Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

Looking forward to John's Digital Foundry video on the demo. I'm expecting a relatively positive assessment because, unlike your average Joe gamer, he's well aware of the constraints the team had to work within. However, from his Twitter comments I think he'll have some harsh things to say about the characters models and facial animations. He mentioned the eyes in particular and how they aren't shaded correctly.

My only concern with the game is those red circles when approaching an interactive item. It alterates Shenmue FREE spirit too much to me.
Finger crossed menu option will allow to turn it off. ?

Looking forward to John's Digital Foundry video on the demo. I'm expecting a relatively positive assessment because, unlike your average Joe gamer, he's well aware of the constraints the team had to work within. However, from his Twitter comments I think he'll have some harsh things to say about the characters models and facial animations. He mentioned the eyes in particular and how they aren't shaded correctly.

By the way: In the flickering light of the fire at Joy Park in the evening hours Ryo's eyes look very impressive!

lol. Worst game of lucky hit I ever had was in the Dural Room, I almost, almost managed to score the Gold Dural but at the last nail it just bounced out of the area and I lost. Bah, after that I just spammed capsule toy dispensers until I finally got one!

Some cool talk about the Shenmue 3 trial on Easy Allies Frame Trap. Actually cool to hear Hubers thoughts on the combat change based on his time with the trial VS the E3 demo. Glad to hear people are digging the combat more now. I've still stayed relatively in the dark on the trial, as I'd love to try and experience it mainly fresh when the game launches next month.

FINALLY got around to playing the demo. I love it. It’s like catching up with a friend you haven’t seen in years, and instead of just reminiscing about the old times, you tackle something new.

Ryo’s walking animation, while could still use improvement, doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it did when the first gameplay footage came out. I don’t have a huge issue with the running animation either. And I’m happy as all hell that he’s got a stair climbing animation (a pet peeve of mine when it comes to games).

Fighting will take some getting used to, but I’m enjoying it. And I really dig the training. I could do horse stance and one-inch punch for hours.

Lastly, the atmosphere is SPOT ON. Everything is so tranquil. I love this game already.

I'm currently looking to buy a gaming laptop that has a Gtx 1660 ti gpu. Will this good enough for Shenmue 3. What type of gpu do you guys have? Did you hit 60fps on 1080p?

Eye shaders were the last thing the Lan Di model received, so I'd imagine, as far as NPC's go, they will be one of the last things to be done before the 1.00 version (y)

I'm currently looking to buy a gaming laptop that has a Gtx 1660 ti gpu. Will this good enough for Shenmue 3. What type of gpu do you guys have? Did you hit 60fps on 1080p?
You should have no problem at 1080p. I got the desktop GTX 1660. The demo is a 100% solid 60fps at very-high.

Last edited:
My only concern with the game is those red circles when approaching an interactive item. It alterates Shenmue FREE spirit too much to me.
Finger crossed menu option will allow to turn it off. ?
I found that if you're gathering in first person they aren't there. Instead your cam centers on an item, and you get a sound. If you'll play on PC, expect a mod to get rid of it too. Look, did you play Witcher 3? That was full of the red clues like that, it made sense. We'll see if it's there on the hard mode.

RX570 armor 8 gigs of video memory. Very very rarely I had a freeze for a split second entering the village on all maxed settings. Locales look beautiful. It should be a lot of fun going around them herb gathering. Herb sets=3 unique move scrolls, one being a spin kick. I WILL gather a lot. Besides one or 2 herbs restore large amounts of HP. I mean large, 900. More than his average half.

FINALLY got around to playing the demo. I love it. It’s like catching up with a friend you haven’t seen in years, and instead of just reminiscing about the old times, you tackle something new.

Ryo’s walking animation, while could still use improvement, doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it did when the first gameplay footage came out. I don’t have a huge issue with the running animation either. And I’m happy as all hell that he’s got a stair climbing animation (a pet peeve of mine when it comes to games).

Fighting will take some getting used to, but I’m enjoying it. And I really dig the training. I could do horse stance and one-inch punch for hours.

Lastly, the atmosphere is SPOT ON. Everything is so tranquil. I love this game already.
I second everything you said. If only the throws were in, if only they could be added later in the same Shenmue 3... Oh well, as is everything is very nice.

Some cool talk about the Shenmue 3 trial on Easy Allies Frame Trap. Actually cool to hear Hubers thoughts on the combat change based on his time with the trial VS the E3 demo. Glad to hear people are digging the combat more now. I've still stayed relatively in the dark on the trial, as I'd love to try and experience it mainly fresh when the game launches next month.
Man, come on, the new moves are very very unforgiving. You could use the trial to relearn them. It won't be fast unless you've super reflexes, and it doesn't need saving. It's for your fingers.

Back