Shenmue Anime: First Trailer

The battle scenes are looking amazing, i love every moment of this trailer. In the panel i think that was Yu Suzuki that said that we will see Guilin flashbacks with Shenhua and flashbacks with Xiuying, looks like the anime will have a lot of scenes that are not in the game, scenes that will add even more to the Shenmue Story, i will try to buy every product of the anime, this is amazing 😍

1633647221805.png

Higher resolution key art image from the endslate:

bcc6f6451322366b670e4d1a36b5b8021633612504_main.png

One thing I noticed. They moved the Chai fight from the arcade to the Dojo. Assuming that is the Chai fight in question. Which kind of makes more sense I guess. Also. I noticed in that glimpse of the Chai fight that he doesn‘t have the band aid with fresh blood coming from the wound

Lots of news sites picking up on this too:

Reading the comments here and on YouTube, i'm so pleased to see such positive feedback!

I'm so tired, so off to bed. Gonna have a restless night I reckon haha!

LETS GO!

Anime of stout quality and maybe the 4th entry comes from that developer with big fighting game devs? 110 or whatever??

I'm in.

All in all? That was pretty much everything I wanted from this. The only thing missing was a glimpse of Xiuying in Anime form. Actually. Come to think of it. There really wasn’t much of Shenmue II at all in this tease. It was all mostly Yokosuka.

Still, 70 man battle hype! Terry looks dope! Guizhang looks spot on. The tone looks incredibly bad ass! Yeah, I loved it!

What a day to be a shenmue fan!!!!! a lot of anime fan are also gamer so it can only help shenmue grow, if the anime is doing well shenmue 4 is coming 100000% (sorry for my bad english)

Lots of news sites picking up on this too:

Reading the comments here and on YouTube, i'm so pleased to see such positive feedback!

I'm so tired, so off to bed. Gonna have a restless night I reckon haha!
Kotaku now too!

Still stunned by the overall quality of this and it REALLY made my day, not just because it's Shenmue, but..

This is how you do a game adaptation. Stay faithful to the original story with a bit of extra meat in there for detail!

Not that bullshit like the Resident Evil trailer today, which just made me want to hurl a steel bar into a wall.

Looks great!
One thing I noticed. They moved the Chai fight from the arcade to the Dojo. Assuming that is the Chai fight in question. Which kind of makes more sense I guess. Also. I noticed in that glimpse of the Chai fight that he doesn‘t have the band aid with fresh blood coming from the wound
I guess that will happen after Ryo battles with his new bodyguard Guizhang, Chai is watching them from the roof and in a new scene, maybe he follows Ryo to his house and tries to find the Phoenix Mirror. Judging by the promotional art, perhaps they're moving the scene earlier when Lan Di beats up Ryo and so series 2 will end in a more climactic way, rather than just defeating gang leader Dou Niu and travelling to the cave.

Last edited:
Xpost from the prediction thread.

"I'm very, very glad to have been proven so very, very wrong about there being no trailer or release date. This looks great. Just hope they don't retcon the cave and sword and mysticism like Shenmue 3 seemed to."

Amazing! I absolutely called them starting the Anime off with Ryo's tournament fight...Which is where the games should have began as a tutorial for combat anyways.

Might not be the popular opinion but I wouldnt mind if this anime causes the games to get a Remake/Reboot and use the anime's story pacing to catch back up to putting the games on track. I'm just grateful this is a crunchyroll production and not a Netflix one. They would have botched it like with Dragons Dogma lol. Can not wait!

Back