Shenmue I & II HD sales data

I'm definitely curious to see how well the game has sold, both physical and digital copies. I know it has sold a reasonable amount on Steam based on the top game sales. It was on page 2 of the "top selling" list yesterday.

Digital sales, at least on consoles, are usually hard to nail down.

I'm hoping it sells well too of course. Excited to see the data.

Interesting piece of information: On the Steam store, Shenmue 1 & 2 is currently selling better than:

Dead by Daylight
Chrono Trigger
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
DOOM
Fallout 4: GotY Edition
Rocket League: GotY Edition
Yakuza 0
Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition
Street Fighter V

I imagine the first runs will have the posters etc but second runs may not?
Yeah, I agree. When the first run of the game is sold out and Sega reprint, I can't immagine them adding the poster on future runs of the physical edition. It is kind of a fan service for the first run but they will want to go for the higher margin on future runs.

Interesting piece of information: On the Steam store, Shenmue 1 & 2 is currently selling better than:

Dead by Daylight
Chrono Trigger
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
DOOM
Fallout 4: GotY Edition
Rocket League: GotY Edition
Yakuza 0
Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition
Street Fighter V
Good to see But also of course it would. First week sales are always significantly higher than follow up weeks and you have listed games which have been out over a year. It's no contest. Is it ahead of other games released this last week?

I'm definitely curious to see how well the game has sold, both physical and digital copies. I know it has sold a reasonable amount on Steam based on the top game sales. It was on page 2 of the "top selling" list yesterday.

Page 1 as of the time of this post! https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers

Beating Yakuza 0 by quite a significant margin too, an entire page, and their release timeframes were somewhat close.

D3T just also tweeted they're pleased with sales and the game is selling out at "some" retail stores and they're having to ship more copies. Amplifies what we already know with it selling out on Amazon UK/US. Early signs are positive.

ugh, no hard numbers though. Still good to see, things are looking up in terms of sales! Is over a million copies acrosss all platforms too high of an expectation? I think it may not be.

Pretty good result considering the IP has been out of commission for 17 years, minimal marketing from Sega, and essentially straight ports from 17/19 years ago.

Yeah but i expect it to drop down massively in the next couple of weeks. Essentially all the hard core shenmue fans already bought their copies (some even more than one). And now it is up to new players and i dont think sales will be that high from this point onwards.

Yeah but i expect it to drop down massively in the next couple of weeks. Essentially all the hard core shenmue fans already bought their copies (some even more than one). And now it is up to new players and i dont think sales will be that high from this point onwards.
Yeah it will be up to retailers and Sega to push sales going forward with discounts. I think lifetime sales will be good for what it is.

Not only is this a really good showing but I guarantee the game will have legs. Positive word of mouth, Steam sales etc.

Back