Shenmue I&II official release date in Japan (22.NOV / limited edition)

I'm assuming these will all be the original versions and not the digital versions from the game. I hope so. We got to hear several of them in Shenmue Online's OST but not all of these.

Aloha folks, I have only lurked here before but just made an account to say I did my part and ordered this thing. #1 on Amazon.jp thanks to mass foreign orders :p

Ive already pre-ordered the US release and contributed by 250$ limited Shenmue III tier so I'm prob not ordering more than 1 though.

Okay... I got one... I can't resist the chance of an official soundtrack selection to Shenmue II - Which I am guessing is the first of its kind?

Does anyone know if the Japanese version will have Englihs voice acting or text?

Last edited:
Please forgive this noob question, but I really would like to know:
Does this "Limited Edition" mean after this first publishing, they will never again put this exact same product on the market?
In other words, can someone describe exactly what is "limited" about this item?

Does anyone know if the Japanese version will have Englihs voice acting or text?
According to Koralik it should have all the same optons as the western release...

Does this "Limited Edition" mean after this first publishing, they will never again put this exact same product on the market?
Yes, that's exactly what it means...

the box itself and the soundtrack is exclusive / limited. so i think once they are gone - they are gone forever.
the game in the box is just the normal version.

the box itself and the soundtrack is exclusive / limited. so i think once they are gone - they are gone.
the game in the box is just the normal version.
Yeah, I think it would a chance for a Steelbook Edition with this release would have been awesome though - Still content with the dual soundtrack

I feel like getting another limited edition but I can't afford it now. Do they withdraw the money from your bank account once you place the preorder?

I'm kind of surprised Sega West didn't come up with a limited edition considering all the nice LE's they've been doing for other games in recent years. I suppose they didn't have it in the budget, but when Sega Japan saw how well it was selling they still had time and money to cook this up.

If I order from Play-Asia and get the basic postage (Economy Air Box) - will it arrive okay or will I get custom issues? Because when I select Economy, it increases by £11.18 ontop of the £7.76 - Which seems a lot.

I'm kind of surprised Sega West didn't come up with a limited edition considering all the nice LE's they've been doing for other games in recent years. I suppose they didn't have it in the budget, but when Sega Japan saw how well it was selling they still had time and money to cook this up.

SEGA won't notice a trend until they're drowning in it. They probably weren't convinced of high enough demand, or thought the release date had to be set for a specific slot so rushed release.

Is playasia like amazon where they take payment for the product when they dispatch it or do you have to pay now?

For Play-Asia there is a hold put on the funds, but for Amazon no charge until it ships.
Amazon was where I preordered my first copy I think I'm just buyin one because I already have it preorder digital and physical the US version.

this Shenmue Limited Edition reminds me of the game Nioh.
they have a physical Limited / Gold Edition for this game in Japan with all the DLC's included + Soundtrack and guide
but this version does not exist in the west - and its exactly the same thing,
most of the buyership comes from outside of Japan. so why is it Japan only? i dont know.

Back