Shenmue III cover art on German Amazon

A lot of online retailers make up their own placeholder art for titles awaiting release. Do we think amazon.de (oddly enough, it isn't listed on other Amazons as far as I can see) did that or is it likely this is 'official' placeholder cover that has come from Koch Media/Deep Silver themselves?

A lot of online retailers make up their own placeholder art for titles awaiting release. Do we think amazon.de (oddly enough, it isn't listed on other Amazons as far as I can see) did that or is it likely this is 'official' placeholder cover that has come from Koch Media/Deep Silver themselves?
The latter, the same placeholder showed up in a completely unrelated German magazine months back, so it's likely been provided by Koch as a stopgap.

Looks like 2017 Ryo.
One way to know for sure is to CSI Zoom onto the store signs, as I remember them having placeholder text in the 2017 build.

if its a placeholder, then its the second placeholder. because there was a placeholder cover before that.
i dont know. why would they replace the first placeholder cover (black box with just the shenmue logo)
with another placeholder.

if its a placeholder, then its the second placeholder. because there was a placeholder cover before that.
i dont know. why would they replace the first placeholder cover (black box with just the shenmue logo)
with another placeholder.
They're updating the Amazon listing, at least in Germany anyway.

Why, why now, and why only Germany? I dunno. The pre-order push is on the way, so I guess somebody at Koch is laying some groundwork - but it's clear from the use of old screens, artwork that showed up months ago in a German magazine, and a lack of proper PEGI/USK rating + the old Deep Silver logo that the cover art is temporary.

Now they could just swap that stuff out and leave us with the same cover, but until that happens the only thing we know for sure is that it is 100% a placeholder.

Probably in Germany because Deep Silver is from there, aren't they...? Also, what does the new Deep Silver logo look like...?

Probably in Germany because Deep Silver is from there, aren't they...? Also, what does the new Deep Silver logo look like...?
1wWgqdja_400x400.png

I hope so, but isn’t this the first imagery with NPC’s?
It is not, but it's the first public imagery with NPCs. The extended version of the Gamescom 2017 trailer (re-shown at MAGIC last year with a disclaimer not to film it) has a segment with NPCs moving around. Sharing the recordings of that trailer is against the site rules because YsNet explicitly asked that it not be filmed.

It's nice to see that the NPCs have shadows. Great find!

I hope they go for a more stylised look for the final box art, like an epic shot of the mirrors with Ryo and Shenhua's silhouettes gazing up at them, or at the very least an action shot of Ryo looking awesome, doing a cool move in front of an awesome background.

Anything other than the usual "close-up of main character(s) stoic face, staring into distance".

Ok the full, higher-res screenshot looks a lot better.

If you can buy different shoes for Ryo at the Choubu Shoe Center that would be cool! I wonder how "interactive" the shops will be compared to previous games, where you basically couldn't buy anything outside of Tomato stores.

Ryos head still looks too big haha.

Otherwise it looks good. You can get the vibe of a busy town from it. Hope the shops are interactive too

I don't remember seeing this shot of the Great Wall either, makes me wonder what could happen there :)
:
shenwall.jpg

I don't remember seeing this shot of the Great Wall either, makes me wonder what could happen there :)
:
View attachment 2085
I think that shot was in a Kickstarter update. I'll try and find the update but that's definitely one we've seen before. Around 2017 I'd say.

Back