Shenmue I&II official release date in Japan (22.NOV / limited edition)

Amazon was where I preordered my first copy I think I'm just buyin one because I already have it preorder digital and physical the US version.
You really only need one. If you got extra coins to spare and want to support the series just get a bunch of the regular versions and pass them out to friends. Doesn't really help us to hog up a bunch of the limited editions so other fans can't enjoy them...

Quick question. What's the difference between the two limited editions that are ranked 1 and 2 on Amazon Japan? I ordered the first one

So, based on your experience(s) would you guys recommend:

1) Going through Amazon JP directly?
2) Using Play-Asia?

(I live in the US)

i am just really happy about the new soundtrack CDs.
it makes the possibility of the complete Soundtrack released someday (potentially next year for anniversary) more real than ever.

Count me in now, I've ordered two copies from Play-Asia.

I can't believe I haven't mentioned how awesome I find it that we're finally getting a Shenmue II OST CD from this, wich makes the Limited Edition sooo worth it. Also, does anyone think that this release date should've been the global one? It's much closer to the originals release and rather more fitting as the "Shenmue season".

Nah i prefier august. November season would be deadly for shenmue in the west with so many releases. Yeah its more fitting ig but i rather the game succeed more.

Nice, I just ordered on LE on Amazon.jp too.
Do we have any idea if the Japanese version includes the English subtitles? If that’s the case I’d cancel my preorder for the regular western version. I could even use that money to upgrade to the 250$ tier for the physical OST for the third one.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found Adam Koraliks tweet about that question. Apparently, it includes both English and Japanese options.

So, based on your experience(s) would you guys recommend:

1) Going through Amazon JP directly?
2) Using Play-Asia?

(I live in the US)
I have ordered Japanese games from both places in the past, both are good options. I will say that at least for me, Amazon.co.jp was only providing one shipping option to the US and it's very reasonably priced (under $10 after conversion, 4 to 6 days for delivery.).

Play-Asia offers multiple shipping options, but the cheaper ones (closer to Amazon's pricing) are all slow and will take over a week. I paid $26 USD shipping for overnight shipping on a game there once and it arrived on release date. Oh, and they also have the advantage of charging you in USD automatically, so you don't need to worry about conversion rates affecting the price you pay, you know exactly what you'll pay when you order.

In other words, in my opinion it comes down to how fast you want it. If you want it as quickly as possible and are willing to pay extra for that, use Play-Asia. If getting it 4 to 6 days after release is fine and you don't mind saving some money in the process, use Amazon. I personally ordered this from Amazon because nobody had posted the Play-Asia links yet when I ordered, and since it's double dipping I don't have the same urgency as getting the US version at launch.

Last edited:
Nice, I just ordered on LE on Amazon.jp too.
Do we have any idea if the Japanese version includes the English subtitles? If that’s the case I’d cancel my preorder for the regular western version. I could even use that money to upgrade to the 250$ tier for the physical OST for the third one.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found Adam Koraliks tweet about that question. Apparently, it includes both English and Japanese options.

That's good to hear. Bad for Sega of America though. Welcome to the ranks of the $250 club.

Count me in now, I've ordered two copies from Play-Asia.

I can't believe I haven't mentioned how awesome I find it that we're finally getting a Shenmue II OST CD from this, wich makes the Limited Edition sooo worth it. Also, does anyone think that this release date should've been the global one? It's much closer to the originals release and rather more fitting as the "Shenmue season".

I agree with this, Shenmue for me is a thing of December and New Years. The Christmas night I was marathoning through the game in 1999 was probably the highlight of my life as a gamer. Its hard for me to differentiate the games from the time and place they first came to prominence.

I have ordered Japanese games from both places in the past, both are good options. I will say that at least for me, Amazon.co.jp was only providing one shipping option to the US and it's very reasonably priced (under $10 after conversion, 4 to 6 days for delivery.).

I normally receive items from Amazon. jp in about 2-3 days, living in northeast USA.

Last edited:
Any one care to write a quick step by step guide for using amazon global for the LE from japan to US and japan to UK? I think it would help a bunch of people out alot, and im having trouble figuring out how to order it from the States.

Any one care to write a quick step by step guide for using amazon global for the LE from japan to US and japan to UK? I think it would help a bunch of people out alot, and im having trouble figuring out how to order it from the States.
Did you try using google chrome's page translate feature? it was pretty easy for me to order the game using it.

Did you try using google chrome's page translate feature? it was pretty easy for me to order the game using it.
and he can also change the language from the far bottom of the front page.

Amazon Japan is fully available in English, minus the product descriptions. I had no issue ordering, I hope this direct link works. Otherwise just google “amazon jp english”, it’s the first link in my search results.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

That's good to hear. Bad for Sega of America though. Welcome the ranks of the $250 club.

Thanks man. I was already a 175$ backer for the artbook, but owning the physical OST for all 3 games was a good argument to upgrade ^^. It’s bad for Sega of Europe actually, but they are as clueless as the American branch.

I normally receive items from Amazon. jp in about 2-3 days, living in northeast USA.
Good to know. I was just going by what the website quoted when I placed the order. The last time I ordered a PS4 game from Amazon JP was in 2016, it shipped on a Wednesday and arrived the following Monday. Weekend could have impacted that, but still it was very quick!

Back