Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Welp, no Shenmue 1+2 on PS Plus. What a missed opportunity, but I'm sure these decisions aren't easy.

NiOH is good, but WAY too hard for me. I had to quit it. I got to the second or third level (some cave) and couldn't get past this one part no matter how hard I tried. I can't deal with that kind of frustration as an old man. :(

Last edited:
France for all its faults has always had a good taste in video games (and anime). When I moved here I discovered a whole world that didn't even exist back in the UK.

Thanks bro! ?
I don't know if what you said is true but I remember Shenmue 2 was in the top 5 greatest games of all time according Senscritique user rating some years ago, the French equivalent of IMDB.
2016-09-30_165934.jpg

It has fallen to 15th place since then but this is still a warming performance. The third all-time gaming list suggested by Google France mentions Shenmue 2 at 20th place.

However, I don't expect great local reviews for Shenmue 3. Romain Mahut apart, most of our mainstream journalists sadly don't have a strong Sega culture.

Last edited:
So the Shenmue youtube advertising is real after all. I didn't watch it so I just saw the thumbnail. Is it me or something is still wrong with Ryo's eyes?

I saw two things about the trailer that are too spoilery for a trailer at this point. One was expected but the other I wish I hadn’t read about. So I’m not going to watch it.

I’ve waited 17 years, I can wait 17 more days.
Lol don't worry, one of those things didn't actually happen in the trailer.

Okay, I broke down and watched it lol. Yeah, nothing too spoilery but I still kind of wish that I hadn't heard about it or seen it. From here on out, I want to experience everything else myself while I'm playing the actual game.

Seems like they deleted the physical PC version now in every german and austrian shop.
A couple of days ago you could still find websites with the physical PC Day One Edition,
its all gone now. Unavailable (cant buy) or site completely deleted.
If you Google Shenmue 3 PC with a german IP there are no results besides digital key stores.

I am tempted to watch it. But I think I’ll stay the course. Did see part of it in gif form on a YouTube community post or something like that. But it was just another part of a scene I’d seen already a long time ago.

What do you think makes Shenmue 3 unique in today’s video game market?

YS:
For a start, there are no other games like Shenmue on the market. It’s really unique. Nowadays, most of the video games have become extremely fast-paced. Events occur with rapid timing, and they are full of action: shooting people and killing… it’s like an emotional roller coaster in many ways. So, in comparison to other games Shenmue may feel quite slow: you could say it’s a “slow-paced life” where you can relax and take things easy. It’s like having a bath and spending an hour, just taking your time. Playing Shenmue that way will bring out its true qualities.

Perfection.

More here:

The Marketing of S3 seems to get really intense now. Saw a Shenmue 3 in the latest issue of the German M Games Magazine. And I also start to get some random ads for S3 on YouTube before watching non S3 related main Videos.

Back