Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's highly unlikely we see Shenmue 3 in the top 20 for NPD, it would be a nice surprise. We probably won't get a clearer picture of what sales are like for a few months. Sites like game stats can be very unreliable for an accurate picture of sales- it is highly unlikely that sales are as low as 33k on PS4.

Deep Silver are still pushing the game which is decent on their part and shows that they aren't just letting the game disappear off into the sunset, we'll likely see bigger pushes around DLC and any major patches.

Yeah, I truly see this being the slowest of burns; if 9th in Italy = 10,000-15,000 and 8th in Switzerland (over all formats) is another 5,000, (just making rough estimations here), I really don't see this not selling above 200,000 or so, worldwide on all formats.

It will just be AGONISINGLY long for the true numbers to come out, I feel.

I think it's highly unlikely we see Shenmue 3 in the top 20 for NPD, it would be a nice surprise. We probably won't get a clearer picture of what sales are like for a few months. Sites like game stats can be very unreliable for an accurate picture of sales- it is highly unlikely that sales are as low as 33k on PS4.

Deep Silver are still pushing the game which is decent on their part and shows that they aren't just letting the game disappear off into the sunset, we'll likely see bigger pushes around DLC and any major patches.
It’s hard to call. I think top ten is out of the question, but after that it becomes a guessing game. Ultimately, I think releasing so close to the end of the month could hurt its position - but anything’s possible. It seems like Best Buy shifted a lot of units and Amazon sales exceeded their expectations too.

NPD tracks dollar sales not units sold though, so the discounted price might keep it out of the charts even if it shifted a lot of units.

Virtually impossible to be 33k on PS4. Japan alone is around 25k physical and we don't know the digital numbers + the rest of the world on PS4.

Not sure it will be on NPD because they track by dollar amounts instead of units sold.

So he's saying they don't need the fans to get it out, or he's referring to himself as a fan?

I have a friend of me he is a popular singer in France I gave him the steelbook case to make an video of the steelbook on snapchat he did it and some of his fan bought the game (sorry for my bad English)

I have a friend of me he is a popular singer in France I gave him the steelbook case to make an video of the steelbook on snapchat he did it and some of his fan bought the game (sorry for my bad English)
Really? That's appreciated! :) Thanks!

Anyway guys, the facts we know at the moments are:

- Yu Suzuki wants to make Shenmue IV. I think he'll do it. He had originally planned to make Shenmue III with just 2 million dollars. In the worst case scenario, Shenmue IV will be a smaller game;
- The size of Shenmue IV will depend on sales of Shenmue III. In order to check if a game is successful, you can't just evaluate the first month or so. Nowadays, especially with digital sales, a game lifespan is much longer. There're games that sold rather poorly in the first month but had steady sales for their first year and were therefore a good profit for the developers;
- YsNet will focus on the DLCs before making any announcement about Shenmue IV. Announcing officially Shenmue IV now would be in fact a bad move. I'm pretty sure it'd generate bad reactions from many haters (you may imagine their reactions yourselves... accusing Yu Suzuki of who knows what) and would possibly hinder the sales of future DLCs of Shenmue III.

My ideal scenario would be solid sales and that's it. We waited for Shenmue III announcement for 14 years... I can wait one year or two before the announcement of Shenmue IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back