Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
PSN
bcdcdude
Steam
bcdcdude
Have to admit that the games they've announced so far is pretty impressive (Virtua Racing, Popful Mail!). I still haven't touched my MD 1 Mini, PC Engine Mini nor the NES/SNES/PS1 ones, but hell i'm getting this.

Really fairly priced too :D

Also, the wrestling intro is pure unadulturated Sega!

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Fatal Frame
Steam
RetroLord120
Nintendo Friend Code
7010-9792-5042
Honestly, shenmue 3's story could work well as an anime. It's got more zany characters and the story could be expanded so much. I hope it gets done.

24Nathan

24Nathan

Anyone up for sharing some #ShenmueAnime2 in the comments? :)

Will they release the show on Bluray? Haven't seen this yet and would wait for a physical copy if possible.

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Will they release the show on Bluray? Haven't seen this yet and would wait for a physical copy if possible.
That's down to SEGA. Hopefully they do. They'd be insane not to.

I see, so there is no date or hints if they will or not? I saw the merch so I assumed bluray would be pretty obvious thing.

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
I see, so there is no date or hints if they will or not? I saw the merch so I assumed bluray would be pretty obvious thing.
You'd think so but quite honestly I'm not sure what plans there are for it. Why they wouldn't release a DVD/Blu-Ray is beyond me but I have this feeling of dread that they will try and make it a JP only release and we will have to kick off about it.

Correct me if I am wrong but Jason alluded to a lot of changes with the merger. If you have been keeping an eye on the news I assume this doesn’t bode well for a Season 2?

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Correct me if I am wrong but Jason alluded to a lot of changes with the merger. If you have been keeping an eye on the news I assume this doesn’t bode well for a Season 2?

I guess we will have to watch with interest. Jason's pretty active on social media so I'll be intrigued to see if there's a shift in tone from him around Shenmue questions when he does these Ask Me Anything threads.

It doesn't look great on the surface of it but it's difficult to say for sure when we don't know the finer details. Also we know Shenmue was the best performing original series so that does hold some weight as well. Whether that's enough we can only wait.

Spaghetti

Site Staff
Really unfortunate that the anime is being screwed on both ends by corporate restructures and mergers, but it's far from game over with Jason pushing for it internally.

If both Western stakeholders drop out (Adult Swim/WB and Crunchyroll), then it might be down to Japan to decide whether they push for season 2. 🤷‍♂️

Favourite title
Shenmue
I dunno if this has been discussed before (sorry in advance if it has been brought up before), but I don't think ryo knows that the guy in the Bailu pic is sunming yet. This probably because he did not show the picture to yuanda zhu when they were in the hideout. what made me realise it is how ryo was like "this man standing next to my father...he might be....", which kinda shows he doesn't know who sunming is.20220806_004042.jpg
it might be an insignificant change, but I'm really interested to know why yu decided to change it🤔