Shenmue III | The Story goes on - Launch Trailer

THIS is the kind of trailer that gets people talking. I actually see zero negativity in the comments

EDIT: Okay, I see one person saying "Shitmu Pee" which actually made me laugh because it shows what level the haters are on.

Man I have already watched this 7 times!

You know what is strange about this trailer? The HDR 4K support screen for the Pro at the end.
If you look at other Playstation Europe trailers, this is not standard. There are trailers whithout this screen.
The screen also pops up in the Death Stranding, MHW Iceborne or Nioh 2 trailer because they have a 1440p+ mode.
So in case of Shenmue 3, is this a mistake, just a random ad screen, or will there be a 4K patch?
Other PS4 indie trailers dont have this screen at the end.

This trailer has made me decide I'm playing with Japanese voices 100%
I was generally planning to but I really expected the English track to be better than it is. Like its better than the first 2 but thats not saying much. I think they intentionally tried to mimic the goofiness of the originals cause theres some fantastic VA's in this game but they sound kind of poor.

I was generally planning to but I really expected the English track to be better than it is. Like its better than the first 2 but thats not saying much. I think they intentionally tried to mimic the goofiness of the originals cause theres some fantastic VA's in this game but they sound kind of poor.
I have to wonder if this is a deliberate choice on Yu's part or if its just budget. It's a step down in some ways compared to something like Judgment but it's still kinda endearing in its own way.

I have to wonder if this is a deliberate choice on Yu's part or if its just budget. It's a step down in some ways compared to something like Judgment but it's still kinda endearing in its own way.
I don't think you can blame budget on this one, this has to be a deliberate choice to make the game sound like this.

giphy.gif

♬ The girl is on fire ♪ #Shenmue3

Lol oh brother

time for the negativity to flow!

Pretty great trailer concept as a whole.

Niao Sun, and Lin Shiling look amazing. And show that this game has some very nice cloth and hair physics.

Corey Marshall, imo is a greay guy, but I think that his VO continues to be hit or miss. And I dont think it is entirely his fault. YS decision to go with only one take per line was a mistake, if I am being honest. There are a few clips where Ryo sounds really good, mostly the parts where he is allowed to actually showcase anger. His other lines are mostly a miss.

Comparatively, Brianna Knickerbocker's VO for Shenhua sounds really good. The only criticism is how she sometimes pronounces "Ryo" as "Leo"

Actually, I have said this once before but with the exception of Corey's, I actually find the voice acting in the game to be good to great honestly. The English dialogue as written is hilariously stilted at times but the actual performances for the most part are great.

Still though, on the whole the Japanese VO and especially the dialogue is much better, and Ryo actually sounds human, so despite how everyone sounds great in English (besides Ryo, mostly) I will play it first in Japanese.

Also I watched the Japanese trailer first and the super delayed lip sync made me think the trailer was using English footage. Nope its the same in both versions. Really weird.

We finally have confirmation that Lin was attacking Ryo, not training him, so I was super wrong about that.

Niao Sun literally scoffs in the midst of a wall of fire and there are people that think she is some mere henceman that gets others to do her bidding. No. She is absolutely going to murder some fools.

I love Ryo's response to Ren in Japanese. Lol. Thats right, Shuuut up, Ren!

Still dont like Mr. Muscles.

Last edited:
Trying to hold off watching this but my willpower is dwindling. I've only watched official trailers. Havent seen backer demo footage.

Back