[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

Thank you this will make the game really interesting and this might be a dumb question but what's the character ID for Mingyang Lei?
If I'm not mistaken from my own research on this, his ID should be CMA :)

I'll try and add the corresponding character name to each ID in @LemonHaze 's list, if people would find this useful?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the draw distance of the object and the Shadow for Shenmue 3 (on pc)?

Maybe someone has already done it?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the draw distance of the object and the Shadow for Shenmue 3 (on pc)?

Maybe someone has already done it?
Sure you can edit the INIs if you really want, but it won't give you proper control over what you want. I can add something to MiscMods to do what you want though. I'll see when I have spare time.

Sure you can edit the INIs if you really want, but it won't give you proper control over what you want. I can add something to MiscMods to do what you want though. I'll see when I have spare time.
thanks for this mod, i use it to have NPCs visible from far away.
i tried the LoadAllLevel function but it strains too much on the performance, costs me like 60fps or so and then im crawling around on 30fps. which is a shame actually because i hate the stutters when walking around and was the first thing i looked a solution for...

i also wonder if its possible for you to include the Shadows and Objects Draw Distance in this mod.

btw,
ive already found this info regarding Vanilla NPC game values:
"32 for both visible and loaded NPCs.

2500 is the default max distance."

but whats the default value for "NPC streaming volume scale"?

Thanks!

Last edited:
i tested Load All Levels, works fine but have a problem because sunflowers are so narrow that you can't get through, when i use that option.

27:17

i tested Load All Levels, works fine but have a problem because sunflowers are so narrow that you can't get through, when i use that option.

It's amazing what a difference this mod makes to the way the game looks and feels.

It's amazing what a difference this mod makes to the way the game looks and feels.
Even though playing this on PS5 at rock solid 60 FPS elevates whole experience and presentation I tend to concur from footage I’ve seen. I know it’s a pipe dream at this stage put I would have loved a FOV slider and ability to hide UI elements.

Still as someone that doesn’t have a gaming PC I hope to revisit this at some point to experience it with all the amazing community mods.

Last edited:

I have the same issue. Once load all levels is activated it cause more sunflowers to appear which blocks off the path to Mr Suns' temple. Is there a way to disable load all level on the fly or maybe is there a crouch button that I dont know about?

If I click to enable fishing at any time it doesn't seem it work. Is there a special way to enable it?

Hi guys,
Maybe by teawking the .ini (but I do not find it...)

Hi guys,
Maybe by teawking the .ini (but I do not find it...)
Yes, tortu. Here is the config file path:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Shenmue3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

GameUserSettings.ini sits there, edit the values under [ScalabilityGroups] tab.

sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.ShadowQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.PostProcessQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.TextureQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.EffectsQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.FoliageQuality=0/1/2/3

Each setting can be individually chosen as 0, 1, 2, or 3. 0 is the lowest quality while 3 is the highest.

Source: pcgamingwiki

Yes, tortu. Here is the config file path:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Shenmue3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

GameUserSettings.ini sits there, edit the values under [ScalabilityGroups] tab.

sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.ShadowQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.PostProcessQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.TextureQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.EffectsQuality=0/1/2/3
sg.FoliageQuality=0/1/2/3

Each setting can be individually chosen as 0, 1, 2, or 3. 0 is the lowest quality while 3 is the highest.

Source: pcgamingwiki
Thanks Seaman
But all the setting are already set to 3 in my .ini
There is a way to put the draw distance higher than the setting ultra ???

Thanks Seaman
But all the setting are already set to 3 in my .ini
There is a way to put the draw distance higher than the setting ultra ???
No that i'm aware of. It could have a hardlock not avaliable withouth advanced hacking.
YS culture is that of a company R&D division, hide (protect) everything away. Even VF1&2 hasn't been fully reversed yet.

Hi guys!
I found this about the draw distance

We are supposed to add those line in the GameUserSetting? (I am not at my home for the moment and can not try it)

Hi guys!
I found this about the draw distance

We are supposed to add those line in the GameUserSetting? (I am not at my home for the moment and can not try it)
There's a "how to" inside. I can't download it now neither, but I venture it will consist in copying those files into Shenmue root directory and run .bat with admin privileges.
And then tweak some values and check out

Have to say for me you are genius. SH just release games in bad or not good condition and you solve the issue so far
I want to play shenmue and i occure also to these bad stuttering problems which i see are insight of the UE4.
put the mod and forklift mod seems now absolutely perfect! The load all level patch seems to be enabled by default or at least what i see on console is that written above. And i don't see any stutter no more. I play in 720p with a very nice pc and games is soooo smooth!
I love the new camera similar to shenmue 1 and 2 either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uhm nope i still have some stutter...really really less than before eh (like 85 percents at least less).how can be confirmed the mod is working wit hload all level?i just see the load all level in the gui but i can't be sure it is on. The performance are incredible with load levels on too. Thus what is "force can skip dialog"?

Last edited:
Back