Shenmue I&II official release date in Japan (22.NOV / limited edition)

That's great looking box art and it's great that it comes with the soundtrack but I wouldn't be able to justify the $85 cost when I can get the collection for $30 locally and I have the digital soundtrack coming from being a backer. That said, would one of you that ordered this and plan to open it be willing to copy the soundtrack over to the media portion of the site for those of us that love the music? I'm not sure what all will be on the digital soundtrack for backers beyond music from the first two games.

Incredible for those wanting to add this version to their collection though.

I'm guessing Japan is getting this collector's edition due to the later release?

BTW... really happy to see the PS4 version showcased in the new trailer.

Ordered!!!!
And Sega Japan suddenly appears to complete redemption with this LE!
Ordering from many places here in Japan physical retailers now!

pre-order placed!

eU5jhZw.png

Oh. My. GAAAWWWWD!!!! :love::love::love:

If you ordered it from Amazon JP do they charge you right away or they wait until shipment like European Amazon?

If you ordered it from Amazon JP do they charge you right away or they wait until shipment like European Amazon?

I've never ordered outside of my local Amazon, but I would imagine that as a global company they would have the same policies across the board.... er... globe.

I am officially the first person in all of Japan to pre-order the LE from the mass retailer BIC Camera of Japan. I’m talking they had to physically call the HQ in Tokyo for the SKU to input in the system so that the preorder would generate for me.
The lady who helped me was calling everyone for me. She was such a trooper. I am the biggest otaku in Japan right now. Hold my neon lights guys.

Saw this and preordered within a femtosecond.

Those who managed to order from Japan, did you have to create a new Japanese amazon account? Or can you log in with an existing account? 100% going to order this when I get home!

Those who managed to order from Japan, did you have to create a new Japanese amazon account? Or can you log in with an existing account? 100% going to order this when I get home!

It looks like you need to create a .co.jp account and click on the link for shipping address outside of Japan. Seems fairly straightforward.

I am officially the first person in all of Japan to pre-order the LE from the mass retailer BIC Camera of Japan. I’m talking they had to physically call the HQ in Tokyo for the SKU to input in the system so that the preorder would generate for me.
The lady who helped me was calling everyone for me. She was such a trooper. I am the biggest otaku in Japan right now. Hold my neon lights guys.
That's dedication. Hopefully more fans in Japan is buying the game. Not just us on the forum.

Also, PS4 QTEs in that trailer. I imagine it's due to the fact it's PS4 exclusive in Japan. Although it looks to me like it's just an overlaid image lol

c1ff7690e0.png

PS4 coloured layout too:
aece3edd84.png

The whole Japanese version of the trailer is a bit of a weird one. A lot of the sound effects seem different as well as extra ambience being added.

The x button is definitely an overlay - it doesn't blink like a normal QTE button, it's just been slapped over the top!

Back