the base PS4 is now the PS4 slim... right? Technologically, the launch and slim should be identical.

That's kind of sad that they couldn't give us 1080p on the standard ps4. There's no excuse for that because the game isn't pushing the hardware's graphical capabilities . If the ps4 can handle the witcher 3 at 1080p then it should be able to handle this. Then again I guess we'll all be getting the ps5 next year so it doesn't really matter.

It definitely seems to have a dynamic resolution. I've noticed it a few times now.

Back