Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

Yeah, ordinarily I wouldn't order with GAME, but I can't let that steelbook pass me by, even if it is ludicrously overpriced. If their CE does include the steelbook, I'll probably give a Dojo member a chance to buy it from me, if that's allowed here. Less chance of it going to a scummy scalper.

Yeah, ordinarily I wouldn't order with GAME, but I can't let that steelbook pass me by, even if it is ludicrously overpriced. If their CE does include the steelbook, I'll probably give a Dojo member a chance to buy it from me, if that's allowed here. Less chance of it going to a scummy scalper.

Well that explains why the EU is getting so scammed on the Steelbook. I heard from someone over there, that it translates to what would cost the US, 100 god damn USD.

That's 40 bucks just for the steelbook its self, which you can actually go to the company that makes the steelbooks, and have them custom make a single steelbook at that(It's way cheaper in bulk) for less then 40, by a decent margin.

Now I get it Bestbuy has chosen to make Shenmue 3 a loss-leader, where game naturally wants profit, but even then shouldn't be charging more then a extra 20 USD=80 USD for the full package tops.

Last edited:
Well that explains why the EU is getting so scammed on the Steelbook. I heard from someone over there, that it translates to what would cost the US, 100 god damn USD.

That's 40 bucks just for the steelbook its self, which you can actually go to the company, and have them custom make a single steelbook at that(It's way cheaper in bulk) for less the 40, by a decent margin.

Now I get it Bestbuy has chosen to make Shenmue 3 a loss-leader, where game natually wants profit, but even they shouldn't be charging more then a extra 20 USD=80 USD for the full package tops.
The Steelbook in the UK comes with the normal edition which is £50, that's $64.26. Dunno where you got the $100 from?

The Steelbook in the UK comes with the normal edition which is £50, that's $64.26. Dunno where you got the $100 from?

Someone said it cost even more then that, and they were converting pounds, which is worth way more then the USD. They're clearly from England, so it may very well differ in other EU countries.

No idea what the steelbook version costs here in Sweden as I haven't seen it, but I do know the whole collectors edition is below 100€, it's more like 80-90€ here (799kr-899kr). So 100 euro for the steelbook edition sounds crazy high

Whoops sorry, didn't notice this before sigh, but he was using ebay for some reason. Why use ebay to buy a plentiful item not even out yet, makes no sense, my bad.

No idea what the steelbook version costs here in Sweden as I haven't seen it, but I do know the whole collectors edition is below 100€, it's more like 80-90€ here (799kr-899kr). So 100 euro for the steelbook edition sounds crazy high

Yea the EU has the CE 10 USD less then ours. It's my understanding the SRP is 100 USD worth across the board, so this is probally just the choice of EU retailers. Maybe they did that, because the LRG version looks like a damn steal as is(It's so dirt cheap, can't believe the CE in any region would only cost 100 USD for what you get, but for the LRG one to be just 100, It's insane)

Yea the EU has the CE 10 USD less then ours. It's my understanding the SRP is 100 USD worth across the board, so this is probally just the choice of EU retailers. Maybe they did that, because the LRG version looks like a damn steal as is(It's so dirt cheap, can't believe the CE in any region would only cost 100 USD for what you get, but for the LRG one to be just 100, It's insane)

Indeed. I don't say this often about CE's of any kind, but the Shenmue III CE is cheap! I mean, just look at that delicious lamp. I wish I had the the Dreamcast case from LRG in my CE, but oh well. I got the next best thing though; I won Shenmue III slips in a contest on Twitter so I can easily make my own Dreamcast case, at least the front. See image;

Attachments

• EIeYmVWWwAExztj.jpg
    EIeYmVWWwAExztj.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 15
Indeed. I don't say this often about CE's of any kind, but the Shenmue III CE is cheap! I mean, just look at that delicious lamp. I wish I had the the Dreamcast case from LRG in my CE, but oh well. I got the next best thing though; I won Shenmue III slips in a contest on Twitter so I can easily make my own Dreamcast case, at least the front. See image;

Yea, in comparison a LE/CE(usually a not number one at that) of the quality of the standard CE, would cost 140 USD,at very least, and frankly the mirror probally raises it up a tier. Also yea, whenever you see a big unique specialty item like that lamp, that is what really drives the price up.

Also yea, whenever you see a big unique specialty item like that lamp, that is what really drives the price up.
Do we have info on what size that lamp is?

Yea, in comparison a LE/CE(usually a not number one at that) of the quality of the standard CE, would cost 140 USD,at very least, and frankly the mirror probally raises it up a tier. Also yea, whenever you see a big unique specialty item like that lamp, that is what really drives the price up.

My plan is to have a lil' Shenmue shrine lit up by that sexy lamp. It's gonna be sweet.

Lol I was thinking the same :)

Then we must pray to it, just like Ryo does to the family shrine in Shenmue I. We must seek the answer to the meaning of life; "When is Shenmue IV coming out?".

My LRG package is coming from the US and now I am terrified because of the US Postal systemView attachment 5360
Same!! I googled the people who are shipping mine (Asendia) and they have 1.5 out of 5 starts on Trustpilot (a UK site we use to review places) with a load of 1 star reviews saying that their parcels went missing. I guess the only people would really leave a review, are those who had stuff go missing, but at the same time it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence :S

Last edited:
Then we must pray to it, just like Ryo does to the family shrine in Shenmue I. We must seek the answer to the meaning of life; "When is Shenmue IV coming out?".

Lol yea, just one little error, everyone knows the meaning of life is hidden in Shenmue 2.

Last edited:
Back