Shenmue Characters in SEGA Heroes!

If you have not got Tom from the chests yet you can buy shards in Arena Shop or get them from Beyondering Stage 20 and 32.
Yeah, and they have a deal at the moment where you can get Ryo or Ren for 1000 crystals. As a fool, I spent mine last week when no weekly deals showed up. Kicking myself right now...

On the brighter side my team is getting more powerful, and I'll have Ryo unlocked by other means soon enough, just gonna take a little while longer to get them.

Yeah, and they have a deal at the moment where you can get Ryo or Ren for 1000 crystals. As a fool, I spent mine last week when no weekly deals showed up. Kicking myself right now...

On the brighter side my team is getting more powerful, and I'll have Ryo unlocked by other means soon enough, just gonna take a little while longer to get them.
I know that feel... I spent all gems (750) on Shenhua chest and only get 2 shards :(

Did you join any Guild? It is more easier to get coins and etc.

I know that feel... I spent all gems (750) on Shenhua chest and only get 2 shards :(

Did you join any Guild? It is more easier to get coins and etc.
I'm in a guild yeah but its not that active. Should I be looking for a more active one?

And I tend to only touch the 300 crystal chests. That gives you 20 shards plus cash. Its random the shards you get but looking at the odds of the "up to" chests basically mean you get next to non 98% of the time so I always avoid them.

I'm in a guild yeah but its not that active. Should I be looking for a more active one?

And I tend to only touch the 300 crystal chests. That gives you 20 shards plus cash. Its random the shards you get but looking at the odds of the "up to" chests basically mean you get next to non 98% of the time so I always avoid them.
I don't know how active your guild are, but I'm in Shenmue Academy and this is a very good guild with active people (always near to the 300 in Guild Events).

Yeah, 300 chests are great if you want to make strong team, but I only open special offer chests. Thanks to them i've collect enough Tom and Ren shards. And I was lucky one time and got Ryo.

I don't know how active your guild are, but I'm in Shenmue Academy and this is a very good guild with active people (always near to the 300 in Guild Events).

Yeah, 300 chests are great if you want to make strong team, but I only open special offer chests. Thanks to them i've collect enough Tom and Ren shards. And I was lucky one time and got Ryo.
Cool, I just joined up in that Guild (I'm AAA16, because I was that lazy when creating a username).

Ren shards are available on stage 30 (Beyondering)
Thanks for the heads up, I don't think I'm too far away from that stage now (been focusing on getting my main and beyondering teams levelled up, that guild you recommended has certainly helped loads!)

I finally got my Ryo unlocked though, I really like him. I mean, not the best character in the game but the attention to detail is cool. Kinda makes me hope Yakuza characters are not too far off (the Altered Beast stuff has been really cool).

Thanks for the heads up, I don't think I'm too far away from that stage now (been focusing on getting my main and beyondering teams levelled up, that guild you recommended has certainly helped loads!)

I finally got my Ryo unlocked though, I really like him. I mean, not the best character in the game but the attention to detail is cool. Kinda makes me hope Yakuza characters are not too far off (the Altered Beast stuff has been really cool).
I'm waiting for Yakuza characters too. I also would love to see Virtua Fighter characters.

How many characters from Altered Beast do you have? I only have Werewolf from Altered Beast and It gets hard to play without x2 characters in special events. Keep gems for Shenhua :)

I'm waiting for Yakuza characters too. I also would love to see Virtua Fighter characters.

How many characters from Altered Beast do you have? I only have Werewolf from Altered Beast and It gets hard to play without x2 characters in special events. Keep gems for Shenhua :)
None yet, I've got shards for each of the characters but haven't managed to unlock any yet. I think I'll get there in the end, my team has gotten way more powerful in the last week or so and I've gotten into a good routine with getting all my characters levelled up as I go.

Shenhua event is next week starting on Monday, so bringing Ryo, Ren, Tom and Gus or Adam at 4 Stars minimum unlocks Shenhua

lol. I don't have a Ren/Tom let alone any at rank 4*. I really wish I'd picked this game up sooner so I'd not be so behind, my team gets stronger every day but still without spending money its tough getting some of these characters unlocked!

lol. I don't have a Ren/Tom let alone any at rank 4*. I really wish I'd picked this game up sooner so I'd not be so behind, my team gets stronger every day but still without spending money its tough getting some of these characters unlocked!
They will sell shards packs for the event characters using gems probably, so depending on how much do you have you can unlock her. Also Tom and Ren will have their own pack probably

They will sell shards packs for the event characters using gems probably, so depending on how much do you have you can unlock her. Also Tom and Ren will have their own pack probably
Oh yeah, excellent point on that. I've been saving shards all week (because this weeks deals suck) so I'll just continue to save. I might have enough yet!

Ah that bargain offer where a couple of characters cost more than Shenmue 3 itself... I gave up with the game after the arena mode pissed me off one too many times with its loaded AI at points (someone that's much weaker than you shouldn't be one shot'ing characters like how it was in the game). That and once you play it for a longer period of time there's really nothing to do, other than grind for the next character... so I've migrated over to KOF until the same thing annoys me on that game...

It was fun to use my Shenmue team against Dremagen though. They were already my strongest character so they got amped up to a bit over 1 million total power, wich felt insane.

But yeah, those prices are ridiculous, the arena is absolutely rigged and I'm also losing interest in the game from day to day.

Arena is definitely NOT rigged, as I'm able to beat opponents 20k above my team power under the right circumstances, with a team consisting of only 2 rare, 1 epic and even 1 common characters (no legendary on my main). The AI is not dumb as it will always target the player's weakest team member first and always go for star tiles. And if the AI specially has a team with strong synergy, then there is no way you can cruise through a fight without a thought even though your team might be way stronger than the opponent's.
The problem is that the Shenmue team set (which a lot of Shenmue fans use as their main) is mostly a defensive team, with not much synergy among themselves, and Shenhua particularly is one of the weakest Legendary characters of the roster with her only being able to upgrade occasionally.
Anyway, if not for the Arena and Boss Fights I would have given up on the game long ago.

I dont use any Shenmue characters. And yeah, arena definitely feels unfairly weighted at points, at least when it comes to stats - why is my powerful team losing to drastically lower powered teams? And getting one/two shotted at that, if they were closer battles I'd be less inclined to complain. If I resurrect a character they usually die in 1 hit, if the AI manages the same, this doesn't happen. Also, AI is spotty at best when it comes to tactics, it sometimes ignores blatant big star tile chances, to my gain, and sometimes just so happens to manage to get an insane series of combos that just so happens to take out two team members.
Whatever is going on, it doesn't feel like its on the level, usually I go on losing streaks only to then go on winning streaks, which feels a bit questionable at best, at least in my opinion.

Either way, game just tired me out and ended up feeling like busywork so I stopped playing. It was fun while it lasted, mostly.

Speaking of the Arena, I managed to get to number one in rank yesterday. It was quite a tactical feat, considering my main team has no legendaries and I even use one low tier character as my main dps while my opponent was close to double my team's overall attack power.

PS. I also haven't spent a dime on the game at all to do it.

Screenshot_20191121-082045.png

Screenshot_20191121-035724.png

Last edited:
Back