Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

I had the problem too after beating Shenmue II it was not continuing after final save. I could save but nothing else happens. No back to main menu. In Shenmue I there was no problem. PC-Version. (Sorry for my english ;-) )

This is the original post for PS083 in the first forum

Title: Shenmue II - During Lucky Hit part-time job right analog stick is used for looking around
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Reproduction rate: 10/10
Category: Controls
Priority: Low
Observed Result: During Lucky Hit part-time job you can only use right analog stick to look around.
Expected Result: Looking around should be mapped to left analog stick.
Reproduction Steps: Start Lucky Hit part-time job and try to look around with left analog and then right analog stick.

So basically player cannot look around and invite (call on) people to play at same time because right tumb is used for looking not for pressing call button."

I was also a bit confused at the beginning but when you press OPTIONS you see an explanation that inviting people is now also possible with the R button, which again makes it possible and comfortable to look and invite at the same time. So this seems to be a change of controls on purpose and the new scheme works also fine I would say (once you get used to it as old player). So PS083 is "fixed".

EDIT I tried it out again and don't get the R2 button option. It is used for zooming. Sorry maybe I confused it with the part of catching the leaves. At one of those two I got the R2 button option yesterday as compensation for the direction being mapped to right analogue stick.

Last edited:
PS047, PS072 and PS004 are all the same bug I guess. Should it be closed and summarized in a big single ticket for missing sound?

Title: Engine/jackhammer background noise around Tom's Hot Dog/Uokichi fish market (daytime)
Platform: PS4 (S1)
Title Version: 1.02
Category: Audio
Frequency: often
Priority: Low
Reproduction: During daytime run around in Dobuita especially around Tom's hot dog truck and the nearby fish seller Uokichi. There is a weird background sound like from an engine or a far away jackhammer, even if there is no scooter or bike around. Error reproduction doesn't work always though.
Observed Result: Broken background sound
Expected Result: No sound

Does anyone else observe it?

PS047, PS072 and PS004 are all the same bug I guess. Should it be closed and summarized in a big single ticket for missing sound?

This is widespread issue of Shenmue 1 so it could be combined to one bug report I think. I hope it will be fixed in next patch. It is quite obvious issue.

This is widespread issue of Shenmue 1 so it could be combined to one bug report I think. I hope it will be fixed in next patch. It is quite obvious issue.
I think that if they are not fixed I will let them as they are now and closed once they fix it. The difficult thing here is that we are doing it on our own, so it is difficult to keep tracl of similar behaviour if they have been reported with days between them. For instance the 1st person one I think it is 3 times on the list (it is now fixed, right), I will update the post today or tomorrow.

And did anybody actively send them the list or message them that it is here?
I'm sure people have made them aware, but the point of this thread was never to act as any official resource. It's just a community effort so we can publicly and independently keep track of the game's current state.

SEGA or d3t are welcome to make use of it should they find it a useful resource, but we didn't create this bugtracker exlusively for them.

For instance the 1st person one I think it is 3 times on the list (it is now fixed, right), I will update the post today or tomorrow.

Yeah, I reported this bug after it was already reported (I didn't notice). I cannot check if it is fixed because I don't have save for it. It looks like it is fixed according to what Jason wrote.

Not sure if it's a bug, or was on the original release - talk to Joy after meeting Zhu in the Ghost Hall Building. She's inside the hideout with Ren.

The subtitles don't seem to match the dialogue from Ryo. The subs say 'I can't face my father' when responding to why he's so hell-bent on putting himself in danger. What he actually says is 'my father would be disappointed in me if I didn't'.

Interesting, nonetheless.

I'm finally back to working my way though Shenmue II, and I'm surprised this one hasn't been documented yet... Literally, how did someone not document this yet? I feel like I must be missing something obvious that someone hasn't seen this, but... here goes.

Title: No subtitles when placing your bet in "Big or Small"
Platform: PS4 (All)
Title Version: v1.02
Category: Gameplay
Priority: Medium
Reproduction Steps: Go to any gambling area with Big or Small and play it.
Observed Result: When selecting your bet, the board is in Japanese. This is normal. What isn't normal is that the selected space on the board has no subtitle under it, so unless you've got the spaces memorized or read Japanese you have no idea what the space you just placed your bet on is.
Expected Result: The original game displayed a subtitle showing what the space you had selected is.

I basically forgot that the left side was Big and the Right side was small and lost several times in a row before I realized what was wrong. ?

I haven't been on here in a while and was curios to see if people were still playing this game.. I guess you all have a lot more patience and understanding than I do , because this port should be embarrassing to d3t. And Sega's as well. At the end of the day, this is Sega's ip . I understand to many, this is the only version they have and I am sincere in saying I hope you enjoy this version of Shenmue. For me personally, I am not going to spend time and effort in reporting bugs and "work" towards getting this game to work. Thats the job of the devs. I paid my money and expect a fully polished product .This port will only serve as a coaster. Its not future proof. Thankfully I still have the original's. Sorry to rant guys, but as an old school Sega and Shenmue fan, I am disgusted with this port. Hopefully Sega wont use this joke of a developer on a future port or remaster cause I wont buy anything with the name of d3t again. Im trading my copy in. Too bad they got my money. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Again , I don't mean to antagonize anyone here just venting.

Again , I don't mean to antagonize anyone here just venting.

Which you could do in any other thread but this one, the one that's explicitly not for general discussion about the state of the game. :p

Please don't use this thread for general discussion about the state of the game or make unhelpful comments. There are other threads better suited to that kind of discussion which you are welcome to use.

Thanks guys!

#7 post in the thread.

We've made it clear a number of times that this thread is not for venting or general chat. Technical discussion and reports only. Anything else belongs in a different thread.

From this point on, warnings will be issued for misuse of this thread.

Back