Shenmue III: NEW TRAILER! (PC Gaming Show) + Full Show with Yu Suzuki

The negative reaction are not justified.

They are just haters (but they are making lot of noise ....)

It is not fair to compare Shenmue 3 with the other AAA Game.

other AA game are not reallt better
Greed Fall
call of cthulhu
Vampyr ect ...

And even AAA have bad Character
Nier Automata, the main characters are really good but the secondary charater are not really good (PS: I really like this game )
https://cdn-prod.scalefast.com/publ.../92579413ff60bf68f02e55d8bfe526e6_1920_KR.jpg

I didn't like the trailer, but I'm not a 'hater'. Yet I am also not going to just blindly love everything that is given to us, and then start making compromises on my own thoughts based on what is shown. 'Oh, facial animations don't really matter to me', 'What do you expect for the budget?', 'Other games have bad character models' etc.

It wasn't a good showcase of the game. At all. I feel previous trailers did a better job. In my opinion, it would have been much better if we hadn't seen the Walmart footage, and that was spliced into what was shown today. But from the very start, since the Kickstarter page went up to this very day, we've seen marketing mishap after marketing mishap for Shenmue III. So I should be accustomed to this by now.

I still have hope it all comes together at the right moment -- when the game releases -- but there are plenty of worries that continue to linger in the background.

I dunno. I mean, that is just one NPC out of the, what, more than 300 we still havent seen yet? Many will no doubt look better, and some will probably be just as bad but they chose to put a spot light on this guy. Doesnt look good. This is actually the worst looking NPC in the game so far imo. I will still buy the game but I really hope they fix this guys face.
That's what worries me. What they've been willing to show does not look very good and it hasn't looked very good for a couple years now. What about the stuff we haven't seen? Oh, my. And that's not to mention we've still yet to see a few seconds of actual gameplay with a GUI.

Like all trailers before it, highs and lows. Highs looking pretty good though, and beyond what I thought we'd originally get.

Trying to make some GIFs of some of the great chase/combat scenes, but my laptop is dying trying to do it. Ah well.

Like all trailers before it, highs and lows. Highs looking pretty good though, and beyond what I thought we'd originally get.

Trying to make some GIFs of some of the great chase/combat scenes, but my laptop is dying trying to do it. Ah well.

I dunno. Frankly, it really looked worse than the Magic trailer... the lighting looked super dull and the colors mute. The environnements that used to look so rich looked really poor.

How about the fact it actually exists and is being made against all odds? That not count?
Oh yeah, as a fan I'm ecstatic this game is still happening. But there's always something controversial going on to attract negative attention to this project. When is it ever going to end? :crying:

I dunno. Frankly, it really looked worse than the Magic trailer... the lighting looked super dull and the colors mute. The environnements that used to look so rich looked really poor.

What? I can't agree with that. The Magic trailer looked way worse.

shenmue 3 was controversal the whole time already. It started with the rumors that the Kickstarter is not necessary and Sony is paying for the game anyway.

I have watched the Trailer again and again. And I really like it more every time. But I can understand that some People might think it does not look good enough.

I might be in a minority here but for me the fact that game is not Looking so good is plus Point for me. I would not say it Looks bad, it Looks good to me. It just Looks like a Video game.

I never have been a friend of the realism bandwagon the Video Industrie jumped for many many years now. The graphics are not Ready for realismn yet. So the craving for realism Looks really weird in most of the games.

I prefer the more Cartoon like of S3 over the "realistic" graphics of othere games.

But that is just me.

YSnet has to do something about the Epic whiners and fast. Hundreds of angry backers demanding a refund because you need a different launcher to play the game. Smh.

People are already talking about suing YSNet lol. They HAVE to address this and soon.

Didn't take long for the community to start pouring petrol all over itself and looking for the matches.

We don't deserve Shenmue III.

Sorry but: Shenmue III don't deserve us.

From the inception of that Kickstarter, it's like they've been working against the fans. Going for exclusivity platform deals. Shitty marketing with Awesome Japan. Bad communication on Kickstarter. And now this.

I've been supporting the game since day one. I poured a lot of my time to support the game on social medias. A lot of money too. I backed the game for 300 bucks. I had preordered an additionnal PC copy and was willing to preorder a collector edition. In the end, we're now greeted with more exclusivity deals and a trailer that looks worse. They shat the bed. It had to be said.

Didn't take long for the community to start pouring petrol all over itself and looking for the matches.

We don't deserve Shenmue III.
They've spent four years releasing bad marketing materials, poor trailers that are the laughing stock of the internet, and now this. We would love to think it's all roses in Shenmue land, but this has been a very long four years with very little to be optimistic about aside from the fact it's Shenmue 3, a game that was never supposed to exist. There's only so much delusion I can force myself to partake in, and today was a very bad day for Shenmue 3.

We can all fall back on random snippets from articles and promises made by the development team, but what they've done so far has been abysmal. Switching from Steam to Epic was such a big deal a few months ago that we had to lock down a thread on the subject because it was so out of bounds, and now we're here confronting the fact the game really is Epic exclusive.

I personally don't subscribe to the conspiracy that the internet's full of people who are out to eat Shenmue and Yu Suzuki's lunch. Sure, the original games have attracted their fair share of critics, but I don't REALLY believe we've faced four years of this kind of negativity because of internet trolls. This has been a very poorly handled affair, from Awesome Japan to Deep Silver. If a truly awesome trailer with good gameplay came out, I'd expect a positive response. Instead, we got another weird trailer that shows off nothing and the horrible Epic news, a real one-two punch of shit.

YSnet has to do something about the Epic whiners and fast. Hundreds of angry backers demanding a refund because you need a different launcher to play the game. Smh.

People are already talking about suing YSNet lol. They HAVE to address this and soon.

Well, the best solution was to not fuck over the people who believed in you. I wouldn't be mad if they fullfiled their promise. But they didn't.

Back