Random Shenmue III Thoughts

You are a monster dude! :D I thought I was a big deal when I did it on PS4. 1000 fish is crazy time consuming, but for me 500,000 tokens are even harder.

I had told myself that I would never do these achievements again, but if they announce Shenmue 4, I promise I will unlock them again on steam. Perfect warm up for the new game! :LOL:
Yeah lol. I don't recommend it unless u want to get fishing hypnosis.
The 500k tokens becomes easier when u use the in game economy to ur advantage tho.

However these days I use my modded ps4 for shenmue 3 and just load up save files for those 2 achievements so I don't have to do them normally again after doing it for myself on psn and steam and for some friends on psn.

random thought: it's often quoted that it took 18 years for shenmue 3 to come out but i don't think the shenmue series was "dead" for anywhere near that long.

shenmue 1/2 dreamcast came out in 1999/2001, the xbox version of shenmue 2 came out in 2002, then the development of shenmue online took place between 2004-2006/7 before being cancelled.. then you had the shenmue 3 kickstarter kicking off in 2015. so the series was potentially dormant with no business talks taking place for only 8 years(?).. does that sound correct?

Last edited:
random thought: it's often quoted that it took 18 years for shenmue 3 to come out but i don't think the shenmue series was "dead" for anywhere near that long.

shenmue 1/2 dreamcast came out in 1999/2001, the xbox version of shenmue 2 came out in 2002, then the development of shenmue online took place between 2004-2006/7 before being cancelled.. then you had the shenmue 3 kickstarter kicking off in 2015. so the series was potentially dormant with no business talks taking place for only 8 years(?).. does that sound correct?

Also Shenmue City was released in December 2010 exclusive in Japan, a game for mobile phones, and after almost a year of activity, SEGA decided to put an end to the free-to-play game.

Shenmue City.jpg

I agree, the Shenmue series was not "dead" for 18 years, but Shenmue III took 18 years to be released.

Also Shenmue City was released in December 2010 exclusive in Japan, a game for mobile phones, and after almost a year of activity, SEGA decided to put an end to the free-to-play game.

I agree, the Shenmue series was not "dead" for 18 years, but Shenmue III took 18 years to be released.
i forgot about that one.

so Ys has pretty much been active with the shenmue series behind the scenes all this time.. and the longest without a shenmue game in development, prior to S3, was only 4 years? that doesn't sound that bad.

If Shenmue III was released for Master System.

View attachment 16117

I don't know how the person that did this found this chapter card in high quality.

One time i even searched in japanese and i never found the chapters cards in high quality.

Anyone has ever found the chapters cards in high quality?

I hope i can see all the chapters cards in high quality like this one day, i want to put in my room.
What are chapter cards?

I agree with orient. In my opinion Shenmue III have many design choices similar to Shenmue I and II.

In the first game we are forced to work in the forklift job, like orient said we can see the Mad Angels hideout since the first day in the harbor, i don't see a lot of Shenmue fans complaining about these type of things in the first game, many Shenmue Fans think the first game is a masterpiece.

In Shenmue II we have many paywalls, 500HK dollars that Ryo need to give Ren because of Yuanda Zhu, and the other paywalls is 500HK dollars to enter in the 3 main street fighting, to fight with Rod, Greg and Chunyan. In the case of these fights if we win the fight we get a lot of money, but if we lose the fights we lose a lot of money, it is important to save before this fights, to prepare about these things.

I had to do this to not lose money, as far as i remember in the Dreamcast version is harder to prepare for these fights, i say that because in the Dreamcast version you can't save anywhere like in the PS4 version, i don't see many Shenmue fans complaining about these things.

In Shenmue III we have 2 paywalls, i see some Shenmue fans hating these 2 paywalls, but i don't see people hating the paywalls in Shenmue II.

People can dislike Shenmue III as much as they want, I just don't agree with this type of criticism, because as I said at the beginning of my post, Shenmue III has a lot of design choices similar to Shenmue I and II, i love Shenmue I and II so i didn't mind to see similar design choices in Shenmue III, these design choices don't bother me in a extreme way,

One of the reasons i love Shenmue III is because Shenmue III is similar to the first game in many ways, i love the Shenmue style.
I agree. DC was tougher because of the lack of save options. Now I look at it as Shenmue 2 now has save states.

The music for Huaxiao Temple exterior is one of the few background tracks which were not previously used in S1 or 2 which I have discovered and it's incredible.

This is my favorite track from S3. The "Van Halen" track from Wood Chopping and the Save Shenmue Temple bgm are also great.

Great choice, I am very partial to night version of this song in the save Shenmue building. I believe this is a wholly original track too -

The music for Huaxiao Temple exterior is one of the few background tracks which were not previously used in S1 or 2 which I have discovered and it's incredible.

This is my favorite track from S3. The "Van Halen" track from Wood Chopping and the Save Shenmue Temple bgm are also great.
Yeah. I love the blossom road one 😀

Cant find my Shenmue 3 steam save game folder !? Want to copy my saves to another PC.

From PcGamingWiki:
. <Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\758330\remote\sm1saves\

. <Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\758330\remote\sm2saves\
Editing post sorry that was for HD ports
Arent those Shenmue 1 & 2 saved games !?

Hi random Q. - Can someone verify if this signature is the one from Yu Suzuki:
1693811959557.png
One of my biggest regrets from the Shenmue 3 KS was not getting a signed print - I opted for multiple copies of the game instead :p So I have been looking on eBay and found one. i vaguely remember there was 2 people signing, Yu & the games composer (?). So I just wanted to check this one is from Yu himself :)

Hi random Q. - Can someone verify if this signature is the one from Yu Suzuki:
View attachment 18754
One of my biggest regrets from the Shenmue 3 KS was not getting a signed print - I opted for multiple copies of the game instead :p So I have been looking on eBay and found one. i vaguely remember there was 2 people signing, Yu & the games composer (?). So I just wanted to check this one is from Yu himself :)
Looks legit to me…
6C845F3C-27B9-4A75-98EE-BFD374C3F365.jpeg

Back