Shenmue III | The Story goes on - Launch Trailer

Guys and gals, I am crying! We are here. WE ARE HERE! Never felt so much Video-Game Joy! This trailer brings everything back. The years of waiting, hoping, dreaming and watching out. The E3 Announcement, the progress, the ups, the downs, everything. Childhood!

I am just stunned! Cannot put it in words! I wish everyone of you a magical first playthrough. May you enjoy it to the fullest.

With gratitude to the whole Community,
Sailor-San

There's a little "Top" graphic next to the article for the trailer on Gematsu, so I assume it's getting a lot of traffic.

Untitled.png

Feel free to give the article another click, another comment, etc. :p The owner of the site, Sal Romano, is a really cool guy and had the background of the site's twitter page set to Shenmue 3 for the longest time, so I assume he's a fan.

There's a little "Top" graphic next to the article for the trailer on Gematsu, so I assume it's getting a lot of traffic.

View attachment 5410

Feel free to give the article another click, another comment, etc. :p The owner of the site, Sal Romano, is a really cool guy and had the background of the site's twitter page set to Shenmue 3 for the longest time, so I assume he's a fan.
I think the "top" articles are just things that sal wants to give focus, (gematsu is just one guy) and I know sal is a fan of the series.

Here are my views on the trailer. I loved the opening with the words on screen fading in and out and great use of the classic music ( emphasizing the long wait ). Secondly, you have to hear it in Japanese ( IT'S DAMN GOOD ) after the english one because it was okay in english but I couldn't help but feel something was off ( maybe facial animations not in line with the english dub, I don't -know ).

Also Lan Di is looking even better and more refined. It's definitely the eyes that have improved.
Oh, and pause the vid at 2.05 or 2.06 and THAT'S the Lan Di I remember, the cold stare, that's what am talking about. Ryo's liable to collapse if he try to stare down those hypnotizing eyes for too long, you know.

Also, I noticed a subtle detail when Ryo points at 2.12 his head bobs or shakes a little. I thought it was a nice little touch.

Man, Sony has done NOTHING since Deep Silver came on board.......

Well, the vids are on their channel so, that's something. Plus, they did that stream on Playstation Access, even though it was short it was still exposure for the game. Then there was that written piece on their website explaining what Shenmue is all about. It's not much but every little helps.

Last edited:
Well, it is on their channel so, that's something.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, just because the video is on the PS channels.

THIS is the kind of trailer that gets people talking. I actually see zero negativity in the comments

EDIT: Okay, I see one person saying "Shitmu Pee" which actually made me laugh because it shows what level the haters are on.

Man I have already watched this 7 times!
Give the wean
Oush... how spoiler worthy is it? I don't know if I can... do we hear Lan Di Speak?
No Lan Di voice yet. IF you've seen everything else upto this point then it's not really spoilery, in my opinion.

I'll be doing the Japanese dub for sure, first time 'round.

Second time, most-likely English (let's go to the arcAAAAAAYYYYYYDEEEE!!!!!!!).

One thing I will admit, Corey has a TON more emotion and ferocity in his voice, than Masaya does, saying the, "I WILL avenge my father!" line.
I think it sounds more subtle, like he's trembling with emotion in his take as opposed to cory's=:rage:

Here's a list of Gaming News YouTubers who will report about this successful trailer and the positive reception Shenmue III is getting right now:

Oregon Pacifist did a launch trailer reaction video

I was talking about the channels that report gaming news for a living; Spawn Wave, YongYea, ReviewtechUSA, etc. The joke was that there is nobody on the list because they only report negative/clickworthy things.

Someone new to the series, just wtch the E3 trailer, and the Launch trailer.

She seems all for it.

Also lol she said it, she actually said it, Lin "looks like Kikyo". Yea, I think that's the point :)

Back