Shenmue 3 for PC is Epic Store exclusive after seeing the latest trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about people who Pre-ordered on Steam - I'm guessing you could?

The KickStarter version was advertised as a PC version (By Disc) right? i didn't order a digital version on KS, if Steam was promised this is a slap in the face for many fans...

insanity... they were warned on Twitter not to go Epic Store Exclusive, the PR from this is going to be an utter clusterf*ck.

other high profile crowd funding projects have been utterly decimated due to retrospectively going Epic Store Exclusive; this brings the Kick-starter into disrepute and shows how truly disconnected YS Net and Yu Suzuki is from the fans, the public and industry at large. other companies are now activity avoiding Epic Exclusivity due to the bad PR and YS Net seemingly goes in blindly like none of that is happening right now....

Ridiculous... utterly and totally....

Because they've been advertising for four years it'd be on steam! It's even on the Kickstarter that it'd include a Steam key. This is massive news that betrays consumer trust. You're a diehard and an exception but the game perception from general audiences is now tainted.

Have you been following the Steam and Epic Store situation at all? This is AWFUL news for the game.
The general audience won't have backed the Kickstarter, so they won't care. Personally I don't care where I buy my games from. I am sure they would either give the option for people to download from Steam or Epic. They can't just write off those backers. People need to calm down and wait for more news.

Seriously, why are people worrying about it being on Epic store. We've waited nearly 20 years for this we need to back it.
Well for 1) I personally don't want to have to download yet another store client I won't use just to act as DRM for one game (doubly so for one rumored to spy on you). and 2) I'm worried about the sales now. EGS has a bad reputation and isn't widely adopted (mostly due to my 1st point), this means lower sales for Shenmue III.

Personally I don't care... but it sucks for the game, because the people who do care can't be reasoned with. Hopefully the publisher has been well-compensated for this arrangement.

Nobody says that backer won't get a steam key. I find the whole Epic store hilarious. I am old enough to remember when steam got the hate, and now everbody loves steam and trashes the Epic store. Some Things never Change.

Anyway as I said, it not certain yet that the backers won't get the steam key. So there is still hope.

The general audience won't have backed the Kickstarter, so they won't care. Personally I don't care where I buy my games from. I am sure they would either give the option for people to download from Steam or Epic. They can't just write off those backers. People need to calm down and wait for more news.
The thing is, a lot of people are upset. A lot. Nearly every post I can find on the net is negative regarding this news. Nearly every comment on the Kickstarter is negative. While I don't personally care since I'm playing the PS4 version, I do not think it is fair or smart to dismiss criticism that seems to be grounded in some kind of reality. We had a lot of people on here desperately deflecting any news the game might be an Epic exclusive, just because they knew how bad the reaction would be. Well, here we are and it's true after all.

I don't really play PC games, but am I right in thinking that all you need to do is download the Epic store app and that's it? It's not like it's spending £100's on a new console or anything.

The kickstarter update has exploded with over 130 comments more or less saying "I WANT A REFUND". This looks like a real own goal, but personally I don't understand why people are getting upset.

That said, seeing as Shenmue III has been advertised on Steam for quite some time, to take it away is pretty bad. I would like to think that Kickstarter backers would get steam keys at least?

Why are you talking about yourself? You are an exception.

Epic store is massive bad news. What does you not caring where you buy games from having any relevance to this topic?

This is terrible news for this game and your own personal preferences are irrelevant to this topic.

I don't really play PC games, but am I right in thinking that all you need to do is download the Epic store app and that's it? It's not like it's spending £100's on a new console or anything.

The kickstarter update has exploded with over 130 comments more or less saying "I WANT A REFUND". This looks like a real own goal, but personally I don't understand why people are getting upset.

That said, seeing as Shenmue III has been advertised on Steam for quite some time, to take it away is pretty bad. I would like to think that Kickstarter backers would get steam keys at least?
Since you're on console I imagine this is hard to wrap your head around, but not all game store apps are built the same. EGS has a bad reputation from past releases. I know this sounds like a simple thing to console gamers who don't have to worry what they put on their system, but for PC users who also keep all their private data on their PC they don't want to install random programs they don't trust. PC users have grown to trust Steam and GOG where as I've never heard anything positive about EGS.

Again, get why this doesn't seem like an issue to console users, but trust me: it is and a big one.

This is the last I will say on it. I don't have Epic but would for Shemmue 3. Other clients spy, facebook spies, twitter spies they all do.

The sooner we get over it the sooner we can back the game. We need to think of the bigger picture. Is it a bad decision to go on Epic time will only tell.

People need to calm down and wait for backer info regarding steam. They will likely transfer keys or offer it via steam for those backers.

Why are you talking about yourself? You are an exception.

Epic store is massive bad news. What does you not caring where you buy games from having any relevance to this topic?

This is terrible news for this game and your own personal preferences are irrelevant to this topic.

Because there will also people who don't mind who sells what. I'm trying to understand the issue with Epic and maybe it's because I've had a long day but it is what it is. Saying my preference is irrelevant is the same as me saying yours is and that isn't an arguement.

Anyway I will leave that there now.

Seriously, why are people worrying about it being on Epic store. We've waited nearly 20 years for this we need to back it.

It's not about the fans who have waited 20 years for this, they will buy the game whatever store it's on. But by not putting the game on Steam they're missing out on a massive potential new audience, this decision is fucking mystifying in all honesty.

A simple look on google will show why the Epic store sucks, its bloated horrible software and PC gamers hate. Its a good way to cut off more than half the PC market by making it a Epic Store exclusive.

I was happy witj the trailer but this has proper killed my mood about this game.

I can't think of a game that's had worse PR or marketing. This has just been a series of disasters since 2015's E3. It's really sad. I feel for Yu. I hope the game ends up delivering.

There's really no point in continuing to insist it's not a big deal. The Kickstarter is already covered in hundreds of posts demanding a refund. It's a big deal.

It's not about the fans who have waited 20 years for this, they will buy the game whatever store it's on. But by not putting the game on Steam they're missing out on a massive potential new audience, this decision is fucking mystifying in all honesty.
See that I can understand. It's now down to DS to push this and work with it.

A lot of new faces turning up right at this moment to vent rage. So we'll see how all those upvotes and downvotes tally up over the next days, weeks and months to get an idea of the real numbers of happy, upset, and indifferent consumers.

I'm sorry, pc is a huge market and they just destroyed their sales. I don't see shenmue 4 being funded anymore. :( Am I allowed to swear...? FUCK YOU Deepsilver and epic games

This is the last I will say on it. I don't have Epic but would for Shemmue 3. Other clients spy, facebook spies, twitter spies they all do.

The sooner we get over it the sooner we can back the game. We need to think of the bigger picture. Is it a bad decision to go on Epic time will only tell.

People need to calm down and wait for backer info regarding steam. They will likely transfer keys or offer it via steam for those backers.

Because there will also people who don't mind who sells what. I'm trying to understand the issue with Epic and maybe it's because I've had a long day but it is what it is. Saying my preference is irrelevant is the same as me saying yours is and that isn't an arguement.

Anyway I will leave that there now.

They have taken Epic's money. There's no need to "back" anything anymore.

I hate the Epic store, for many valid reasons. I've actively avoided putting it on my PC. this is a d*ck move by YS Net, there is no other way to describe it. If they go even further and don't give backers Steam keys this is going to go badly for YS Net.

regardless of what you think about the Epic store YS Net have just guaranteed the game will have little to no reach on PC. I hope sales on console knock it out the park because PC isn't going to be the platform to help guarantee Shenmue 4 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back