Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I have a another baby on the way. Due today in fact. I'm not too fussed about middle names but thought of giving her the middle name Shenhua (assuming I can get if pass the wife). Great thing to do or taking the Shenmue fanboyism a bit too far?
My wedding had Shenmue music and I managed to get Shenmue on the wedding cake. I'd say a middle names cool!

I have a another baby on the way. Due today in fact. I'm not too fussed about middle names but thought of giving her the middle name Shenhua (assuming I can get if pass the wife). Great thing to do or taking the Shenmue fanboyism a bit too far?

IMO I wouldn't do it, but as long as it sounds normal it wouldn't be a big deal. Just don't name the kid Lan Di- samaπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ₯‹

Yeah I don't get what this is trying to say, naruto and bleach are just two really popular series during the 00's and early 10's that I feel like when I ever se it brought up its just people generally complaining they go downhill in quality especially near the final arcs. Bleach more than the other, I see a fair amount of people that still liked naruto all the way through, bleach seemed to anger just about everyone by the end save for fans of the winning side of the love triangle that never actually was a love triangle in the first place.

(going bit off topic here) God even talking about naruto and bleach makes me feel old, the landscape of jump has changed so drastically since them and all traces of jump from the 00's they were prominent in have all ended after gintama finally called it quits last year. Outside of one piece (which is in its 2nd to last arc) and the zombie of hunter x hunter that shows its face for a few weeks every year or 2, theres no manga running anymore that didnt start in this decade and closer the middle of it at that. And hell even there alot of them are close to ending too as is with 2 of the biggest names right now, yaiba and neverland, both in their final arcs. Then you go and look at how the naruto guy's new series is pretty much on the verge of cancelation, its pretty alright if you like the style so its a shame to see it get cut short, but recent chapters already feel like they are setting up the rushed end, its called samurai 8 if anyone wants to read a potentially doa series.

wow, im out the loop. I had no idea Gintama was on the way out and One piece was near its final arc. I guess the shonen fighting era really is ending soon. It was one hell of a ride.

All i was refering to with Naruto and Bleach is that Naruto has a heavy focus on story and character development, similar to Shenmue 1 and 2. Bleach hardly has any character development and is light on story, similar to Shenmue 3

I love both series though and all 3 Shenmues.

Last edited:
wow, im out the loop. I had no idea Gintama was on the way out and One piece was near its final arc. I guess the shonen fighting era really is ending soon. It was one hell of a ride.
oh nah gintama isnt on its way out it ended outright last year, it didnt win everyone over cause going from wacky episodic/short arc variety with occassional drama into primarily all action for 4 straight years did turn some people off, but it also ended pretty strongly for most it seems and generally gave fans alot of what they wanted to see plus some surprises. Like honestly it has one of the strongest finales for a shounen jump franchise if you ask me even if its not perfect, the epilogue arc for the series is honestly the best part of the entire show for me even if it doesnt exctly work as an epilogue and more as a final arc alltogether than the actual final arc that came before it.

One piece being in its finale is another thing, and it being in its 2nd to last arc confirmed and in the last act of that arc itself does lose a bit of the weight when you realize this shits probably still got at least 6 years left before it actually ends.

but yeah, jump is sure a different landscape, but its fine they got some good shit in their current lineup, especially yaiba which is probably gonna be regarded as a classic, cause its pretty much all killer no filler and seems to be ending super strong going off of how fans are reacting to basically any chapter in its final arc.

what do you mean?
It's a source of debate. Some think quite a lot of sales. Others think very very little. Still others think somewhere in the middle of those two. There are no definitive numbers to play with yet.

I think lots of people are in hiding until they beat the game. I'm still scared of entering various threads in fear of accidental spoilers, and have been limiting my posting.

Unrelated, but I'm also a fan of Revolution's games, and Beyond a Steel Sky's "Virtual Theatre" engine reminds me of Shenmue in some ways:

Love games like this where you can just walk around and interact with people (obviously) :coffee:

Back