Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

My last "complaint" if you will was the lip synching, which looked pretty bad in the E3/Gamescom footage. However, it looks like it's greatly improved in the demo. I'm really amazed by how far this has come since the "1st Teaser" in 2017 which looked like hot garbage.

Never doubt Yu Suzuki :cool:

I can't belive there was a time I was afraid this would turn out bad/mediocre... Because this is fuckin' awesome.

A dedicated code exchange thread is open! If you've recently offered/requested a code, make sure you're on this list in this thread:

White Tiger is kicking my ass. Maybe I need to go read that playguide PDF. Is there a guard meter? I'm not sure how guarding works in fights. It looks like there is a guard meter that depletes if you hold it down allowing the enemy to break through and attack you.

Also, I've noticed this game plays way more like a fighting game than a brawler. I really didn't expect it to have as much depth as it has. A lot of frame data and a lot of "jabs beat certain big moves on block"...there is block recovery...there is actual tact to these fights. I'll be damned, this is actually pretty damn good the more you dig into it.

I wish it did a better job explaining the fighting system in game because it really seems that there is some depth to it. You got to time out attacks, guard, jab, evade and really methodically plan your attacks. I'm digging this, but I'm not entirely sure I get guarding. Will go and read the PDF and see if that has anything to say about it. I wish they had explained it a little better in this demo.

Anyways three more images before I call it a night! I absolutely adore this games use of colour!

EDIT: (reads PDF) OH THAT WAS A GUARD METER! I THOUGHT IT WAS! No wonder why White Tiger was constantly breaking through my guard! I had a feeling that's what it was. So you can't just rely on holding guard, you do have to evade and keep distance. Okay, that makes more sense. I'll try it out again tomorrow now that I fully get it!

I really wonder how people will react to this fighting system? Because it seems the more you put into it, the more it reveals itself. I really am curious how the reviews are going to go for this now. Before this demo, I wasn't sure, but after playing it, I'm now all the more curious to see how critics respond to it.

Shenmue III   28_09_2019 2_10_26 AM.pngShenmue III   28_09_2019 2_10_49 AM.pngShenmue III   28_09_2019 2_11_11 AM.png

Last edited:
@danielmann861 beautiful screens but please take screenshots with Ryo’s jacket. It’s sacrilegious to have these beautiful vistas captured and Ryo not be in his default attire.

I don't know, I think he looks kind of cool with just the white shirt...very Sega Saturn beta Ryo ;)

(I'll probably keep the jacket on in the final game :D it's nice, but definitely weird to see him without it )

Just reading through the comments and could not be happier. It's like a launch day we have been waiting on for so long.

Can i ask, has no one else gotten rain yet? I mean i got it in my first playthrough and the textures on Ryo's jacket, the ground... ohly shit!

But, no one at all has seemed to metion it.

Just reading through the comments and could not be happier. It's like a launch day we have been waiting on for so long.

Can i ask, has no one else gotten rain yet? I mean i got it in my first playthrough and the textures on Ryo's jacket, the ground... ohly shit!

I got a cloudy day my first playthrough but no rain. So jealous.

I got a light drizzle in my first play through, but it wasn’t as heavy as you got in the stream. I’ve played through the demo three times now and only seen light rain that first time. Will keep an eye out for it when i go back to it tomorrow

Are we all going to pretend that this never happened? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

eS4mtoo.png

Are we all going to pretend that this never happened? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

eS4mtoo.png

Shit! I didn’t notice how drastically changed it was. I knew he looked better, but damn, didn’t realise it was that much of a difference until just now seeing them side by side. I knew he looked better but damn!

Back