Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

I don't know why people say it's an old build. I mean the patch placement is fairly new. And a lot of NPC faces have been changed and improved. It's also newer than the TGS build in b-roll footage. (patch placement again).

Managed to play one in game day before leaving for work....amazing absolutely amazing. I don't know what to say... Just holy shit... I'll need the rest of my work day to formulate my thoughts.. I'll be back!

..I ...just... WTF is happening.. I'm afraid this is all a dream.

Last edited:
I don't know why people say it's an old build. I mean the patch placement is fairly new. And a lot of NPC faces have been changed and improved. It's also newer than the TGS build in b-roll footage. (patch placement again).

It's hard to say honestly.

To be fair, no one but YSNET know for sure.

All I know is that whatever build this is, it looks nicer than I expected running on my PC in person.

Shenmue III   27_09_2019 09_51_24.png

Having played the demo my thoughts:
The colour in the game is amazing. There's no game out there that has the colours that this game does.
Fighting: Takes some getting used to, the animations are basic but those are my only criticisms. Once getting into it you feel rewarded for your timing (it's all about good timing) the moves have impact and looks nice. It might be just me but after training lots the moves definitely carry more weight to them. Double blow flattens people too if timed right.
Bailu is stunning
Lip Sync for the English is good. Japanese is better. I could play either dub happily. VO are good
Some NPC's need a little finishing but it's a demo so who cares.
Training games are fun, if not slightly easy IMO.
Turtle racing is great.
The crosshairs for the look mode don't bother me but I hope there's an option to turn it off for those who wish.

Overall this is Shenmue! YSNET has delivered a fucking miracle here. $12million max budget and game with such depth and feel is something else. It drew me in instantly. I find it hard to lose myself in games these days but Shenmue III has that pull. My phone was going mental so I threw it out the room because it was distracting me.

Unreal!

It's hard to say honestly.

To be fair, no one but YSNET know for sure.

All I know is that whatever build this is, it looks nicer than I expected running on my PC in person.

There is the possibility they incerted the newer character models into the old build, as his coat also seems closer to the newer builds. However the environments, and such are definitely older.

I reckon my work computer would run it, but I also bet my IT department has a block on any attempts to install third party software...

I'll check my wife's laptop specs when I get home, but if it's a no go I'm more than happy to pass my code on to someone here. @Spaghetti is there a process in place? Is it best to PM you?

It's fairly easy to see. At worst, the last update date to some assets is August 21st.
The build itself is timed at September 25th.
It's right in the "build" text file.

To be fair, I'm not data mining. So I have no real clue personally.

All I noticed is that the mouths seemed more articulate in the TGS B Roll footage then they do here so I assumed that might be the latest build then. But I don't know...I'm not data mining. All I know is the build I'm playing looks great while playing it.

Video finished uploading to Youtube...will post link shortly. Then I'm diving right back in.

To be fair, I'm not data mining.

All I noticed is that the mouths seemed more articulate in the TGS B Roll footage then they do here so I assumed that might be the latest build then. But I don't know...I'm not data mining. All I know is the build I'm playing looks great while playing it.
TBF that could just be the file that came from them generating the build to go live. There's a mix of assets there for me and I'm sure the Gamescom build was v.90 but someone will be able to confirm for me.

Back