Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Heck, if RGG games can have multiple SEGA arcade hits, why not include Power Drift/one of the Virtua Fighters? Maybe 3 or 4, since 2 and 5 are in Yakuza games?

Or Championship Boxing.

I honestly feel the photorealistic uproach would work. (if properly done ofc)
Longtime fans would have to be openminded tho, cause of course characters would look different.

But if they were really well done, combining photorealistic models with some cool added aspects would be great.
I doubt thats ever gonna happen tho but it would be cool imo.

If Shenmue 4 gets made, it will be with the same kind of style and scope of Shenmue 3 I believe.
Unless of course, some deep pockets come into play. Witch I would love to see happen, but don't think it will.

That said, the Shenmue 3 connection of mini-games with items, buying/selling is a great great gameplay feature.
Makes players engage in all the different activities.

Been watching avoidingthepudle play sometimes and it really fun to watch.

I personally think we will get Shenmue 4 one way or another.

But there is this chance that Ys Net will be forced to turn Shenmue 4 into a Telltale kind of game.(Episodic, with just cutscenes and dialogues and QTEs for combat.) Which I don't like it to turn that way.

I personally think we will get Shenmue 4 one way or another.

But there is this chance that Ys Net will be forced to turn Shenmue 4 into a Telltale kind of game.(Episodic, with just cutscenes and dialogues and QTEs for combat.) Which I don't like it to turn that way.

I'd kinda like that if they do like Telltale where your actions have consequences and changes the story. It'd be neat. Not as neat as a fully fledged Shenmue game but neat nonetheless.

I'd kinda like that if they do like Telltale where your actions have consequences and changes the story. It'd be neat. Not as neat as a fully fledged Shenmue game but neat nonetheless.
I personally don't think they will ever add the choice system since Shenmue 1-3 were far bigger games than those telltale games but they never added any choice system to the storyline.(Other than bad endings which were just game over cutscenes.)

If the concept of the perspective system is any indication,
I think the games would go more into having the player experiment/choose among
ways/means to achieve an outcome.

I mean, choice having consequences, in the end, is a good lesson to learn,
but the fact that they have consequences, along the way, is also if not more important.

"I am so happy about #Shenmue3 let's move on the next steps ;)"

Could Cedric be teasing something? Or maybe its just the manga part of his tweet that he's referring to.
It's the wink that gets me. You know he likes teasing stuff on social media so it could be.

Let's get the DLC done and dusted and see how we go.

I would not see too much into it. Shibuya Productions promotes and produces different projects, especially mangas :) I think he's honestly working on this manga about chess. They're a tiny company in tax haven, I think they're real fans and did help Suzuki to make Shenmue III for their passion but also to gain spotlight, it's normal. I don't think they'll focus on the future of the saga...

I personally don't think they will ever add the choice system since Shenmue 1-3 were far bigger games than those telltale games but they never added any choice system to the storyline.(Other than bad endings which were just game over cutscenes.)

I would love if Yu Suzuki were to be open minded and play those Telltale Games for inspiration. Really he should play Life Is Strange as I think that's the closest game I can think of to Shenmue in regards of storytelling, atmosphere and life lessons. I don't think he should reinvent the wheel, but those games do have great ideas that I think could fit well into Shenmue.

I would not see too much into it. Shibuya Productions promotes and produces different projects, especially mangas :) I think he's honestly working on this manga about chess. They're a tiny company in tax haven, I think they're real fans and did help Suzuki to make Shenmue III for their passion but also to gain spotlight, it's normal. I don't think they'll focus on the future of the saga...

I respectfully disagree. The sentence structure of "lets work on the next steps" belongs to Shenmue in the way he typed it. The wink is also pretty cheeky. He knows how much power he holds in the eyes of Shenmue fans and always chooses his words very carefully.

Further to that tweet, its interesting that a lot of the replies he's received are "Shenmue 4 in 2020?" type comments with Cedric giving a Like to each one.

Surely, he wouldn't Like such tweets if he wasn't trying to tease us.

I dunno about Cedric. I don’t think much he tweeted over the past five years led to much. Even at his own event.

Back