Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

Just went into the demo to check how some .ini file tweaks ran... and ended up playing it to completion.

At this point it feels like fighting an addiction.
Same here, once i figured out how to enable the debugger, its gotten worse. I legit spend more than 6 hours straight just messing around with settings and using the freecam. The final game is gonna be nuts.

The worst part was after a few days of it, all my work on moves, all the sparring, into nothing. I started another game for this month I was interested in. Give me the full game, too heart breaking.
I keep thinking I should start a game of something to take me through the month as well, but I can't decide what.

Actually that's half a lie, I want to play Ni No Kuni Remastered, but I've got no idea how long that game is and I'm cautious about dragging myself through a long RPG with only a month to finish it.

I keep thinking I should start a game of something to take me through the month as well, but I can't decide what.

Actually that's half a lie, I want to play Ni No Kuni Remastered, but I've got no idea how long that game is and I'm cautious about dragging myself through a long RPG with only a month to finish it.

You aren’t going to replay first two games before 19th?

I'm with both of you above; I want to dive into 3 before playing the first two and while I CAN rush through 1 and 2 in plenty of time, I don't want to lol.

Still need to finish Shenmue II but I bought The Witcher 3 Switch like an idiot...oh well, will have to drop it because there's no way I'm not finishing II before III.
Witcher is an OK game. It is OK the first time, in the 3rd it is less junk and a bit more into exploration. Still Shenmues or Skyrim, or AC Odyssey destroy it on sheer gameplay. You're not missing much if you wait a bit. Especially if like it sounds you've already played it on another platform.

I'm with both of you above; I want to dive into 3 before playing the first two and while I CAN rush through 1 and 2 in plenty of time, I don't want to lol.
I beat Shenmue 1 in 2 days off not long ago. I don't ever want to hear how cumbersome it is, how it steals players time. It can be lightning fast if the player knows it. I asked about no sailors, you're not required to. But yes, if you wanna have fun exploring, you're free to do it too. Same with Shenmue 2. I might replay 2 weeks prior. Gives plenty of time for both, even if I do it the week of, still you're not mandated to turn on Shenmue 3 ASAP. Gonna be fun.

I'll never understand why people don't just use the in built photo functionality for taking PS4 photos, it'd look even nicer.

That said, image looks really sharp. On the PS4 front I really just want to see the foliage/flowers in the outdoors areas to see how they compare to the PC shots we've seen from the trial.

Back