Shenmue 3: side quests

Does anyone know where I can find the Da Huang Root Stalk For the Herb quest in Chobu? Is it in the mountains (ala duck pen) because I’ve been looking here but I can’t find it. Got the other two, but can’t find this last one to save my life
It's near the cows on the road to Languishan (go towards Marshal Hall from Shenhua's House, first right)

I could never get the florist in Choubu to recommend me flowers, always had to ask main quest related dialogue :/

With the quests can u complete as many as u can in one play through and etc and once u re play new game plus and do the quests u for got to do would that count towards the trophy or do u guys recon u have to play one run and do all of them in one go??to get the trophy

So I now have 10 completed requests in Bailu Village but no trophy...the description says "complete all key tasks". Anyone know if it pops after I climb the bell tower (i.e, everything in Bailu complete rather than just the side quest/requests)?

U have to do all the quests in Bailu as well as the quests in the city part of the game to get the trophy I do believe

U have to do all the quests in Bailu as well as the quests in the city part of the game to get the trophy I do believe
Even for the one that says 'complete all key tasks in Bailu?

There are 3 trophies related to this:

Key tasks in bailu
Key tasks in second area
All key tasks

I'm wondering if bailu specific trophy pops after doing side quests, or after completing all the story related tasks too...

Can anyone tell me where to get the items to fill the Breaking Wave, Spiral Cut, and Maelstrom Strike skillbook exchange in Bailu?

I've got the magnifying glass for Breaking wave.

The vase and butterfly pendent for Spiral Cut.

The Red Radio for Maelstrom strike.

I'm just about the enter the bell tower and I got a warning about checking Bailu before that.

Can anyone tell me where to get the items to fill the Breaking Wave, Spiral Cut, and Maelstrom Strike skillbook exchange in Bailu?

I'm just about the enter the bell tower and I got a warning about checking Bailu before that.
WHere did you get the Butterfly pendant??

Pretty sure I got it from the Prize Exchange

Ok thanks, maybe I already have it then, didn't ring a bell. Think I might buy 2 of everything before leaving Bailu to be safe!

Don't quote me but I think I read elsewhere that some of the pawn/Capsule sets can be completed in the next area...

You get the radio from the panda market, the magnifying glass from the prize exchange and the dragon pot for completing the dating quest (find the guy at the gambling area).

I saw somewhere on the forum that there may be a sidequest for Li Feng. Is this true? I never triggered any for her on my first playthrough. In fact I don't even know her schedule if she's walking around Niaowu. Always assumed she only showed up when you were supposed to encounter her until I caught her sitting at a table in the Prize Exchange building at New Paradise.

You get the radio from the panda market, the magnifying glass from the prize exchange and the dragon pot for completing the dating quest (find the guy at the gambling area).

Apologies if I didn't articulate myself well enough, but I've already got the one's you listed. I need the other items to fill it : Chinese Zodiac plate & Another item for Breaking Wave, Construction vehicle for spiral cut, Leather Boots & Battle Axe for Maelstrom Storm.

Apologies if I didn't articulate myself well enough, but I've already got the one's you listed. I need the other items to fill it : Chinese Zodiac plate & Another item for Breaking Wave, Construction vehicle for spiral cut, Leather Boots & Battle Axe for Maelstrom Storm.
My bad. I didn’t read through your post well enough.

You get them after leaving Bailu. Providing you have those three items, you’re good to go.

Does anybody know where all the niaowu tour flags are? I’ve found all but 1. The ones I’ve found are.
  1. big pier
  2. Vendor avenue
  3. His Xiao Temple
  4. Lou Jiao shrine
  5. ??????
  6. Golden Goose

How do you trigger the Catfish Rally side quest? I'm in that point right before we leave Bailu, i've done all other 9 sidequests but this one doesn't trigger. Does it need to be done in an earlier moment?

Also big warning for the Elder Yeh herb quest, if you trigger the quest but advance the story to a point after you get all 6 tokens for the belltower from her house, she will close her doors and you will not be able to deliver her the four herbs even if you get them (at least from where I'm at).

I could never complete the date/flower sidequest in Niaowu because after I went to the flower shop I could never ask them about flowers. Were you just supposed to press the A button as normal? I even bought a rose but it made no difference. Maybe you had to talk to them on the same day?

Back