Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Playing Minecraft with Shenmue music.
Don't know other OST would fit the game as well but maybe some of you have another idea?

Okay, hold up. When the hell does this scene play? I don't remember it at all.

Every night you can go out to the Balcony to speak to Shenhua and on the second or third night she is singing.

I found a similar hidden scene on my second playthrough, if you go out onto the landing after the kidnapping Ryo grips the wooden banister so tight the woods creaks

It's pretty cool.

Hmm. Maybe I just forgot about this. I don't recall seeing a scene where she was singing, I only remember Ryo trying to console her.

I found a similar hidden scene on my second playthrough, if you go out onto the landing after the kidnapping Ryo grips the wooden banister so tight the woods creaks
I saw this one on my first playthrough actually. I was regularly going out to the balcony at night. It was also the first time I noticed Choubu chan drawn into the tiles on the street outside, though.

Haven’t posted here in a while...

I’m on my second play through of Shenmue 3, and I’m enjoying it so much more than my first time. I’m also getting way more side quests that I completely overlooked the first time through.
The DLC is also amazing, I love the cruise ship and the extra scenes we get with npcs. Finding all of these scenes and quests really makes it more enjoyable, and reminds me of the first two. Although I don’t like S3 as much as the originals, it still feels like it fits into the series, and has it’s own strengths and flaws.

After giving Shenmue 3 another once over I cam honestly say that it's not to far off from the other Shenmue games. Shenmue 3 is a watered down or diet version of the other Shenmue games.

IMO it's not a big deal considering the budget they had to work with. I just wish the story had been fully fleshed out.

I’m back to playing it again on the side. Taking it day by day and not rushing this play through.

All of it warts aside (the usual suspects being story is mostly filler and the decent but not as good as VF fighting system), I still maintain it’s as close to Shenmue as you possibly could have got. Outside of story woes, I honestly don’t know what people really wanted from a Shenmue game in 2020. It’s as damn near close to Shenmue as it could have got in tone, atmosphere, mood and gameplay.

I mean sure, it could have done with more story beats, but everything else to me feels so damn Shenmue about this game and still does.

Niao Sun is like the opposite of Xiuying. One dressed in the blue, the other red. Sun disguises herself to spy on the Ryo, Xiuying doesn't disguise herself but Ryo assumes she can't be the master. Xiuying has a mind like a clear mirror, Sun is an utter psycho.
They both have great legs, though.

Couldn't/shouldn't they release a slightly (visually) updated version for the new consoles, even if it's basically only on the level of the pc version?
At least back in the Dreamcast days, you take what you can get from the launch titles. (Blue Stinger and Trickstyle anyone?)
They even could include the boat chapter to Nioawu as a bonus (if this still fits from a narrative point of view).
So... Why not?

I knew the lady from the boat scene in Niawou
Couldn't/shouldn't they release a slightly (visually) updated version for the new consoles, even if it's basically only on the level of the pc version?
At least back in the Dreamcast days, you take what you can get from the launch titles. (Blue Stinger and Trickstyle anyone?)
They even could include the boat chapter to Nioawu as a bonus (if this still fits from a narrative point of view).
So... Why not?

Nah, any and all money/resources need to be used for sequels and future DLC. The Shenmue franchise can't waste money at this point. We dont even know if Shenmue 3 was a financial success.

I knew the lady from the boat scene in Niawou

Nah, any and all money/resources need to be used for sequels and future DLC. The Shenmue franchise can't waste money at this point. We dont even know if Shenmue 3 was a financial success.
We know it did financially fine from the Embracer conference back in Feb (my months might be off)

Beyond that we've no idea if they've got specific targets, sales numbers or how much hes made.

We know it did financially fine from the Embracer conference back in Feb (my months might be off)

Beyond that we've no idea if they've got specific targets, sales numbers or how much hes made.

Yeah I just wish we knew what "fine" is. Do we get Shenmue 4 with a bigger or smaller budget? Is Shenmue even happening(100% confident it will)?

For sequels I agree they need everything they can get financially. And we have no clue if there will be more DLC for 3, probably one patch if we are lucky. But I would gladly buy stuff as DLC like the magic maze around Bailu, boat chapter, Shenhua costume,...

That said, I first played some ps3 titles /remasters for the first time on PS4, so you can still get new players for older titles.
They miss an opportunity if they don't at least release a 4k, 60fps patch for when it's played on PS5.

Back