Shenmue III will be in Weekly Famitsu [Thurs, 11th April]

I've just had a quick Google translate of it and overall it reads well.

Facial animations are mentioned which is interesting. From what I got Yu might still be improving them. The full translation will provide accurate detail :)

Good weekend reading

On another note, i’m really happy the forklifts are back in. Sure、it’s fan service like all hell but hey this game wouldn’t exist without us. (In part) so i’m uber glad they’re back. I can’t wait for fork lift racing again :)

Famitsu has released the interview with Yu to their website (in Japanese). They note that the full version that I'm working on translating has some additional content.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201904/12174538.html

誌面ではさらに“釣り”のことや成長システム、本作で実現したかった理想についてなど、多くのスクリーンショットとともに掲載している。
Is this saying there are screenshots of fishing/growth system in the magazine?

Or is it saying, that for the magazine there is info on fishing, the growth system, and the ideas that Suzuki wanted to accomplish in Shenmue 3, as well as many screenshots?

I've just had a quick Google translate of it and overall it reads well.

Facial animations are mentioned which is interesting. From what I got Yu might still be improving them. The full translation will provide accurate detail :)

Good weekend reading

He says since he still has time until release, he would like to improve the facial animations.

Famitsu has released the interview with Yu to their website (in Japanese). They note that the full version that I'm working on translating has some additional content.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201904/12174538.html
I know Google Translate isn't ideal (and I can't wait for the real translation to back this up) but it seems we were right in thinking the Ryo & Master trailer didn't come from Deep Silver. Sounds like YS Net (and Shibuya Prod, I imagine) had a "great deal of negotation" with Deep Silver regarding the trailer, and pleaded for a battle scene to be included. What we ended up with was cut down considerably.

Again, rough translation, but it would make a lot of sense and line up with the speculation that the MAGIC trailer wasn't supposed to be the "true" gameplay reveal, to the point that even getting brief snippets of combat in was a struggle. Deep Silver clearly have their own plans for the gameplay reveal. It also seems like there was restrictions on what Yu could show the media in Monaco, and he's now getting to show that stuff to Famitsu.

Is this saying there are screenshots of fishing/growth system in the magazine?

Or is it saying, that for the magazine there is info on fishing, the growth system, and the ideas that Suzuki wanted to accomplish in Shenmue 3, as well as many screenshots?
The latter. (The screenshots are a selection of ones that have been released previously).

He's looking straight ahead with a neutral expression, how else is he going to look driving a forklift?
To be fair he is kind of blank faced like he's thinking about something else or on mushrooms or something... I wouldn't say he has "dead eyes" since you can't really see his eyes lol but he does seem to have a very blank unnatural expression...

But honestly that stiffness and expressionless face IS kinda Ryo...

To be fair he is kind of blank faced like he's thinking about something else or on mushrooms or something... I wouldn't say he has "dead eyes" since you can't really see his eyes lol but he does seem to have a very blank unnatural expression...

Mushrooms? lmfao

i just spit all over my phone

I know but like... how should he look? A neutral expression is perfectly natural in scenarios that don't require the face to carry an emotion. It'd be weird if he looked like that right before landing a killing blow on Lan Di or something, but he's not. He's behind the wheel of a forklift, likely in a gameplay scenario rather than a cutscene.

The latter. (The screenshots are a selection of ones that have been released previously).

Thank you. And yeah, I thought so. It makes sense considering there hasn't been any screenshots of fishing or leveling up systems released, lol. :LOL:

I know but like... how should he look?
He looks fine to me, I wasn't making any sort of criticism that his blank stare is going to ruin the game or that it should be different or anything, just verifying the fact that his face is blank in that picture. We could go crazy and discuss how he should be looking in the direction he's turning or focused on the next box he's after or keeping an eye on that corner for other traffic like most people do when driving... or that nobody with that blank a stare should be operating heavy machinery, but I'm not gonna nitpick over something so small...

Matter of fact when the other bro said it worried him I responded:
I would just hope for the best at this point. Not worth worrying about.

I like the sound of the medicine and fishing stuff.

It'll be weird jumping into the forklift and having the exact same music from Shenmue I playing in the background...weird and awesome.

I....wouldn’t like that. I think of the harbor when I hear that song. :(

I hope they’re very careful with their music re-use. It shouldn’t be that obvious.

Main reason I wouldn't like that is because INgrooves keeps falsely claiming copyright over "Working Man" (along with a bunch of other SEGA songs) and YouTube's appeal process is to say, "Hey, INgrooves, is this really your song?" "Er... yeah sure, whatever gives us free money."

Which is then swiftly followed by

The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

He looks fine to me, I wasn't making any sort of criticism that his blank stare is going to ruin the game or that it should be different or anything, just verifying the fact that his face is blank in that picture. We could go crazy and discuss how he should be looking in the direction he's turning or focused on the next box he's after or keeping an eye on that corner for other traffic like most people do when driving... or that nobody with that blank a stare should be operating heavy machinery, but I'm not gonna nitpick over something so small...

Matter of fact when the other bro said it worried him I responded:
No, I know - but I'm saying what's wrong with a neutral look during this specific instance? Ryo might indeed have an obsessive amount of character detail during actual forklifting gameplay like the examples you've given, or he may not, but what does it matter if he's staring directly ahead with a neutral expression while sat in a parked forklift?

It just feels like an unfair criticism over the teeniest, tiniest thing.

And I'm not singling you out about it, we're more... discussing it, I guess. I'm just spleen venting that it feels like the standards we hold this game to are impossible and improbable sometimes. It's just missing the bigger picture that this is Shenmue III; it's real and it's coming in a matter of months.

Back