Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I looked a bit closer on that UK chart, shenmue 3 is all the way on the 5th page, I actually cant buy that not cause I believe its not selling that poor, but cause tony hawk pro skater 5 is somehow 2 pages above it, theres no damn way that game is actually selling now, its not even discounted its still 60 bucks.

THPS 5 was on sale recently....I know I remember seeing it on sale for like $15 AUD on the PSN store because I almost debated buying it (I loved the old Tony Hawk games but even at $15, I refuse to reward Activision for that P.O.S)

Still, it was on sale recently and marked down drastically. I think the sale expired, but still, if that P.O.S is indeed outselling Shenmue III....then damn! Just damn.

Just got back from the walmart here and its actually being sold for $15.99. Surely this has to help with sells. Its a steal compared to the 60 I paid for it.

Wouldn't surprise me. Don't take this as doom and gloom, folks. Wal-Mart is IMMENSE and can afford numerous losses on basically anything.
Well it does surprise me. Not even from a negative standpoint, I just mean it in a sense of that's a crazy deal I would buy again myself if I could.

If you know of any deals websites or forums tell them about it. Some people love getting a deal no matter what it’s for.

in France it got a nice review on Le Monde (France's most popular newspaper):

Crazy. The Walmart site has it for $36.

Let me tell you why, as I managed retail for a long time. This shift came about 2 or 3 years ago, I believe led by Walmart and Target.

Many times, certain items will be cheaper in the store than online for Black Friday in order to encourage people to go out to stores. You can even see it on their tabs in the paper ($24.99/in-store $17.99)

It's an attempt to keep brick and mortar stores alive and relevant, to help them fight back against the fact that you can essentially do anything you want from your phone or PC now(groceries, etc) with as little as 1 day wait time. In areas where Amazon Prime has Prime Now active, as little as an couple of hours.

As the generation before many of us rides off into the sunset, the shopping landscape that we will partake in and especially our children, will be radically different than most anything we have ever known growing up.

Think about--Toys R Us, Radio Shack, Circuit City, Sears, K-Mart. These are just a few names, once synonymous with retail culture now gone or all but.

I will also take this time to tell you that I know, from an inside source at my old employer, that GameStop plans to indeed close over 2,000 stores in the upcoming year. This is in addition to the 200 or so this year. Almost 50% of their market footprint. Things are not very good there.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 13.55.43.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 13.55.43.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Let me tell you why, as I managed retail for a long time. This shift came about 2 or 3 years ago, I believe led by Walmart and Target.

Many times, certain items will be cheaper in the store than online for Black Friday in order to encourage people to go out to stores. You can even see it on their tabs in the paper ($24.99/in-store $17.99)

It's an attempt to keep brick and mortar stores alive and relevant, to help them fight back against the fact that you can essentially do anything you want from your phone or PC now(groceries, etc) with as little as 1 day wait time. In areas where Amazon Prime has Prime Now active, as little as an couple of hours.

As the generation before many of us rides off into the sunset, the shopping landscape that we will partake in and especially our children, will be radically different than most anything we have ever known growing up.

Think about--Toys R Us, Radio Shack, Circuit City, Sears, K-Mart. These are just a few names, once synonymous with retail culture now gone or all but.

I will also take this time to tell you that I know, from an inside source at my old employer, that GameStop plans to indeed close over 2,000 stores in the upcoming year. This is in addition to the 200 or so this year. Almost 50% of their market footprint. Things are not very good there.

It is a different cultural style anymore. I still prefer buying my physical copies in store just so I can see that the cases are in good condition.

Yakuza 0 is on sale for the holiday. I'm trying to find a copy in store that doesnt have the "Playstation Hits" banner. If I order online, it will probably have that.

in France it got a nice review on Le Monde (France's most popular newspaper):

For those who didn't read, the writer said Red Dead Redemption 2 looks like the beta version of Shenmue 3 (lol).

It makes me wonder if Deep Silver and Koch can look at this from the view point that if they fund Shenmue 4 from the beginning then next time there won’t be 60-70k copies going to backers and there definitely won’t be console exclusivity. Both of those factors take a sizeable chunk out of sales.

It makes me wonder if Deep Silver and Koch can look at this from the view point that if they fund Shenmue 4 from the beginning then next time there won’t be 60-70k copies going to backers and there definitely won’t be console exclusivity. Both of those factors take a sizeable chunk out of sales.

you'd like to think so, publishers can be fairly short-sighted at times though. Fingers crossed that Deep Silver or another publisher step up to the plate and help fund Shenmue IV

#67 on US Amazon’s PS4 list behind lots of old games like Yakuza 0. Not really expecting a miracle in the US, unfortunately.

Cant even find it on Target or GameStop’s sites when I sort for bestsellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back