Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Xbox One I had bad experience for several times, when I let the console switch into "screensave" mode. You know, when the dashboard pops all kind of infos in front of the actual screen. After continuing with the game the cutscene bug appeared almost every time. The same thing happens, when you start the game directly after a standby of the console. It's better to save end quit the whole Shenmue game to have the optimal result possible.
I have the same problem and came to the same conclution! If you play the game without any long breaks then its actually quite bug free on xbox i would say.

When you leave the game on pause for hours and then start playing then its scarsly glitchy.

Specially bad for me qnd others who is literally scared of glitches in games!

If it's Shenmue I, that's actually present in the DC original. The skybox rotation speed is off. They fixed it for SII.

I didn't know that, now you mention it though I think I vaguely recall.

Title: cutscenes viewpoint looking into ground.
Platform: Steam
Title Version: 1.0
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Category: Cutscenes
Priority: Severe

Nozomi mugging scene in park, camera pointing into ground for duration. When this happens all following in engine cutscenes do the same thing. Reproduced repeatedly by loading prior save. Upon changing aspect ratio to 4:3 the issue does not reoccur.

Hey, what's this?...

(This has only happened to me once so far, and the toy was the chicken leg.)

Edit: It just happened a second time, also with the chicken leg.

Attachments

• DlPHWLCWsAAcG0l.jpg-large.jpeg
    DlPHWLCWsAAcG0l.jpg-large.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Title: Midi music rendering issues
Platform: Steam
Title Version: 1.0
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Category: Audio
Priority: Medium

Rendered MIDI music causes random popping and strange clipping sounds, more so when many other sounds are occurring at the same time. Additionally many instrument samples don't sound close to the original game and/or reverberate strangely making certain music tracks sound almost drunk in their playback. This is even more noticeable in Shenmue 2, for example the music that plays at the first arm wrestler is totally messed up.

Last edited:
Hey, what's this?...

(This has only happened to me once so far, and the toy was the chicken leg.)

Edit: It just happened a second time, also with the chicken leg.
Yup got it too yesterday and it wasn't showing in the collection screen either, strangely enough after a crash and reboot today it did show it after opening the capsule and in the collection screen.

New user here, I wanted to report a glitch, not sure if anyone pointed it out yet.

The option to disable the bloom lighting effect is completely broken. If you disable bloom, then use Ryo's notebook, the bloom gets re-enabled. I tested this on both the PS4 version and PC version, with and without the day 1 patch. The problem persists. So there's basically no way to play Shenmue as it was originally with no bloom lighting.

Here's my livestream last night when I discovered the glitch.

At 39:36 of this video is when i discover the cause of the glitch and show it off (pay attention to the bloom lighting on the child's white shirt on the left)

Also note, I tested this on Shenmue 2 later on in this video on PS4 without the day 1 patch (and later with the patch) and the same issue happens.

Second edit: Realize this has already been reported, sorry.

Last edited:
All for Shenmue 1.

Title: Hang-On Tape
Platform: PS4 PRO with 1.0.1 patch
Category: Menu
Priority: Minor
Reproduction Win the Hang-On Tape in raffle, play on music box.
Observed Result: Music is messed up with weird bleeping and mix levels. (Hasn't happened with other tapes)
Expected Result: The music to play like in the arcade.

T̶i̶t̶l̶e̶:̶ ̶N̶o̶z̶o̶m̶i̶ ̶P̶h̶o̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶b̶o̶r̶ ̶ ̶
P̶l̶a̶t̶f̶o̶r̶m̶:̶ ̶P̶S̶4̶ ̶P̶R̶O̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶1̶.̶0̶.̶1̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶ ̶
C̶a̶t̶e̶g̶o̶r̶y̶:̶ ̶M̶e̶n̶u̶ ̶ ̶
S̶t̶a̶t̶u̶s̶:̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶
P̶r̶i̶o̶r̶i̶t̶y̶:̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶ ̶
R̶e̶p̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶P̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶z̶o̶m̶i̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶
O̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶u̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶u̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶
E̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶:̶ ̶M̶e̶n̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶e̶d̶.̶
Edit: I went back to the old Shenmue DC games and it was the same case so this is an error. Pls Remove from lsit.

Other things experinced but people already mentioned:
I also had Alex Kidd/Night 2 capsule toys appear invisible but then when I reloaded later they appeared.
Also the various other weird audio glitches from menu sounds not playing raffle sound sometimes skipping and BGM audio just sounding weird.
The weird cut-scene glitch when you find the mirror and have the cut-scene with Fuku-San. Camera was just pointing at the tree. But once it played everything went back to normal.
Also had the game do a complete crash at one point after a scene, reloaded did the same scene again and everything was fine. It was the scene where you do the QTE with the girls at the harbor regarding Mai.

Edit:Okay Stab Armor is fine it just got moved in the scroll list. once I noticed that and clicked on it it was mastered.

Last edited:
Japanese voices still use the English voice timing, resulting in lots of weird, unnatural pauses where there were none in the original Japanese game.

I was wondering why there were these pauses; I knew it couldn't be loading since that's super-fast now.

Okay, I've just found the most critical bug in the existence of all bugs:

You can no longer bang on the gong in Bunkado Antiques.

I never knew you could do this!

Only got 3 hours in Shenmue now but I'll go back to Yakuza 0 for a bit until more patches are released (looks like Shenmue Master said there would be one released around 15:00 French time today?).

Anyone else having random issues with the forklift, where it won't go up when there's clearly nothing blocking you?

Anyone else having random issues with the forklift, where it won't go up when there's clearly nothing blocking you?
Yes!
I've been suffering from this on the PC release. Thought it was just my bad positioning skills to begin with but then I began having trouble raising and lowering the lift in open air. Glad to know it's not just me.

Yes!
I've been suffering from this on the PC release. Thought it was just my bad positioning skills to begin with but then I began having trouble raising and lowering the lift in open air. Glad to know it's not just me.
Yeah, it's in the dumbest spots too. Like right in the middle of a warehouse with nothing by me.

Yes!
Yes, I had this bug on PS4 too. Another thing I noticed is that the last delivered crate always disappears from inside the warehouse after a cut-scene or change of shift etc .

Just got stuck in the cassette music menu...

Went to play a song, song didn't play, and now I can't back out. My only hope is to hope it thinks music is playing and the battery dies, or it backs me out at 11:30

If I have to redo work day 5 because of this I'm gonna cry.

Edit: waiting til 11:30pm fixed it. It forced me home into the cutscene to save Nozomi.
Annoying but at least it booted me out.

Last edited:
Okay... I'm on a streak.

As soon as I go to borrow the motorcycle, the game completely crashed.

Error: CE-34878-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back