Shenmue 3: side quests

What’s the reward for catch the skipper. ?
When and how is it triggered. ?
It’s not appeared for me but maybe i missed it.
I don't even know if it's even missable. You get it from the hotel reception automaticly in the morning after paying your fees.

Also when is the River Fish quest in Niaowu triggered , I think I may have missed it.
I think it can be started the first time you go to Senary Road. You can only get the quest prior to 12am. Make sure to go to the fisherman in Vendor Avenue before 12am.

I don't even know if it's even missable. You get it from the hotel reception automaticly in the morning after paying your fees.

She hasn’t offered it to me. When in the game does It occur ? It’s a late night side quest. ?

I think it can be started the first time you go to Senary Road. You can only get the quest prior to 12am. Make sure to go to the fisherman in Vendor Avenue before 12am.

Can someone help me with the “cheap items” quest in Niaowu? I keep thinking I’ve found the cheapest and then she says I’m wrong 😂

edit: got it!

Last edited:
Does someone know which Niaowu side quest goes in between Ryo Plays Cupid and Guilin Roll Creation? It's a 2 page quest that I'm missing, or maybe 2 pages of Ryo Plays Cupid.

edit: nevermind I found the quest, its called Pink Panda of Happiness if anyone wants to know.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the time frame for vegetable vigilance (or where the stand is)? If I missed it, I will be most displeased...

(In usual fashion, I found it minutes after typing this. She's by the fishing stands).

What is the side quest order from the first to the last in the city part and a rough time when they are available to complete them?

Can someone help me with the “cheap items” quest in Niaowu? I keep thinking I’ve found the cheapest and then she says I’m wrong 😂

edit: got it!

If you got it you should list what shops you got the cheapest items for others here

From memory

crazy dim sum
Travelers goods
Fruit basket
Dusty pages

Those are the ones from the guide and they work, however they aren't the cheapest.
eg. Crazy Dim Sum is more expensive than the Bun Stand on Vendor Avenue (close to Dusty Pages). Travelers Goods is more expensive than the shop on upper Blossom Road.
Fruit Basket & Dusty Pages might be actually the cheapest.

Can confirm that all quests must be completed in a single playthrough. Will update the main post at some point over the next week with information for all 25 quests and when they become active.

thanks

I've been using this one for Bailu.

He hasnt made one for Niaowu yet.

I got the effing white lure after trying for what felt like an hour, which by the way wasn’t very fun, but accidentally told the kid I couldn’t find it. Now I can’t give it to him. How infuriating. Shouldn't just disable a side quest because of a button press. Honestly thought I was picking up a side quest from another kid when the prompt popped up.

I got the effing white lure after trying for what felt like an hour, which by the way wasn’t very fun, but accidentally told the kid I couldn’t find it. Now I can’t give it to him. How infuriating. Shouldn't just disable a side quest because of a button press. Honestly thought I was picking up a side quest from another kid when the prompt popped up.

I completely missed him entirely in my first playthrough lol

thanks

I've been using this one for Bailu.

He hasnt made one for Niaowu yet.
I have all of the quests for Niaowu written down on a scrap of paper on my coffee table. Just haven’t had time to add them. Might try and do it tomorrow before work.

Does the trophy pop after The Greatest Fortune quest or after the Fortified Castle Shop quest?

Back