Shenmue 4 leak audio review trailer

The "leaker" also registered, posted this thread, logged off and hasn't been back since.
So yeah, grain of salt...
yeah grain of salt of course but if it's fake i really don't know how he manage to do that AI cant do these kinds of thing yet the voices and so on sound very clean even yu suzuki voice

Wouldn't it be the other way around? A pitch video would show various facets of the game, whereas this seems to be more story focused/cinematic.

Keep in mind that I know nothing about pitch videos or how any of this works :ROFLMAO:

I'm not certain but I always thought pitch videos are short and to the point, then they will have a discussion about other aspects. In house development is where publishers will visit to see how things are progressing.
I could also be wrong too, though, so... 😅

yeah grain of salt of course but if it's fake i really don't know how he manage to do that AI cant do these kinds of thing yet the voices and so on sound very clean even yu suzuki voice

A lot of things add up and some other things don't really add up lol.
All we can do is play the waiting game like we've been doing so far and hope something comes out of this :giggle:

At this point, rumors and teases are no longer interesting to me. I'm sick of them and I don't trust them at all. Give me a real announcement and then we'll talk. We have been burned too much so far by all kinds of "leaks".

Stop giving me hope you cunts.

1695064042976.png

Listening to the audio; it does give off a more 'action' vibe...which should please some people who think Shenmue was always meant to be like Fast & Furious.

Colour me very exctied, but also jaded. In a day where blink-182 finally announce a new album and i'm just like 'ah cool', it takes a lot for me to lose my shit.

Shenmue IV certainly is an exception ~

Stop giving me hope you cunts.

R.5e5f7a5c2fae7bcaa722b1b76416719c

This was not great timing for me, OP. I had shit to do today.
I've been dumping a lot of somewhat random stuff into the discord, so I figured I may as well put things in a better recorded space. Also, it's 3am JP time, so Switch probably won't be looking at this for a while, I would guess.

Going to start with the best transcription I can muster:
Redacted
Stuff I can't quite make out, or don't really make sense to me I bolded and italicized. They're very likely not accurate.

The more I listen to this, the more I think it's not worth bothering to fully translate, though. It kind of feels like a ruse. I've gone back and forth about whether it's real or not all day. A number of things sound kind of spliced together, and just kind of notably off. In a number of places it feels like someone fed a non-Japanese script into a translator. Most notably, Ryo in the leak audio says Lan Di's name a number of times, and pronounces it like 'Lan Tea,' or 'Lan Dee,' but in Japanese he always pronounces it as 'Lan Tei.' Also, curiously the old man at the end actually says Tentei like 'Ten Tay,' Ryo then immediately after that says 'Tentee!' (The last line of the 'trailer' is the most funny to me. That delivery and pronunciation is hysterical.)
Also, Chiyoumen in the Japanese script is pronounced 'she-you-moan,' and that same old man says it like 'Ch-you-moan.'

So, those discrepancies just don't add up to me. Feels like a fan vision that included the words "Lan Di," "Tentei," (probably misspelled as "Tentie" when Ryo says it) and "Chiyoumen."

The other thing is, when I think about this more, the only detailed information in there is basically deep-cut information that fans would know about, but basically nothing that would be new information for them, either. Casual onlookers would be totally clueless about all of it, though.

Sorry, y'all. I'm feeling pretty sure this is fake at this point, personally.

Last edited:
shenmue-shenmue-why.gif
This was not great timing for me, OP. I had shit to do today.
I've been dumping a lot of somewhat random stuff into the discord, so I figured I may as well put things in a better recorded space. Also, it's 3am JP time, so Switch probably won't be looking at this for a while, I would guess.

Going to start with the best transcription I can muster:
鈴木裕氏:ティーザー予告編をレビューする準備ができました。
芭月涼:ランティはチャンカカイに向かっている。
謎の老人:うむ、私のいそくはいつかこの日が来ることはわかっていた。
謎の声:え”ぇ?!
*硬い物音*
謎の少年(?)の声:お前の氏族かニューは一体なにもんだ。俺たちは彼よりも先に渡しにたうかねばならぬ。
先の老人(?):私のいしゅづこんきゅうめん【困窮民?】に皇帝によって開成された。
謎:我々の目的は虎燕拳とすべての致命的なむすうきんけつやしすることであった。。。。しかしうても重要なのはこれらの悪門空くの地【悪の手?】から守るよう委託されていたことだ。
若しかしてレン:おいおい!跳べよ、蘇州まで歩きたいのか?
涼:はっ!

涼:シェンファ、この人はメイメイです。
メイメイ:あぁ、それじゃ涼の彼女なのね。
シェンファ:ええ、いや違うよ。友達だよ!
格闘技の:さあ!蘇州最強のファイターにいがむんだ!
涼(?):ぎゃあああー!
レン(?):。。。んは、今までいろいろあったのにこの僧侶たちは耐空で悪を殺してくれるだろう。
涼:我慢しろ。ランディとの最後の遭遇のは俺たちは出来るかぎりの助けが必要だということはあいらから。
謎の老人三号かな:おそらく、ランディより遥かに恐ろしい驚異が存在する。チュウモン【蚩尤門(しゆうもん)】の魔人のリーダーだ。そのいちゅうは天帝。
涼:テンてぃ~?!【(笑)】

鈴木氏:この部分は約定する可能性があります。
Stuff I can't quite make out, or don't really make sense to me I bolded and italicized. They're very likely not accurate.

The more I listen to this, the more I think it's not worth bothering to fully translate, though. It kind of feels like a ruse. I've gone back and forth about whether it's real or not all day. A number of things sound kind of spliced together, and just kind of notably off. In a number of places it feels like someone fed a non-Japanese script into a translator. Most notably, Ryo in the leak audio says Lan Di's name a number of times, and pronounces it like 'Lan Tea,' or 'Lan Dee,' but in Japanese he always pronounces it as 'Lan Tei.' Also, curiously the old man at the end actually says Tentei like 'Ten Tay,' Ryo then immediately after that says 'Tentee!' (The last line of the 'trailer' is the most funny to me. That delivery and pronunciation is hysterical.)
Also, Chuyoumen in the Japanese script is pronounced 'she-you-moan,' and that same old man says it like 'Ch-you-moan.'

So, those discrepancies just don't add up to me. Feels like a fan vision that included the words "Lan Di," "Tentei," (probably misspelled as "Tentie" when Ryo says it) and "Chiyoumen."

The other thing is, when I think about this more, the only detailed information in there is basically deep-cut information that fans would know about, but basically nothing that would be new information for them, either. Casual onlookers would be totally clueless about all of it, though.

Sorry, y'all. I'm feeling pretty sure this is fake at this point, personally.

Hey everyone,

I've probably sat on this for way longer than I should have done.

The links been removed at my call after talking with James about it. While this in no way, shape or form confirms the legitimacy of this we are mindful that the site has a good relationship with YSNET and I'm concerned that if this is legitimate there could be implications for this relationship which I need to think about longer term.

That said please discuss as you like but do not share further links or tweets to the offending material.

Who would be salty enough to go to such great lengths?
Also he definitely know about Shenmue; I mean, I heard "Tentei (Suzhou not sure about this one)... ". So, the op if you're trying to create rumors or fakes, look elsewhere. You won't achieve fame with Shenmue fake leak.

Better to be on the safe side. We shall see if it catches the fun bus out of town where it also is located.

I have no idea if the leak is real or not.
But what I can say : usaualy after the conception (design the game, prototaping, R&D) the next step is to make a vertical slice of the game to show the publisher what the developper is aiming for the final game (or to find an publisher).
So it is more a demo than a trailer, and if there is a trailer the whole part comes from the vertical section, so a smal part of chapter, like ont main quest + one secondaty quest.

So if the leak trailer is composed by different part of the game (beginning, middle and late game) it has more chance to be a marketing/reveal trailer

If it's fake, then it's probably the same guy that made this fake months ago.

Shenmue-4-4chan-leak-e1680348773424-708x1024.png

If it's fake, then it's probably the same guy that made this fake months ago.
The audio recording is "next level trolling" compared to the rumors so far. Obviously there are plenty of talented pranksters out there, but what kind of monster you must be to do that? :)

Even if the voice actors are AI, he put a lot of effort into mixing, adding effects, and making everything at least sound authentic to non-Japanese speakers....and all this just to laugh at the reactions of a handful of people. It's madness! :)

Seems to me that if they were pitching the project to a potential publisher (whoa, that's some unintentional alliteration), the meeting would focus on demonstrating gameplay and going over the design documents. This sounded more like a cinematic trailer that would be for a general audience... or more specifically, an audience who is already familiar with Shenmue in some depth.

The audio recording is "next level trolling" compared to the rumors so far. Obviously there are plenty of talented pranksters out there, but what kind of monster you must be to do that? :)

Even if the voice actors are AI, he put a lot of effort into mixing, adding effects, and making everything at least sound authentic to non-Japanese speakers....and all this just to laugh at the reactions of a handful of people. It's madness! :)
but a lot of things in here can't be AI generated like the roar at around 1:34 i don't think AI are capable of generating these kinds of line yet but i could be wrong tho

Back