Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Brilliant.

涼: 僕らが逃げることができない!
刃武鷹: これを食べろ!
涼: 何これ? 黒りんご?
刃武鷹: ぜんぜん、食べろだけ!

Edit: bunch of typos. Using Japanese google keyboard on android...

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is wondering how the main menu will look like? Will it look the same? Will it have the same music?
Aaah so many questions!

Am I the only one who is wondering how the main menu will look like? Will it look the same? Will it have the same music?
Aaah so many questions!
Nope! With you! And will there be a similar notebook with notebook music? Please, please be so.

You got me. It's like I'm YouTubing for other things Shenmue and just have to. Several times a day. New things, bud, new things every rewatch.

Same here.

I think that if they correct the facial animation clipping issues as well as the choppy animation sequences, if they smooth those out then they'll have a great game on their hands!

Nope! With you! And will there be a similar notebook with notebook music? Please, please be so.

We got a glimpse of the notebook in one of the Kickstarter updates. IIRC it was shown slightly out of focus but looks pretty similar, with the possible addition of colored tabs indicating different sections of the notebook.

So....where does Shenmue III next show up?

By all accounts, it seems like the game will actually make its release date. It's finished and they're in polishing mode according to Yu Suzuki himself....so where do we go from here? Where's the next event it shows up? By my knowledge, E3 is the next big event...but Sony ain't gonna be there. So where does it show up?

Maybe the PC gaming show?

Or will Sony come out and announce a Nintendo Direct style stream for E3. I still think this is VERY likely for them to do...they've got to be doing something around E3 even if it isn't the big stage show. They've still got games to showcase and dates to announce and they're not just gonna let Microsoft and Nintendo steal the spotlight entirely so I think they've got to be doing something around E3 even if it isn't at E3.

If Sony were to come out with a Direct, I guess they could slot it in there and give it one last trailer before launch.

Or do YSNET and Deep Silver set up their own live stream to showcase the game?

Where do you think it will next show up? If I were a betting man, I would say it would have to be around E3 as that really is the next big event (and the last big event before release...Gamescom is maybe cutting it too close)

I doubt it will be at SEGA FES in Japan (do we even know if it has a distributor in Japan?) so it has to be E3 time that it next shows up.

Last edited:
Sony already said they arent going to E3 this year, they also said they were not doing any offsite event, meaning they are not doing a direct style thing.

Sony already said they arent going to E3 this year, they also said they were not doing any offsite event, meaning they are not doing a direct style thing.

They say that...but are they really gonna let the competition have the limelight during a week that does garner at least some mainstream press? I just don't buy that they won't do something. Even if it isn't a direct/stream and just releasing trailers online or announcing dates for certain games....I just don't really buy that they'd give that week up for their competition to take the lime light, I don't see the business sense in that (although they're clear in the lead this gen so maybe they don't have to do anything)...but that's just me.

Even if they don't do it...still, where does Shenmue III show up? (if anywhere during E3)

E3's gonna be weird this year....to say the least.

They say that...but are they really gonna let the competition have the limelight during a week that does garner at least some mainstream press? I just don't buy that they won't do something. Even if it isn't a direct/stream and just releasing trailers online or announcing dates for certain games....I just don't really buy that they'd give that week up for their competition to take the lime light, I don't see the business sense in that (although they're clear in the lead this gen so maybe they don't have to do anything)...but that's just me.

Even if they don't do it...still, where does Shenmue III show up? (if anywhere during E3)

E3's gonna be weird this year....to say the least.

GDC? :unsure:

Back