Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

probably been posted here but in shenmue1 on ps4, if your using the forklift and put the game on pause for a short amount of time, the background music/sounds in game, go mute. - the background sound/music comes back if you play a music tape from your inventory for a short time.

not really a big deal but i can also see npc's through the notepad at the harbor (shenmue1-ps4)

Attachments

• IMG_2222.JPG
    IMG_2222.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just an update on the new years jingle.
I ran through the game on demul to new years to record/check them. The jingles are the same to the port.
I used the latest demul with a rip of shenmue in the cdi format, couldn't find a gdi rip.
Only question is does demul emulate the sound right? To me it seems to be fine in the port with this comparisson. The check is dependant on how accurate demul is at emulating dreamcast sounds, but from my reading up it's know to be the best at emulating the dreamcast soundchip.
DEMUL: PORT: I just need to check the x-mas jingles next to see if the reverb/sound is the same to ports.

Here we go again! Another day, another bunch of bugs to report. Hooray for D3T's QA-department.

Title: Shenmue 2 Wise Men's Qr. Daytime Music sounds off

Platform: PS4

Title Version: 1.02

Category: Audio

Priority: High. You have to enter that specific quarter of the city many times and it sounds absolutely terrible and takes you out of the game.

Reproduction Go to Wise Mens Quarter during daytime. Listen to the music.

Observed Result: The music sounds terribly off. Compare it to the Dreamcast original.

Expected Result: The music should sound as good as it did on Dreamcast.
Are you talking about reverb and stuff, or just the song in general? It sounded fine to me. I believe that track in particular is supposed to sound a little different, because that's how it is on the Xbox version. And in that case I wouldn't hold my breath on them "fixing" it.

Title: Broken crackling sound in front of Ajiichi restaurant
Platform: PS4 (S1)
Category: Audio
Frequency: always
Priority: Low
Reproduction: Keep standing directly in front of Ajiichi restaurant for a moment
Observed Result: A loop a broken sounds will start.
Expected Result: No broken sound

(Maybe someone else can also confirm it?)
I assumed
Are you talking about reverb and stuff, or just the song in general? It sounded fine to me. I believe that track in particular is supposed to sound a little different, because that's how it is on the Xbox version. And in that case I wouldn't hold my breath on them "fixing" it.
The reverb seems mostly fixed since the last patch. The problem now is that tracks are off pitch compared to the original. The Wise Man's Quarter is off pitch; its not that obvious but if you compare it with the original you will notice. The Xbox versions sounded different at times but never off pitch. The Da Yuan Apartments is the most clear example. It sounds horrid while other tracks just sound a bit off. This needs fixing; once it is the collection can be finally accepted as a worthy upgrade of the original.

I assumed

The reverb seems mostly fixed since the last patch. The problem now is that tracks are off pitch compared to the original. The Wise Man's Quarter is off pitch; its not that obvious but if you compare it with the original you will notice. The Xbox versions sounded different at times but never off pitch. The Da Yuan Apartments is the most clear example. It sounds horrid while other tracks just sound a bit off. This needs fixing; once it is the collection can be finally accepted as a worthy upgrade of the original.
Ah, ok. One song that bothers me a lot is the antique store, yuck.

Re-release (It's timestamped)

DC/Xbox

Yes the music in Shenmue 2 is definitely not ok at this point. They should systematically go through every song again and compare it to the original. A lot of the songs are off pitch at some point.

@Kyo_JP The hint for splitting up the tickets is placed at PS008 in the bug list currently. Are you aware that it is PS009 to which the note applies?
I realized after updating, but I am waiting to do the big edit today or tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder

Here are the Christmas jingles for compare.
I updated PS100 to show this in observed and expected result.

A lot stuff moved to Fixed today, I will try to reproduce some of the remaining on PS4 this week. Also, has anybody on the PC side of things if latest beta patch (1.04) addresses some of the PC reported issues? According to D3T list it should

I got both of the Mr. Yukawa figures in my last playthrough of Shenmue I and when I transferred the save to Shenmue II I noticed they were no longer in my collection. Why? Is it a bug or did they do that on purpose just like the cassette player/tapes disappearing.

Title: Inverted Controls in Space Harrier Arcade Game in Shenmue 2

Platform: Playstation 4

Category: Gameplay

Priority: Medium

Reproduction Steps: Enter Pine Arcade at any time and select the Space Harrier arcade cabinet for any Hong Kong dollar amount and start playing Space Harrier. Also, selecting Space Harrier from the Mini Games menu in the main menu.

Observed Results: When controlling the character in Space Harrier pressing left and right on the d-pad and the left analog stick has the character move left and right as intended. When pressing up or down on the d-pad or the left analog stick character moves in the inverse direction. Character will move up when pressing down on d-pad or left analog stick and character will move down when pressing up on the d-pad or left analog stick.

Attempts: 5/5 times Issue persists every single time.

Expected Result: When playing the Space Harrier minigame either from the arcade or the minigames menu, pressing up on the d-pad or left analog stick should move said character up and pressing down on d-pad or left analog stick should move the character down.

Title: Inverted Controls in Space Harrier Arcade Game in Shenmue 2

Platform: Playstation 4

Category: Gameplay

Priority: Medium

Reproduction Steps: Enter Pine Arcade at any time and select the Space Harrier arcade cabinet for any Hong Kong dollar amount and start playing Space Harrier. Also, selecting Space Harrier from the Mini Games menu in the main menu.

Observed Results: When controlling the character in Space Harrier pressing left and right on the d-pad and the left analog stick has the character move left and right as intended. When pressing up or down on the d-pad or the left analog stick character moves in the inverse direction. Character will move up when pressing down on d-pad or left analog stick and character will move down when pressing up on the d-pad or left analog stick.

Attempts: 5/5 times Issue persists every single time.

Expected Result: When playing the Space Harrier minigame either from the arcade or the minigames menu, pressing up on the d-pad or left analog stick should move said character up and pressing down on d-pad or left analog stick should move the character down.
Please try this, same bahaviur was observed in the PC version

PC017 Forced inverted controls in Space Harrier (Fixed) > Settings can be changed while paused

I got both of the Mr. Yukawa figures in my last playthrough of Shenmue I and when I transferred the save to Shenmue II I noticed they were no longer in my collection. Why? Is it a bug or did they do that on purpose just like the cassette player/tapes disappearing.

The Mr. Yukawa figures have never been in Shenmue II, just like the four rare console figures. I don't know why, but that's how it's been since 2001.

Does someone triggered the cutscene "Friendly Persuasion" where Fuku-san calls to Yokosuka bar and then you go home to meet your two friends?I did everything according to guide, but it dont trigger for me

Does someone triggered the cutscene "Friendly Persuasion" where Fuku-san calls to Yokosuka bar and then you go home to meet your two friends?I did everything according to guide, but it dont trigger for me
Yeah it worked for me. Not sure which guide you are using but it's pretty easy to trigger. The very night after nozomi calls, walk into yokosuka bar after 7pm and it will trigger so long as you don't yet have the sword handguard...

Please try this, same bahaviur was observed in the PC version

PC017 Forced inverted controls in Space Harrier (Fixed) > Settings can be changed while paused

Unfortunately yes, whilst the settings have been indeed given an in game option to invert them back, there is still 2 issues:

Analogue stick auto centers the character when not not being held in any direction. (You could say the original controls are like this, which they are. So in theory, it's not a bug at all)

Using the d-pad eliminates the auto center, but instead of moving pixel by pixel accurate, there is drag. Like if I tap left very quickly, you would expect the character to move a teeny bit, but he continues to move after you have tapped it. It's like a delay to you releasing whatever direction you tap the d-pad in.

Don't know if that makes sense in this post, but if you play it you will know exactly what I mean. It doesn't break the game, or even make completing it impossible, it just makes it even more difficult to complete a game that was already on insane levels of difficult.

Yeah it worked for me. Not sure which guide you are using but it's pretty easy to trigger. The very night after nozomi calls, walk into yokosuka bar after 7pm and it will trigger so long as you don't yet have the sword handguard...
Oh, there was no mention in my guide about handguard, so during daytime I completed Phoenix mirror part completely and it didn't trigger, glad it's not a bug.

Back