Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Yeah. Im not expecting any news till 2022. Anything before then would be an added bonus

I don't think we will hear anything about a potential Shenmue 4 until at least 2021 because S3 still needs to release on STEAM later this year.

I believe E3 time 2021. Cedric Biscay already said that if you are making a sequel you have to start immediately to keep the team together. I believe the only thing slowing up the Shenmue 4 announcement is Shenmue 3 steam release.

Yeah. Im not expecting any news till 2022. Anything before then would be an added bonus

Personally I'm fine with all he stated he wants to implement. The real problem will be if he can't concentrate on the core that made the games matter to us all. He needs to get an engine for cutscenes. He needs to make them matter. It may be his and our last chance. I only see Shenmue five if he really does well with 4.

Personally I'm fine with all he stated he wants to implement. The real problem will be if he can't concentrate on the core that made the games matter to us all. He needs to get an engine for cutscenes. He needs to make them matter. It may be his and our last chance. I only see Shenmue five if he really does well with 4.

There is nothing Yu could do to deter the hardcore fanbase. Going forward we just need enough mainstream appeal to get us over the hump.

Yeah, we have a strong foundation now. Adding all those other elements will hopefully be the focus in Shenmue 4. I think we'll be fine.

Personally im hoping shenmue 5 is on unreal 5 if asset transfers are as easy as suggested.

Yeah, we have a strong foundation now. Adding all those other elements will hopefully be the focus in Shenmue 4. I think we'll be fine.

Personally im hoping shenmue 5 is on unreal 5 if asset transfers are as easy as suggested.
It won't be. Probably it's development has already been started and according to people Unreal 5 will be released in 2021.

I'm thinking 2021 will be where we hear about it, but maybe not see it until 2022. This pandemic has thrown everything gaming in arrears.

We're looking at mid-August before we know anything truly substantial about the next systems, such as price, launch date, launch titles, special features..

Usually by this time we've known for a while.

I'm thinking 2021 will be where we hear about it, but maybe not see it until 2022. This pandemic has thrown everything gaming in arrears.

We're looking at mid-August before we know anything truly substantial about the next systems, such as price, launch date, launch titles, special features..

Usually by this time we've known for a while.

I think 2023 will probably be a more likely release date.

Would the Dojo’s staff members consider creating an official ‘Shenmue IV latest news’ thread? The ‘Shenmue IV random thoughts’ thread isn’t specifically latest news and I don’t want to have trouble finding threads on updates.

Would the Dojo’s staff members consider creating an official ‘Shenmue IV latest news’ thread? The ‘Shenmue IV random thoughts’ thread isn’t specifically latest news and I don’t want to have trouble finding threads on updates.
Why it needs a news thread when we don't even know if we ever get Shenmue 4 or not?

There is a chance that Suzuki is working on a completely new ip instead of Shenmue 4.

I don't see why not. I'll set something up and pin it. It might be a while before we get any news but I like the idea. Keeps things all in one place.

What is the point of faking Yu Suzuki's tweet? Some people lol

Yu's original tweet says nothing of Jim Carrey, he just tells us he thought it was interesting.

I'm not expecting anything till the steam release. My dream scenario is he does another launch video like he did last November, and then busts out some concept art with a knowing wink to the audience that 4 is coming. Can only dream!

Back