Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

So just to be clear, if you want EVERYTHING you will have to buy:

1 x Shenmue III Complete Edition PS4 - $149.99
1 x Shenmue III Definitive Soundtrack Complete Edition Vinyl - $349.99 / $299.99
1 x Shenmue III Definitive Soundtrack Complete Edition CD - $49.99
1 x Shenmue III Bailu and Niaowu Outer Boxes - $34.99
1 x Shenmue III Music Selection Vinyl - $39.99

$624.95 + Whatever shipping is

Damn, sucks to be a collector right about now.
You're a good man my friend :)

I want the Collector's Edition but because I'm in Aus I'm usually asleep when these things go on sale and I miss out, so who knows!

I think this signifies that main way of making money on shenmue is not selling lots of.copies at $30 as it is not mass market but selling less but at very high price. This is the business model

I love it but can't justify it after the Kickstarter
I honestly believe you have cracked the business model for the franchise. This seems like the only way the series will continue to make profit. They sell the game and merchandise at a high price because us fans will buy it all. We get our goods and hopefully more games, they get the money and funds for future development. It's a win/win if you ask me and a very viable strategy. If Shenmue 4 gets announced, then I'll be convinced this will be the business model until the series finishes.

Yeah that is very crafty. Its like they're trapping you in the sale and if you find a way out, they'll ban your account.

Only other thing i can say is pay with paypal and select "pay after 14 days". Thats an extra layer of security if you change your mind. But as you said, your LRG account may have issues.

With all that said though, i think you'll be happy once you purchase it. If you change your mind far down the road, reselling on ebay and amazon are always an option, plus you'll make back more money
This is probably me just being stupid again, but does it really matter if they ban your account? I mean it's definitely shitty of LRG, don't get me wrong, but what I mean is it seems like a toothless punishment. If you want to order something later on, can't you just make a new account and put you're wife's name or a fake name if you think they blacklist by name? People move all the time so I doubt they'd blacklist addresses.

This is probably me just being stupid again, but does it really matter if they ban your account? I mean it's definitely shitty of LRG, don't get me wrong, but what I mean is it seems like a toothless punishment. If you want to order something later on , can't you just make a new account and put you're wife's name or a fake name if you think they blacklist by name? People move all the time so I doubt they'd blacklist addresses.
Yeah i agree.

This is probably me just being stupid again, but does it really matter if they ban your account? I mean it's definitely shitty of LRG, don't get me wrong, but what I mean is it seems like a toothless punishment. If you want to order something later on, can't you just make a new account and put you're wife's name or a fake name if you think they blacklist by name? People move all the time so I doubt they'd blacklist addresses.
I use them a lot, but yeah, it's possible. They claim they keep an eye out for "clone" accounts, but I'm sure it's difficult to pick up.

I don't know. My main point was you shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to cancel a pre-order months before they're even released though.

All you'd have to really do is deliver it to a family or friend's house under a different name. If by some chance they track ips which i seriously doubt, you can just use a VPN to mask it

I honestly believe you have cracked the business model for the franchise. This seems like the only way the series will continue to make profit. They sell the game and merchandise at a high price because us fans will buy it all. We get our goods and hopefully more games, they get the money and funds for future development. It's a win/win if you ask me and a very viable strategy. If Shenmue 4 gets announced, then I'll be convinced this will be the business model until the series finishes.
I will say, people will get burnt out or not be able to justify the money spent at some point. Maybe we should create a poll thread on here, where mostly hardcore fans are, of what they are buying today?

I will say, people will get burnt out or not be able to justify the money spent at some point. Maybe we should create a poll thread on here, where mostly hardcore fans are, of what they are buying today?
That's true. I think going forward they willl have to put Shenmue 3 to rest once and for all. We've got everything out of that game (game/merch/collectables/soundtracks, etc.) The next step should be Shenmue 4, then they can repeat the same business model again.

Saying that though, the anime will most probably be first, then the anime merch and then shenmue 4, shenmue merch etc.

It is almost time

1 minute

tenor.gif

Back