Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Just acquired the capsule toy trophy tonight. Like @Kyo_JP, I found the time aspect more tolerable if I just put something on the d-pad and worked on something else. It is pretty pricey, though; I can't imagine having gone through that without the money cheat.

The one that drove me up the wall was that bloody limousine. That said, I'm grateful they made the key set easy enough. I was worried I may get auto-pushed into plot.

The capsule toy system in this game is borderline obnoxious. The way there's one in every set that only comes out after about 100 tries has truly sucked the fun out of what should be an amusing fun diversion. Capsule toys and those wonky lucky hit boards can get in the sea. Getting the wagon toy and that pink panda for the shitty kids tested my patience to breaking point
They should fix it by adding a system where you can set the amount of capsule toys you want to buy and after that make a time skip and show the capsule toys that you have acquired.(This will fix it for you)

Apparently my kickstarter bust is in customs, but haven't received an email or a notification.
They probably try to charge me 50% of the "price".
How much should I put the value on ?

Not gonna post this outside this thread 'cuz it's not quite true in the sense some would want it to be true, but it's true in the sense you can play PC Shenmue on the Xbox once this launches.
How does this work? It is a content provider or just a streaming service were you have to purchase each game individually? It is connected to your Steam/Epic/Origin account or whatever? Just curious

I know this is in Sega’s hands, but they’re really missing out on not doing PS Plus for Shenmue 1&2. What a great way to grow the audience for this series. Shame. I keep hoping I’ll see it on the line-up...

Also not releasing Shenmue 1&2 for the Switch. The Yakuza games to.

Yakuza bombed hard with 1+2 HD remasters years before Kiwamis. Sure, Wii U wasn't the best install base compared to Switch, but nevertheless RGG is now understandably snake bit with Nintendo.

Although i think Shenmue's differences would be more attarctive to average and hardcore Nintendo gamers than Yakuza.

I feel I’m appreciating Niaowu a lot more on my 2nd playthrough, now that I’m trying for the platinum trophy and not storming through the slightly lackluster story. Checking the stalls for items needed for the skill book exchanges, and seeing if I can spot the Chobu chan at each one, is actually kind of fun. Also praising the heavens that I managed to get the goddamn Wagon Bus for that side quest this time 😂

Saw a whole bunch of angry people over at 500k because they haven't received their physical rewards yet. DID THEY NOT READ THE UPDATE? They can't care THAT much about the Kickstarter if they haven't read the update. God damn it.

Saw a whole bunch of angry people over at 500k because they haven't received their physical rewards yet. DID THEY NOT READ THE UPDATE? They can't care THAT much about the Kickstarter if they haven't read the update. God damn it.
Its beyond stupid. I posted the update numbers there and they still fucking complain.

A schedule has been communicated. Read it!

After about 100 hours I have the platinum trophy. Outside of the capsule grinding I absolutely loved this game. I will put some pics I took and some cool things I noticed on my second playthrough in the S3 screenshots thread in the spoiler forum if you're interested :)

84642565_10157741821590803_2717157514457120768_o.jpg

Yeah I feel like I definitely got my monies worth

84332776_10157741821325803_2018966866315182080_o.jpg

"I kno rite?"

Am I the only one who finished the game and hasn't had much excitement to play it again?
It's a shame, I really thought I'd be doing a second playthrough at least, but haven't been motivated to at all. I do think I'll revisit it later, but probably after I finish a couple of other games on the back-burner first.

I think I needed some time to considering everything in the game first, good and bad. Unfortunately I seem to recall mostly the bad, I need to remember the stuff I enjoyed about it, because there was a fair bit.

Back