Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

I certainly know the feeling. When I got out of college and got a decent job I swore to myself I would complete a library of SNES and Dreamcast titles. That was 10 years ago and I'm still swearing... at scalpers.

Anyway, in Shenmue 3's case it might be a good thing in the long run as scalpers will help avalanche at the idea that a Shenmue physical copy is a really valuable thing to have and prompt gamers in general to buy out retailer copies before scalpers finish them off.

Fortunately I did most of my retro collecting a decade or two ago. Saturn is the one that has got pretty ridiculous, although to be fair most retro systems are pricey to collect for nowadays. I also got out of uni a decade ago and swore the same thing, although I was mostly just rebuying games I sold back in the day. Prices then weren't actually too bad compared with now. I got a SNES and a load of games when I came out of uni and prices weren't bad. I got a boxed and complete copy of Secret of Mana for about £30.

I've got my copy :) $124 = ouch, but I donated blood today, paid off my credit card, sold my Sonic statues and made enough to go visit my girlfriend in Japan, so I feel like it's OK for me to have this!

Also, I have just cancelled my UK Amazon boxset, so that someone else can have a chance to get it!

I was glancing at that Limited Run Shenmue sold out front page and I thought to myself I was done buying from them for the foreseeable future, but then that coming soon Snatcher soundtrack kept staring back at me... Well, I'm fucked.

giphy.gif

Happy for those of you that managed to snag a copy (or two...bloody collectors).
Shit was OOS by the time I finally got to it; oh well.

Anyway, it's all good: that DC case is pretty awesome, but I'd honestly much rather have $120 in my pocket than a 4th copy of Shenmue 3 :D

Just a quick poke in to congrats the hardcore fans who swam against the tide to secure their prized copy.

Selling out under an hour, reminds me of KS 2015 when the fans made Guinness world records in crowdfunding of S3 in an hour as well.

Someone retweet Sega to let em know how hype this event was to help boost their morale in wanting to support moar Shenmue.Maybe a merch promo run domestically in JP?

anyways I'm out, gotta get back to my work.

Just a quick poke in to congrats the hardcore fans who swam against the tide to secure their prized copy.

Selling out under an hour, reminds me of KS 2015 when the fans made Guinness world records in crowdfunding of S3 in an hour as well.

Someone retweet Sega to let em know how hype this event was to help boost their morale in wanting to support moar Shenmue.Maybe a merch promo run domestically in JP?

anyways I'm out, gotta get back to my work.
Providing one more quality Shenmue 1/2 patch would be a nice show of good will.

Back