Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

Which other two buttons?
X and square, if I’m not mistaken. I think technically the back button should be pressed slightly before the other two buttons (x and square should be pressed at exactly the same time), but there should be minimal delay between the inputs (so effectively press back and then immediately after press the other two buttons). I could be wrong, but I’ve never had an issue with this in ten plus playthroughs on DC, PC and PS4.

Title: No prize for Space Harrier

Platform: PC

Title Version: Latest Steam 1.07 I believe

Category: Mechanics / Gameplay

Priority: High for Collectors / 100%

Reproduction Steps: Get 10 Mil points and/or Beat the arcade Space harrier game with 1 Credit Done 3 times legitimately, and several more cheating infinite lives for ease of reproduction.

Observed Result: No prize is being given.

Expected Result: A prize is supposed to be given at 10 Mil points and another for beating the game with 1 credit.

Title: No prize for Space Harrier

Title Version: Latest Steam 1.07 I believe

Category: Mechanics / Gameplay

Priority: High for Collectors / 100%

Reproduction Steps: Get 10 Mil points and/or Beat the arcade Space harrier game with 1 Credit Done 3 times legitimately, and several more cheating infinite lives for ease of reproduction.

Observed Result: No prize is being given.

Expected Result: A prize is supposed to be given at 10 Mil points and another for beating the game with 1 credit.

Are you playing on Shenmue or Shenmue II? Do you already have the prizes? In Shenmue you can only earn them once.

I wonder if we can expect future patches.

Title: Shenmue I Steam - Totally Opaque Leaf, Bush, and Fence Textures

Title Version: Latest Steam 1.07

Category: Graphics, Textures

Description: In Shenmue I on PC, nearly every single texture that is supposed to feature a transparent background instead features a solid, totally opaque background that is usually black but I have seen some white backgrounds on plant textures as well. This in effect makes every tree and plant (as well as many fences) look really ugly and has the added effect of making the horizon look like a solid wall.

I'm including an image so people can see what I mean. I had already installed Special K and a HD Texture Mod to see if that might do anything to solve the issue but it unfortunately did not (JSYK the included screenshot is with mods, but the problem presented exactly the same way unmodded). I'm reinstalling the game now but I wanted to know if anyone else has had or knows of this issue or if there are any known fixes.

I'm using an Intel UHD 620 Integrated graphics card with the newest drivers.

Shenmue I 2019-10-07 4_08_47 PM.png

I'm using an Intel UHD 620 Integrated graphics card with the newest drivers.
Shenmue I & II doesn't play nicely with integrated graphics cards from what I recall. Well the half that's the original game anyway, I heard Shenmue II doesn't have issues (or at least not as drastic).

Is there anything at all you think I can try in order to fix it or am I pretty much going to have to live with it if I want to play this game?

After completing Shenmue I and II on the PS4, my overall thoughts was it wasn't a bad port at all but maybe a bit lazy? I played it later after it was released so I think I was lucky enough not to encounter the bugs when it was released. There was an update from what I remember? I wasn't expecting the games on the PS4 to be any better or different from the originals but they really were just ports for new fans. Oh and what happened to some of the music in Shenmue I? Shenmue 2 was much better though.

I brought an Xbox a while ago and while at my mum's house, I noticed there was a Shenmue 2 file on it so I decided to play it (would have preferred to play Shenmue 3 though) but I had to have a completed Shenmue 2 file on the Xbox. Shenmue 2 will always be a dreamcast and xbox game. It belongs on those consoles.

I doubt this is a bug, but I don't remember if it happened or not in the original version. But when you're trying to find out about the Wulinshu the first day after airing out books, it doesn't let you leave the Wise Men's Qtr, even after you have already found out that the Wulinshu is in the Man Mo Temple library. It forces you to use the "Wait" function, instead of allowing you to spend that time doing other activities.

Pretty lame and anti-Shenmue.

I doubt this is a bug, but I don't remember if it happened or not in the original version. But when you're trying to find out about the Wulinshu the first day after airing out books, it doesn't let you leave the Wise Men's Qtr, even after you have already found out that the Wulinshu is in the Man Mo Temple library. It forces you to use the "Wait" function, instead of allowing you to spend that time doing other activities..

Happened in the originals. It's definitely the most disappointing part of the game for me (although it's a problem that's easily solved with the map glitch...)

Right, now I'm really pissed at the re-releases.

For the last couple of weeks I've been doing my full playthrough. Shenmue crashed three times in total, as well as having the general weirdness like Ryo's jacket turning into a cape occasionally.

Today I started Shenmue II. After the first day, I saved the game. A few minutes later, the game proceeded to crash, so I went to load the save and... it wasn't there. Despite having definitely saved (the Twitch VOD confirms it), the game decided to keep my old save file instead and not tell me.

Trying to make up for lost time, the scene where Ailian confesses her love wouldn't trigger. And this isn't "I wasn't trying long enough", it was literally a full 30 minutes of repeatedly getting readings with zero result.

Fuck the re-releases.

I'm attempting to do a Steam playthrough now, and every two or three times I change the resolution while trying to find the best one for my setup, the game freezes. On Shenmue I now. I can't even alt+F4 out of it. Have to wait until it crashes fully, which it does every time.

Has there been any talk at all about a fan patch being made for the re-releases on PC? I imagine if there ever is one, it's probably a ways off but, I'm just curious if this has even been thought about yet.

Back