Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

...and Keanu Reeves? Great guy and seems to be dipping toes into producing video games. JK... or am I...?

...and Keanu Reeves? Great guy and seems to be dipping toes into producing video games. JK... or am I...?
no, in a recent interview on youtube he implied he's not that keen on making or Starring in games. he certainly doesn't play them. he also laughed at the concept of matrix NFT's.

Yeah, the Matrix demo is pretty incredible if you’re interested in the next era of gaming. The lighting is nuts. The AI stuff is pretty hard to detect since you’re just walking around the city and not actually affecting anything or interacting with anyone. I hope the tech ends up in Ys Net’s hands.

Yeah, the Matrix demo is pretty incredible if you’re interested in the next era of gaming. The lighting is nuts. The AI stuff is pretty hard to detect since you’re just walking around the city and not actually affecting anything or interacting with anyone. I hope the tech ends up in Ys Net’s hands.
I hope Ryan Patton or one of Suzuki’s Western developers put this in Suzuki’s hands. Honestly understanding it’s just a technical demo but what they are able to achieve with a smaller team, is truly remarkable.

I have also tried out the matrix demo on my ps5 last week when it came out and it felt impressive indeed. It was the first real glimpse would current gen consoles could do I am not that found using hyper realistic characters in the Shenmue world, I like the old look better but in general the new tech is great and I really hope that if Shenmue 4 is going to be thing that the tech is going to be implemented.

I see them reusing 3's engine + assets at least once more. Maybe an upscale of that, but probably not much more. IDK I'm not a dev, so am I correct in saying it's not as simple as just importing everything from Unreal 4 right?

I think Yu basically implied in an interview that a lot of the foundation for 4 was already here and the hard part was creating it all in the first place.

I think we'll be cooking by Shenmue 5. Hopefully Sega's fully on board by then so we don't have to deal with this mess.

I see them reusing 3's engine + assets at least once more. Maybe an upscale of that, but probably not much more. IDK I'm not a dev, so am I correct in saying it's not as simple as just importing everything from Unreal 4 right?

I think Yu basically implied in an interview that a lot of the foundation for 4 was already here and the hard part was creating it all in the first place.

I think we'll be cooking by Shenmue 5. Hopefully Sega's fully on board by then so we don't have to deal with this mess.
Not exactly as simple, but UE5 has been built with porting forward from UE4 in mind, and if you've used UE4 the interface and basically all the core functions will be very familiar so there's not an immense learning curve anyway.

How far they go with the engine and how far they go beyond III's mechanics depends on team size and budget, but making a sequel gives plenty of room to make fixes and changes you simply couldn't fit under the deadline for the previous project.

They need to use this for the new shenmue.

First time that I am worried that IV is not going to happen... Oh man, I so wish that the saga will be completed in Yus lifetime. Just imagining playing the end of the saga after so many years.

Maybe its the beer talking :LOL::geek:

Honestly, I'm gonna be pretty unhappy playing the final game when we get it because while I am happy we got a conclusion. I still feel like we the fans aren't getting the full scope of it. And, like that is shitty.

Well I’m also pissed off we missed out on twenty additional years of Yu Suzuki and AM2 genius as well just because Sega’s run by a bunch of gutless chumps, but ya deal with the hand you’re dealt… Can you imagine what we could’ve seen coming from that studio had Shenmue not been the end for Suzuki’s time at Sega? The mind reels..

if you became a shenmue fan, only at the launch of the 1/2HD release, you've been waiting 4 years for shenmue 4.

if you were a shenmue fan since the dc days, you've only been waiting 22 years.

edit.. maybe that doesn't make sense.. anyway i'm jealous of new fans lol they haven't had to suffer.

Last edited:
Back