Random Shenmue III Thoughts

GOOD NEWS!!! I called my local Gamestop and told them about gamers not receiving the Dragon/Phoenix medallions with their online orders. I told them if I don't get the medallion I'm returning the game.

All I had to do was prove that I purchased it and they gave to me. WIN!!!😎

GOOD NEWS!!! I called my local Gamestop and told them about gamers not receiving the Dragon/Phoenix medallions with their onlineb orders. I told them if I don't get the medallion I'm returning the game.

All I had to do was prove that I purchased it and they gave to me. WIN!!!😎

Good on them. We don't want the mirrors to end up in the wrong hands, do we?

As I said over in the spoiler forum. When you think about it. This whole series has been Ryo re-tracing his fathers steps and piecing the puzzle together in hunt for Lan Di. The fact that this game focuses so much on training (at least so far in Bailu) is actually novel when you realise it’s the same place his Dad trained as a young man. You are literally on the same soil training in the same place as your father did. To the point where everyone confuses you for Iwao. Just one step further retracing his steps in this long epic quest.

It’s kind of a neat idea that I don’t think I’ve ever seen conveyed in a game before. Hence my love for Shenmue. There’s always been a method to the madness and I love that method. People can laugh at its debatable cruddy English voice acting, its weird oddities and what not, but I totally love what it’s striving to do. It’s really striving to build a world and a lore.
Yup. In that sense its excellent, I've not really done much plot wise, but its been nice so far, I've mainly focused on training and getting a bit of money (though I hear fishing is where its at for money). Training is great, even if fighting still feels weird to me (oh dodge where art thou?)

On tiny detail I love, and its something talked about previously on the forum is the question of Shenhua's electricity source for her house - in this game if you go round back of the house you find a generator. So case closed there.

Would like to know this as well. There are so many things that straight up aren't explained in this game. The combat is a big one.

Btw im loving the game regardless
The tickets are used in the Save Shenmue building. I haven't found the building yet.

I have now upgraded my endurance level up to level 15 and at that level the health decrease is much slower to the point it doesn’t bother me any more. The only problem for me now is being sent back to Shenhua’s house at 9 every evening. I was enjoying the evening exploring when suddenly I was forced back to Shenhua’s house for no real reason. I had no more to say to her: she just told me to go to bed. It’s maddening. I’m forced to spend the last 2 hours before bed every evening just checking what’s in Shenhua’s cupboards. I miss going home late at night like in the first game; they could have Shenhua lecture me to come home early like Ine-san. Let me have the choice; don’t force me home at 9 like I’m a small child.

Does anyone know the songname of the Sunflower hide and seek scene?

It's this one, one of my favorites. I almost got misty-eyed hearing it in game; it made the fact that this game is real all the more palpable.

EDIT: I don't know how adamant you were about the title (in case you already knew about the tune, etc.) I hope there's some real name out there, as it's a charming song

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this, I never knew that there was so much unused music available. Now I have something to listen to at work tomorrow. :)

Bitte sehr. Though I don't have them at hand, there are playlists on youtube for the unused Shenmue II and Shenmue Online music; you've at least fifty tracks there.

Just ordered some takeout pizzas to celebrate my first weekend with Shenmue 3. We finna get comfy (and fat) bois. :cool:

Ahhh thank you, I get it now. It really is easy. I'm even managing it whilst playing on the Vita with the little thumbsticks.
Man if I still had my PS4 that is absolutely how I'd be playing it right now. Played through all but the entirety of Persona 5 and even MGSV on Vita through remote play. Vita is console of the generation don't @me.

Back