Shenmue 3: side quests

It does come out as I’ve done it 3 times now on 3 different save files just keep putting ur money in it will eventually come out

Lol I’ve already got the trophy for all capsules trust me it takes ages to get them all out of the machines to complete each set

I could never complete the date/flower sidequest in Niaowu because after I went to the flower shop I could never ask them about flowers. Were you just supposed to press the A button as normal? I even bought a rose but it made no difference. Maybe you had to talk to them on the same day?

The sidequest icon should've appeared once you went to the florist. So the order should've been talking to the guitar shop guy then talk to the girl then back to the guitar shop dude then florist. If you went that order but did some story stuff inbetween it's possible the sidequest expired.

Question about Mr. Su's Tall Tales quest:

I messed this quest up the first time I played for some reason.
I think you had to wait until the next day to have him tell another one of his stories or else he'll get mad and tell you to go away.
My question is, is that only for the first story? Or after that, can you go to him more than once a day?

My other question is where and when is the Elephant Phonecard and Termite Mushroom Phonecard sidequests appear in Niaowu? This is for that red and silver jacket.

last question is: where is dragon carving item

Has anyone gotten all the scrolls yet? I'm still missing one of the items for the Scorpion Tail. It's the black hawk airplane that i can't seem to find on any of the vendors, minigames or at the prize exchange. I guess it's locked behind a subquest that i haven't done yet or missed out on in my first playthrough.

I think you had to wait until the next day to have him tell another one of his stories or else he'll get mad and tell you to go away.
My question is, is that only for the first story? Or after that, can you go to him more than once a day?

My other question is where and when is the Elephant Phonecard and Termite Mushroom Phonecard sidequests appear in Niaowu? This is for that red and silver jacket.

This quest takes 3 in game days. Talk to him once on day one, once on day two and twice on day three.

The sidequests of finding 3 herbs to make Three Yellow Powder. I have looked everywhere in Niaowu and can't find the huang root stalk herb? Is the grove the one by the temple?

The sidequests of finding 3 herbs to make Three Yellow Powder. I have looked everywhere in Niaowu and can't find the huang root stalk herb? Is the grove the one by the temple?

No the herb is by those cows grazing in the field by the yellow flowers on the side street 'Yangshian' whatever near Shenhua's house (not her cows specifically). Its nect to sitting cow.

This quest takes 3 in game days. Talk to him once on day one, once on day two and twice on day three.
For the Dragon Carving quest you go talk to the Fortune teller near the Rose Garden.
She gives you a lucky number. You then go to New Paradise and the ice cream store near the burger store. There will be some thugs there.

The Da Huang herb is in the area near the hotel. Go through the door. Its hidden behind a rock.

Has anyone had any luck getting the white fishing lure for the kid in Bailu? I've popped in hundreds of Yuan to the capsule toy machine with no luck.
There’s a lure capsule machine in Niaowu as well. You can get the white lure there too. It takes a lot of tries.

What white lure Bailu kid? Is this a side quest? which kid?
Yes. It’s a side quest from a kid practicing tai chi in the village. He will ask you to get the white lure. It needs to be done at a certain time. I missed it. You can also fail it if you don’t do it in time. It needs to be done before you go to Niaowu.
The good thing is you can still get a white lure in Niaowu from capsule machine and use it to get the Chained Pit Slash skill from the Capsule Set

The Da Huang herb is in the area near the hotel. Go through the door. Its hidden behind a rock.
Thanks a lot for the insight I'm going to try looking for that herb this sidequest was driving me insane looking for the dan huang root stalk herb.

Yes. It’s a side quest from a kid practicing tai chi in the village. He will ask you to get the white lure. It needs to be done at a certain time. I missed it. You can also fail it if you don’t do it in time. It needs to be done before you go to Niaowu.
The good thing is you can still get a white lure in Niaowu from capsule machine and use it to get the Chained Pit Slash skill from the Capsule Set

aw thanks but damnit I guess I missed it then. (I'm about to go up the bell tower). I dont need the white lure for Chained Pit Slash btw since this is my 2nd playthrough and I already have the white lure.

aw thanks but damnit I guess I missed it then. (I'm about to go up the bell tower). I dont need the white lure for Chained Pit Slash btw since this is my 2nd playthrough and I already have the white lure.
I’m not sure what the kid gives you for the lure ? Anybody know ?

Whe

When does this quest open? I have talked to him, so he is outside the house. But there is no side quest button. Do I have to progress to the Master Sun part where he wants the wine?

Back